Why wouldn't there be God ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
(Thunder1;37615)
My question was not about tooth fairy, but if you'd like to still believe in it, that's ok with me.
I appreciate that you respect my belief, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the modern (adult) society sees the toothfairy as imaginary. It's a bit like the Celestial Teapot.

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
Me? Well... Evolution, BigBang and Quantum Theory. The natural kindness in people, the world and the future. The worth of secularism and the importance of understanding.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Grape;37689)
Me? Well... Evolution, BigBang and Quantum Theory. The natural kindness in people, the world and the future. The worth of secularism and the importance of understanding.
Grape, could you tell more about believing in the world and the future and the worth of secularism? What way they are important to you ?

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
(Pildit;37599)
I already addressed this. We as a whole human race don't know. I openly admit that we don't know, we have no evidence in the direction of finding out. Logically it has to be something, but what that something is. We or I don't know.
Speak for yourself.
Me personally? Plenty of things I do aren't necessary to merely survive, however these things come more into play when there is more than enough food, water, shelter, etc.
That wasn't the question, but I'll let it go.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Ek Pyros;37908)
Speak for yourself.
All anyone has right now is theories.
That wasn't the question, but I'll let it go.
No the question was what do I do that isn't to do with survival. Well... I write posts like this for one, I watch TV, I play video games... plenty, however what I said still applies because if I didn't have enough food, water or shelter I'd be spending my time looking for those or working towards them in some way instead.

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
(Ek Pyros;37256)
Because it was created for a reason.Why is there something rather than nothing?
I fully agree that IF life was created for a reason, then there IS a purpose to it. But one does not answer the other. Whether life has a purpose is the same question as was life created for a reason.Why is there "something rather than "nothing"? I guess just about every thinking human has pondered that one
smile.gif
. Sometimes I try to imagine the universe as empty, totally devoid of all matter, just pure, endless, space - and I admit that my mind starts to go really wobbly when I ask where did it come from and, even worse, what would there be without space - what is absolute "nothing"!But the fact that space and matter do exist does not lead exclusively to the conclusion that there is a God who created humans and gave them a purpose to life. It is only one possibility, albeit a pretty strong one
smile.gif

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
This what I believe:Romans 1:20: "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Grape;38058)
How sweet.But really, what proof do you have?
What proof do you have there isn't? Hard evidence too not word of mouth cause you say so....

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
(Pildit;37927)
All anyone has right now is theories.
And logic...(Pildit)
No the question was what do I do that isn't to do with survival. Well... I write posts like this for one, I watch TV, I play video games... plenty, however what I said still applies because if I didn't have enough food, water or shelter I'd be spending my time looking for those or working towards them in some way instead.
The question was what do you do that goes against survival INSTINCTS.(Kalixx)
I fully agree that IF life was created for a reason, then there IS a purpose to it. But one does not answer the other. Whether life has a purpose is the same question as was life created for a reason.Why is there "something rather than "nothing"? I guess just about every thinking human has pondered that one . Sometimes I try to imagine the universe as empty, totally devoid of all matter, just pure, endless, space - and I admit that my mind starts to go really wobbly when I ask where did it come from and, even worse, what would there be without space - what is absolute "nothing"!But the fact that space and matter do exist does not lead exclusively to the conclusion that there is a God who created humans and gave them a purpose to life. It is only one possibility, albeit a pretty strong one
I think the question of purpose was more general (i.e., purpose behind existence as a whole). If there is a God, and if He created the universe (both demonstrable by science and logic), then He created it for a purpose. Because if He could freely choose to create or not create (which God can, by definition), then by creating, His actions implied reason behind His choice (purpose). Why does something exist rather than nothing? Either something natural outside the universe (for which we have no evidence or logical support) created the universe or some Intelligent Being did. If the latter (the better of the two choices) created, It created for a reason or it wouldn't have created at all.

Ahmed

Feb 22, 2008
Could i ask a question. I haven't actually read all the posts so please forgive me. Do Christians believe in the big Bang?

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
(Ahmed;38070)
Could i ask a question. I haven't actually read all the posts so please forgive me. Do Christians believe in the big Bang?
Some do and some are irrational.Apparently Pope John Paul II blessed the BigBang theory, since it made it possible to fit God into the creation.But I hope a Christian is going to give you a "real" answer.

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
(Two;38061)
What proof do you have there isn't? Hard evidence too not word of mouth cause you say so....
Isn't it up to you to prove it? (no offence)Just because we can't disprove it doesn't give it a 50/50 chance.Since you are the one claiming the existance of this invisible, inaudible, supernatural being, you are the one who should produce the proof.Think about it.Some links for you:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russels_Teapothttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Pink_Unicorn

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Grape;38093)
Isn't it up to you to prove it? (no offence)Just because we can't disprove it doesn't give it a 50/50 chance.Since you are the one claiming the existance of this invisible, inaudible, supernatural being, you are the one who should produce the proof.Think about it.Some links for you:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russels_Teapothttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Pink_Unicorn
The proof is on you to proof there isn't since you don't believe it to start with. And this Big Bang theory thing is a crock of horse manure I just Googled it. I have proof the Bible.Whats yours? Think about that will ya? And the offense has already been taken prepare the defense cause your gonna need iit.

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
I did believe in God. But that's another story.- - -You think that the "God explanation" is much more logical than the BigBang theory? Lets start up easy.Prove to me that the Bible mythology is more correct than the Norse mythology.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Grape;38105)
I did believe in God. But that's another story.- - -You think that the "God explanation" is much more logical than the BigBang theory? Lets start up easy.Prove to me that the Bible mythology is more correct than the Norse mythology.
Do you realize the Truth can't be maked up? Truth is nothing but Faith.A Lie, however is a false hope and a false faith that brings false peace.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Grape;38121)
Ah, the wonderful 'F'-word. Great, explains everything.
I remember where you said, that you did believe in God. But the question is... Do you still believe in God?I was from the opposite direction... Did the bible say there will be people saying "There is no God"?Faith without works is dead. JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.