Why The Apostles Repeatedly Disobeyed the Risen Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ occupies an elevated position in the heavens, and much authority has been given to him. His authority is above the authority of his Apostles. The apostles didn't go beyond what is written in the scriptures. God “subjected all things under Jesus feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation.” Ephesians 1:22. The apostle Paul said of Jesus: “God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11

lk 10:16

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure why I sense hostility from you here.

So tell me then;

What is the name of the Father?

What is the name of the Holy Spirit?

Jesus himself says at John 20:17 after being resurrect in his immortal and incorruptible body that he has a Father and God who was and is his Apostles and disciples Father and God. The true God has always been represented by four Hebrew letters, "YHWH" which some pronounce, "JEHOVAH" others pronounce it, "YAWEH." So Jehovah is the name of the Father. The Holy Spirit doesn't have a personal name. No personal name is given to the Holy Spirit in scripture.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself says at John 20:17 after being resurrect in his immortal and incorruptible body that he has a Father and God who was and is his Apostles and disciples Father and God. The true God has always been represented by four Hebrew letters, "YHWH" which some pronounce, "JEHOVAH" others pronounce it, "YAWEH." So Jehovah is the name of the Father. The Holy Spirit doesn't have a personal name. No personal name is given to the Holy Spirit in scripture.

This discussion is so old that I don’t remember the context of my argument.

I’ll have to review…

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This discussion is so old that I don’t remember the context of my argument.

I’ll have to review…

I'm sorry to have bothered you with it. I was just answering the two questions that was asked at the end of a reply. They were 1: what is the name of the Father; 2: what is the name of the Holy Spirit."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is Jesus the savior?

is Jesus eternal?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus the savior?

is Jesus eternal?[/QUOTE\]

The Only Begotten Son of God who was given the name Jesus when he was sent as a human by his Father and God YHWH is YHWH Christ or anointed one. This means that YHWH Only Begotten Son is the one whom YHWH would
anoint with his Holy Spirit to be the Messianic king. The word "Christ" is a title that means "Anointed One," signifying that Jesus was anointed or appointed by YHWH to a special position.
The shepherds out in the field near Bethlehem were given an angelic announcement in anticipation of Jesus role when they were told at Luke 2:11, "There was born to you today a savior, who is Christ the Lord." To be more accurate, "There was born to you today a savior, who is to be Christ the Lord."
When the Only Begotten Son personal name of Jesus is followed by the title Christ it calls attention to the person himself and that he is the one who became the Anointed One of YHWH. This occurred when he reached about 30 years of age, was baptized in water, and was anointed with YHWH's spirit visibly observed in the form of a dove descending upon him at Matthew 3:13-17.
This is the point the Apostle Peter made at Pentecost when he says at Acts 2:36-38, "God made him both Lord and Christ." When using the expression, "this Jesus" at Acts 2:36-38 the Apostle Peter was recalling the expression he had heard from Jesus own lips at John 17:3.

Putting the Title, "Christ" ahead of the Only Begotten Son of God name, "Jesus" like this, "Christ Jesus," instead of saying, "Jesus Christ," places greater emphasis on the office or position held by Jesus. It focuses attention primarily on the office, secondly on the office holder, as in saying, "King David, or Governor Zerubbabel. It reminds everyone of the singular official position Jesus holds as the anointed one of YHWH, which is an honored position not shared by others of his followers who are also anointed. Only YHWH beloved Only Begotten Son is entitled "Christ Jesus."

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is Jesus the savior?

is Jesus eternal?

a simple yes or no will suffice

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll help you’re fundamentalist inadequacy

Yes Christ and savior!

savior is God! Lk 1:47

Christ is eternal!

God is eternal!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Christ is God!

amen!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual
Christ sad let you’re yes be yes and no no

Sounds like you don't want people to explain why they believe what the scriptures say concerning the question you asked. Like I said you don't have to believe what I said when I replied to the question you asked, but I did answered the question.