Why The Apostles Repeatedly Disobeyed the Risen Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in Scripture is the trinity - not the word, not the doctrine. I submit the Great Commission was corrupted by trinitarians. That Jesus never said to bapitize people in the name of 3 but in his name only. The proof text is that is what the Apostles actually did. They obeyed the risen Lord, only baptizing people in his name - and not the name of 3.

Other explanations violate Occam's razor.

so even the Bible alone is not good enough you need your own personal interpretation or re-write of scripture

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
doctrine cannot be formed on consensus

it is divine revelation

God reveals the truth

the fullness of truth in Christ in His church thru the teaching authority of the apostles

Jn 1:16-17

Everything that we need to know about God and the truth is in the scriptures. No matter what you think everything you need to know and be a complete servant of God is in the Bible. Timothy 3:16,17. I believe that scripture at 2 Timothy 3:16,17, it seems you don't. It is true that Jesus is working through that anointed church but as I said in another post that anointed church founded on Jesus Christ and who is the head of that church isn't and never has been the Roman Catholic or any Catholic church for that matter neither has it been any of the Protestant churches. These church's have taught many false ideas concerning the Only True God and his Only Begotten Son. I know you don't believe that and you certainly have the right to believe what you believe to be the truth, but I disagree with you.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,

22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

was Peter just a man?
Was Mathias an apostle?

The apostle Peter was an imperfect human being who had inherited sin like the rest of us Just because he was called to be an apostle and was baptized with Holy Spirit doesn't mean he was more than a imperfect man. He was still an imperfect man who had inherited sin just like any other human. To try and teach people that Peter was a sinless man would be incorrect.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything that we need to know about God and the truth is in the scriptures. No matter what you think everything you need to know and be a complete servant of God is in the Bible. Timothy 3:16,17. I believe that scripture at 2 Timothy 3:16,17, it seems you don't. It is true that Jesus is working through that anointed church but as I said in another post that anointed church founded on Jesus Christ and who is the head of that church isn't and never has been the Roman Catholic or any Catholic church for that matter neither has it been any of the Protestant churches. These church's have taught many false ideas concerning the Only True God and his Only Begotten Son. I know you don't believe that and you certainly have the right to believe what you believe to be the truth, but I disagree with you.

I suppose you have a personal covenant too?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Peter was an imperfect human being who had inherited sin like the rest of us Just because he was called to be an apostle and was baptized with Holy Spirit doesn't mean he was more than a imperfect man. He was still an imperfect man who had inherited sin just like any other human. To try and teach people that Peter was a sinless man would be incorrect.

not impeccable but without error Jn 16:13
Did peter do right?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BARNEY BRIGHT, post:

1 Thessalonians 2:23 ---> And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 ---> So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letterfrom us.

Luke 10:16 ---> Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

Hebrews 13:7 ---> Remember your leaders, those who spoke the word of God to you..

just words of men

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only cos Christ said so Lk 10:16
Everything that Jesus said and everything God inspired men to write down by his Holy Spirit is in the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16,17 is true. You don't go beyond what is written in the scriptures. So you can think these councils of men are greater than Jesus Christ all you want but they're not, and I know you don't think you're seeing these councils of men as being greater than Jesus Christ but the fact that these councils are stating things that are not in the scriptures they are going beyond what is written down in the scriptures. No councils of men have more authority than Jesus so if they state things or issue commands that go beyond what scripture says, those councils of men are wrong, not the scriptures.
At Luke 10:16 These 70 people Jesus sent out by twos were not going beyond what Jesus had taught them, nor was he telling them to.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything that Jesus said and everything God inspired men to write down by his Holy Spirit is in the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16,17 is true. You don't go beyond what is written in the scriptures. So you can think these councils of men are greater than Jesus Christ all you want but they're not, and I know you don't think you're seeing these councils of men as being greater than Jesus Christ but the fact that these councils are stating things that are not in the scriptures they are going beyond what is written down in the scriptures. No councils of men have more authority than Jesus so if they state things or issue commands that go beyond what scripture says, those councils of men are wrong, not the scriptures.
At Luke 10:16 These 70 people Jesus sent out by twos were not going beyond what Jesus had taught them, nor was he telling them to.

the apostles have the same Authority as Christ yes?

Scripture alone is not enough

Lk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Acts 1:15 peter stood up and opened the scripture to them

acts 8 the eunuch had scripture God sent an apostle to teach him

not Bible alone and a personal interpretation!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the apostles have the same Authority as Christ yes?

Scripture alone is not enough

Lk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Acts 1:15 peter stood up and opened the scripture to them

acts 8 the eunuch had scripture God sent an apostle to teach him

not Bible alone and a personal interpretation!

All authorities are subject to Jesus. The apostle's authority isn't equal to Jesus' authority, the apostles are subject to him Jesus isn't subject to them.
The apostles themselves told people to not go beyond what is written. Everything that Jesus taught and everything the Holy Spirit inspired men to write down is in the scriptures. Everything you need to know or learn about God his Only Begotten Son and salvation eternal life is in the scriptures.
2 Timothy 3:16,17 as I said is true, it's obvious you don't believe that.

In Acts 1:15 the apostle Peter was simply quoting scripture that spoke of judas betrayal. Peter stayed within what was written he didn't go beyond what was written.
At Acts 8:26-36, Phillip asked the eunuch if he understood the scripture he was reading and the eunuch didn't so Phillip explain it to him, but there again, Phillip didn't go beyond what was written in the scriptures nor what Jesus had taught him. I also said I understand that with regard to the True Church, that Jesus is its foundation and that Jesus is the head of this Church which obviously would have Gods Holy Spirit and yes this is the way that Jesus is teaching his people, but as I said I don't believe the Roman Catholic Church or any Catholic church or protestant church is the church that Jesus is working through. If people, such as councils of men, say something that is within scripture that doesn't go beyond what is written down, I will agree with it if not I will not agree with it

Luke 24:32 these men were simply stating they were loving what this person was saying, who was actually Jesus Christ although at the time they didn't know that, until Jesus broke bread with them, then he disappeared. Here again, this person who was Jesus didn't go beyond what he had already taught before his death. In none of these scriptures did anyone go beyond what was written or what Jesus had already taught.

Bible alone is enough, scriptures such as 2 Timothy 3:16,17 and others is proof of that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All authorities are subject to Jesus. The apostle's authority isn't equal to Jesus' authority,

really not what the Bible says
Jn 20:21-23 as the father sent me, I send you
Same authority

Bible was a enough

without the teaching authority of the apostles you cannot know what is and what is not scripture

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Christ occupies an elevated position in the heavens, and much authority has been given to him. His authority is above the authority of his Apostles. The apostles didn't go beyond what is written in the scriptures. God “subjected all things under Jesus feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation.” Ephesians 1:22. The apostle Paul said of Jesus: “God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11