Why would the devil care if some get saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would the devil care when a soul comes to salvation? Aren't most people going to join him in the lake of fire anyway? Commentators and the like make it seem like he loses big time when a person comes to saving faith but what does he lose exactly? Obviously he can't get everyone. Does he recieve greater condemnation the more people get saved or something?

If the majority of humanity is going to the lake of fire punishment, isn't that kind of a win for Satan already?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the devil care when a soul comes to salvation?
There is a passage in Scripture where the Angels in heaven rejoice when one turns to God, even more than when a righteous person acts righteously.

In economics (the study of scare resources and their distribution), this is called marginal analysis. Changes matter at the margins. For each $1 more spent on gas money, another person is squeezed, having to make opportunity cost sacrifices. It doesn't matter to the person taking a vacation to a foreign land, buying his 5th car and 3rd house. It matters to the person who cannot sustain their life style with the small additional cost to necessary goods.

The same applies to demons. Marginal analysis is where it is at. Each a zero sum game victory or defeat for the forces of good and evil. The devil always cares about sticking it to his Creator at every opportunity.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the devil care when a soul comes to salvation? Aren't most people going to join him in the lake of fire anyway? Commentators and the like make it seem like he loses big time when a person comes to saving faith but what does he lose exactly? Obviously he can't get everyone. Does he recieve greater condemnation the more people get saved or something?

If the majority of humanity is going to the lake of fire punishment, isn't that kind of a win for Satan already?
One less worshipping him, scripture mentions the ego.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Satan doesn't care. He is a person that is programmed without a conscience. His purpose is to seek and destroy whosoever he can, like a lion who chases a herd knows he isn't going to get all of them, just that he will eat one today. The lion doesn't regret not getting all or missing some as long as he gets a meal that day. I would imagine he suffers disappointed and hunger when he goes for days without a catch. He learns what he did wrong the last time and improves his strategy the next time. Every situation is different so he takes into account dangers, obstacles, distance, time and each prey reacts differently and has different abilities that he learns about with experience, and so it is with Satan, who is much intellegent than a lion.
But I don't think Satan is capable of having regrets for not getting one third of humanity, nor does he know his fate. Angels don't know the future, nor do demons. I am not sure about this though because he does know the Bible, what it says and works to twist and distort it. The future is in there along with what happens to him, he just doesn't believe it nor does he understand it. He does not have discernment, which requires the Holy Spirit. So the depth of spiritual understanding in the scriptures is a void to him.
It is also interesting to point out that he doesn't do anything unless he has God's permission. What? That sounds crazy but read Job. He was allowed to destroy everything in Job's life except Job.
God is sovereign and so that means He is in control of Satan and allows him do what he does. This concept is a difficult to accept but it is written into God's plan perfectly. God's perfect plan is not threatened by some rogue angel who went off and took 1/3 of the angels with him. Good and evil are woven together throughout history for the purpose of mankind to receive and learn from. His sheep are chosen out of that bunch and enlightened to the TRUTH, Jesus.
A computer virus is designed to infect the entire system, but prior to this safeguards are installed to protect certain components, programs and files. Some information may get lost or corrupted and therefore must be deleted. Other programs and files are spared.
God's elect are protected, safeguared against Satan. We have guardian angels that actually do battle with the demons. We may suffer like Job but ultimately we will be saved. God does nit desire tha any would perish, there us just no other way, all cannot be saved, may will be lost.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
Do not underestimate the prince of the power of the air. Do not forget the temptation of Jesus.

Okay, he's crafty and sews seeds of doubt in you. He tries to take your Christian credibility down. Like using temptation to take Preachers, and you, down from sexual immorality and greed. He tells you you're not good enough, you can't be a missionary, you haven't got people skills.. IF you haven't noticed in your life, something seems to get in the way, or knocks you down if you try to start something. He knows all about how we think and do. and knows your ancestors. He uses family traits. Many Christians can't get out of the world because of this.

How to overcome: Pray without ceasing before you do things, like eat. Before you drive, before you shop, etc..

remember - Jeremiah 17: 5 - cursed is the man who trusts in man, whose heart departs from the LORD.

Do you trust your doctor or the LORD. Put the LORD first, before making a doctors appt., before the visit, and afterwards for guidance; and in all things you do. In particular, Thank the LORD for all things good and bad (in your mind), God has a plan for you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, but satan is really a god of hate, and in a way his skin is on the line, remember the recorded argument between him and Jehovah recorded in Job 2? If he can successfully turn all angels and humans away from God, then logically he proves his case, and it would be unjust of God to execute him, correct? Really though his fate is sealed, as Jesus sealed it with his integrity till death. Imagine the outcome if Jesus would have bowed down to him Mat 4:8,9

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why would the devil care when a soul comes to salvation?

Satan hates God, Christ, Christians, the Cross, humans, and all of God's creation.
He exists to blind the minds of both the believers and the unbelievers.
IN the case of the unbelievers, this causes them to die eternally damned .. John 3:36
In the case of the born again, If he can blind you with deception, you'll end up in a cult, and live a life that God can't use, while you'll actually believe that you are in God's will, spirit filled, and pleasing God.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
Do not underestimate the prince of the power of the air. Do not forget the temptation of Jesus.

Okay, he's crafty and sews seeds of doubt in you. He tries to take your Christian credibility down. Like using temptation to take Preachers, and you, down from sexual immorality and greed. He tells you you're not good enough, you can't be a missionary, you haven't got people skills.. IF you haven't noticed in your life, something seems to get in the way, or knocks you down if you try to start something. He knows all about how we think and do. and knows your ancestors. He uses family traits. Many Christians can't get out of the world because of this.

How to overcome: Pray without ceasing before you do things, like eat. Before you drive, before you shop, etc..

remember - Jeremiah 17: 5 - cursed is the man who trusts in man, whose heart departs from the LORD.

Do you trust your doctor or the LORD. Put the LORD first, before making a doctors appt., before the visit, and afterwards for guidance; and in all things you do. In particular, Thank the LORD for all things good and bad (in your mind), God has a plan for you.
When ever I ponder about how crafty Satan is , I think about the "Screwtape Letters", an excellent book of how diabolical Satan's work is and his principalities are.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting @Ronald David Bruno, there are many people who study about the Devil, and you know by the bible standards, yes in the book of Job - The devil was able to have permission to deal with Job, but God knew that Job wouldn't lose faith even with all things going on. He was humbled before God, though my ponderance if this was before Satan had been completely kicked out. Darkness is also tempting but that comes from our own mind and the world that surrounds us, but many people blame Satan. I just dont get why people dont put Satan away in his defeated state according to the bible self. I hardly have any reason to talk about the devil or Satan because it's just not all that important really, as God, and the Lord Jesus Christ and his victory over all things.

Anyway, just some of my observations; as I use to believe Satan was alive and active, but upon coming to the bible, it seems he had an end, in REvelation 20:10; and if people bring him back up it's like brining him back up from the dead. Like if you die to sin, and then you go talk about that sin you did all the time, it brings it back up from the dead, and the chances of commit the sin again whatever it may be.

Would like your insight even if you have to break all this down above, Thank you.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, just some of my observations; as I use to believe Satan was alive and active, but upon coming to the bible, it seems he had an end, in REvelation 20:10;
Revelation was written about 95 AD. Most of Revelation 6-22 hasn't happened yet!
I know you have an Amillennial/ Preterist view.
Evil and deception in the world is growing and man is responsible, but Satan is still influencing man and will soon be granted control of the world during the time referred to as the Gret Tribulation ( 3 1/2 years). You just started another thread about Satan and In will address that in more detail.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation was written about 95 AD. Most of Revelation 6-22 hasn't happened yet!
I know you have an Amillennial/ Preterist view.
Evil and deception in the world is growing and man is responsible, but Satan is still influencing man and will soon be granted control of the world during the time referred to as the Gret Tribulation ( 3 1/2 years). You just started another thread about Satan and In will address that in more detail.
Oh okay, I see where we differ. Thank you for being direct about this with me, sir!