Why Woul a Loving God Create Such a Hateful Place?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' temple (body) was created here on earth. What that temple housed was with the Father from before creation. That temple housed the word, and again the word was God. Please reconcile John using scripture if you disagree.

"So in the natural also in the Spiritual." I think this is where we disagree.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Virgin birth explains much. It was Gods spirit that impregnated Mary not man, thereby Jesus is a direct image of the Father. Fully man and fully God. God proved his nature of goodness through Jesus. He did have the ability to sin, but in accordance to his nature he did not. By stating he had the ability to sin is simply saying he had free will.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No Ducky you are right also in Jer 17:5, 19, 21 ,24

You should read the verse before it Jer 17:9 ....you lead me to a satan verse.
So, you are conceding that this is Jesus/God?

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why would God create such a hateful place as hell?

I think that better minds than mine have produced some very good reasons why.

Unfortunately there are hearts that are possessed of a perpetual desire for self-indulgence and minds blinded by rebellion against the Almighty.

These same hearts and minds refuse to accept the good news that God is willing to look beyond the animosity of the past.

These same pompous arrogant hearts and minds continuously reject incredible acts of humility on the part of the Almighty to reconcile differences between Heaven and Earth.

Why would God create hell?

WHY WOULD HE NOT?

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I think it's God's will to be present with us, for there to be no animosity, and where he can be who he is in all his glory. God doesn't let sin enter his presence (though He can enter into the presence of sin). If some people won't accept God's cure for their condition of sin, and if God wants to live and reign both in us and here among us, then it would make sense that those who don't accept that privilege would have to be somewhere else. Separation from God is the opposite of good.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
There are many ways of approaching the subject of God being Jesus. If we spend time considering their relationship as presented in the Scriptures we certainly struggle to reconcile such a teaching as the Trinity.

We all know that God resurrected Jesus Christ from the grave. This in itself begins to define the nature of their relationship; being God the Creator and Jesus Christ the created. You may like to explore the references of God making his son. 2 Cor 5:21 “made or make” Rom 8:3 “likeness or form” and so on, reveals Jesus Christ was reliant on God for his beginning and his resurrection and ascension. If they were "co-equal...co-eternal", as the trinity doctrine states, then we would expect their relationship to be that of equals. However we see Jesus Christ being vastly different "physically" than his Father. We also know that Jesus was reliant of his Father to learn wisdom and that wisdom was not inherently in him. Luke 2:40. We also see the relationship between God and Christ is similar to that of husband and wife:

"The head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God" (1 Cor. 11:3).

As the husband is the head of the wife, so God is the head of Christ, although they have the same unity of purpose as should be between a husband and his wife. "Christ is God's" (1 Cor 3:23), as the wife belongs to the husband.

We find in some of the Epistles they introduce us to “God the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ”. The fact that God is described as "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Pet. 1:3; Eph 1:17) this is even after Christ's ascension to heaven, which shows that this is now their relationship, as it was during Christ's mortal life.

Revelation, the last book of the New Testament, was written at least 30 years after Christ's glorification and ascension, yet it speaks of God as "his (Christ's) God and Father" (Rev. 1:6 R.V.).

In this book, the resurrected and glorified Christ gave messages to the believers. He speaks of "the temple of my God...the name of my God...the city of my God" (Rev. 3:12). This proves that Jesus even now thinks of the Father as his God and therefore he (Jesus) is not God.

During his mortal life, Jesus related to his Father in a similar way. He spoke of ascending "unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God" (John 20:17). On the cross, Jesus displayed his humanity to the full: "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46). Such words are impossible to understand if spoken by God Himself. The very fact that Jesus prayed to God "with strong crying and tears" in itself indicates the true nature of their relationship (Heb. 5:7; Luke 6:12). God evidently cannot pray to Himself. Even now, Christ prays to God on our behalf (Rom. 8:26,27 cp 2 Cor. 3:18).

In conclusion, a servant does his master's will, and is in no way equal to his master (John 13:16). Christ always recognised what power and authority he had was always from God, rather than in his own right: "I can of mine own self do nothing...I seek...the will of the Father which hath sent me...the Son can do nothing of himself" (John 5:30,19).

Alethos

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Jesus is God.

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think it's God's will to be present with us, for there to be no animosity, and where he can be who he is in all his glory. God doesn't let sin enter his presence (though He can enter into the presence of sin). If some people won't accept God's cure for their condition of sin, and if God wants to live and reign both in us and here among us, then it would make sense that those who don't accept that privilege would have to be somewhere else. Separation from God is the opposite of good.

Well said and simply put.