Why The Seventh Day For Rest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which we see,...
Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:8
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah

Romans 2:15
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The creation week is a "Preface"--a preview to the greater plan of God for humanity.

In which case, the practices commanded of Israel were also a preface--"a light unto the gentiles" (to all the other nations and peoples of the world). With the coming of Jesus came the commencement of that previewed "rest", by His providing the way for people to "enter in" which had been as much as "hindered" by Israel, just as is revealed in the gospels.

It is in the middle of the creation week preview that, according to Daniel's prophecy, would be that commencement (also referred to as "the first resurrection"), which would then not be completely accomplished until the end, that is, until "the seventh day" as depicted in the creation week revelation and preview.

The answer to the question of whether or not Christians should "keep the Sabbath" as Jesus commanded, is yes. But it is not to be confused (as it is with many) with what was commanded of Israel--as Christians are for the most part not the "light unto the gentiles", but are themselves the gentiles. Which means we are not to be that same light, but to receive that light--which is Christ...which "in Him" makes us uniquely "the light of the world"--with Him, until the end. "I am with you unto the end of the age."

Which means, no, Christians are not to take a day of rest on Saturdays...but are to continue the works, as He said, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” John 5:17 Meaning that we who have already "entered in" to Christ, do not rest as Israel rested as a practice pointing to the rest of God, but do now actually rest in God "in heavenly places", but also while we "are alive and remain" in the world, we are to "work" as "kings and priests." In which case, means we "keep the Sabbath" having already attained the "rest" that was to come, that cannot be taken from us.

But if we have not yet "entered in" to Christ and to the "rest of God", we are to "keep seeking, and knocking" (not preaching or teaching).
Hello ScottA, How have you all been? And Thank you Brother.

Love, Walter And Debbie

• Love
Reactions: ScottA