Why wouldn't there be God ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(kalixx;37120)
Why should life have to have a purpose?
kalixx, do you think, you have a purpose in life or are you just happy not to have any purpose ? I mean you don't want to even have any kind of purpose in this life?

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
I believe in God.But its your choice.Do you believe we have a special reason for being here, and that God is watching over us and by having faith and following Him we can achieve salvation?Or do you believe we were the result of some sort of cosmic accident, and we exploded into the universe created by NOTHING somehow?Something had to be there, always, before the beginning of time, and that Something is God. Something had to create us, and for a reason. God is an eternal being, and has no beginning nor end.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
Well, life IS purpose. Life doesn't just "have" a purpose. There is not life, and then purpose, and this is what life has taken on as purpose.... what I mean is it's not 1+1=2, it is 1. But you don't have to accept that life is purpose- everyone is free to make up their own mind about everything.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
Why would there not be God?... well why WOULD there be a God? (Serious question - as you know I'm on a quest to find God... so serious question).Of course there is God. Who else created everything that 'Big Bang' ?There was no "who" just events that happened. No "person" or "god" made them happen from an evolution/big bang theory point of view.What is your purpose in life ? What do you think ? Any ideas from non-christians?Purpose IN a persons life is up to the individual person. What the purpose OF life is well merely survival I guess.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(stlizzy;37155)
Well, life IS purpose. Life doesn't just "have" a purpose. There is not life, and then purpose, and this is what life has taken on as purpose.... what I mean is it's not 1+1=2, it is 1. But you don't have to accept that life is purpose- everyone is free to make up their own mind about everything.
Hi Stlitzzy,do you have a purpose in life ? I mean your purpose ?

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(Pildit;37169)
Why would there not be God?... well why WOULD there be a God? (Serious question - as you know I'm on a quest to find God... so serious question).Of course there is God. Who else created everything that 'Big Bang' ?There was no "who" just events that happened. No "person" or "god" made them happen from an evolution/big bang theory point of view.What is your purpose in life ? What do you think ? Any ideas from non-christians?Purpose IN a persons life is up to the individual person. What the purpose OF life is well merely survival I guess.
Explain how big bang could be real. How could something start from NOTHING,there had to be something to make US.Life can not come from NOTHING,So there had to be SOMETHING.That SOMETHING is GOD."The alpha and omega"Merely survival,the purpose of life changes in everyone,But my purpose is to serve God!Why wouldn't there be a God? How else can you explain life starting? And many other things!I am not going to go into depth about this for I am tired sorry! But I would like to hear why you asked the the question WHY would there be a GOD

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Dukester;37244)
Explain how big bang could be real. How could something start from NOTHING,there had to be something to make US.Life can not come from NOTHING,So there had to be SOMETHING.That SOMETHING is GOD."The alpha and omega"Merely survival,the purpose of life changes in everyone,But my purpose is to serve God!Why wouldn't there be a God? How else can you explain life starting? And many other things!I am not going to go into depth about this for I am tired sorry! But I would like to hear why you asked the the question WHY would there be a GOD
The big bang theory as a whole is quite broad.My inclinations tilt more towards that there was some sort of collision between planets.Earth and life on it didn't come from NOTHING, I'm in now way suggesting that it did. What I am saying is there would have been things already in existence that came together in some chance chain of events and circumstances to cause earth, evolution and life.I can explain life starting by elements coming together to create single cells then evolution.However could this all be God? Sure it could be.I ask the question why would there be a God, because in my mind right now... I can see perfectly well why there wouldn't be one. However I'm open minded and I want someone to tell me why there would be one - with more than "look around you, see the birds, plants, sky, etc".

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
(kalixx;37120)
Why should life have to have a purpose?
Because it was created for a reason.Why is there something rather than nothing?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Pildit;37169Purpose IN a persons life is up to the individual person. What the purpose OF life is well merely survival I guess.[/QUOTE said:
Thunder1:Hi Pildit,What is your purpose in life ? Is it just survival in your case?What do you think ?

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37370)
Thunder1:Hi Pildit,What is your purpose in life ? Is it just survival in your case?What do you think ?
Survival is the general... across all species.Me personally. At this point in my life, I have to say I'll let you know when I've figured it out (or refigured it out... even if it's a different outcome).I think a persons purpose in life can be different for everyone, some people it's to serve their deity, for others its to serve people and save lives (eg. doctors), for others it's to just live life and have fun and some want to save the world or atleast make some sort of difference.Everyones different and a variety of factors probably contribute to a persons personal purpose in life... that purpose also may change at different points in their life.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
(Thunder1;37178)
Hi Stlitzzy,do you have a purpose in life ? I mean your purpose ?
God created life, and this life was created for knowing Him. Life was purpose = knowing God. (Knowing God on a personal, 100% pure and daily level.)Then, we got off from being able to know Him intimately because of what we did (the fall), not because of what He did.Therefore, He sent Jesus Christ so that we could know Him again. Life through Christ's sacrifice goes back to knowing God. Life was purpose = knowing God.This is what I know, and this is what life's purpose, or purpose, or life IS. This is why there is life. Thanks!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Pildit;37388)
Survival is the general... across all species.Me personally. At this point in my life, I have to say I'll let you know when I've figured it out (or refigured it out... even if it's a different outcome).I think a persons purpose in life can be different for everyone, some people it's to serve their deity, for others its to serve people and save lives (eg. doctors), for others it's to just live life and have fun and some want to save the world or atleast make some sort of difference.Everyones different and a variety of factors probably contribute to a persons personal purpose in life... that purpose also may change at different points in their life.
Pildit, I'm looking forward to hear when you'll find out, is YOUR purpose in this life .

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
(Pildit;37251)
The big bang theory as a whole is quite broad.My inclinations tilt more towards that there was some sort of collision between planets.Earth and life on it didn't come from NOTHING, I'm in now way suggesting that it did. What I am saying is there would have been things already in existence that came together in some chance chain of events and circumstances to cause earth, evolution and life.I can explain life starting by elements coming together to create single cells then evolution.
Abiogenesis has been repudiated already. And how can you argue that the universe came from things which already existed when we know that it came from nothing and could not come from something already existing?... Where did these planets or whatever come from? When did they begin?(Pildit;37388)
No offense, but this sounds like equivocation to me...Have you ever done anything contrary to survival of the fittest instincts? (I know you have) Why?

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37563)
Pildit, I'm looking forward to hear when you'll find out, is YOUR purpose in this life .
I'm looking forward to finding it.(Ek Pyros;37590)
Abiogenesis has been repudiated already. And how can you argue that the universe came from things which already existed when we know that it came from nothing and could not come from something already existing?... Where did these planets or whatever come from? When did they begin?No offense, but this sounds like equivocation to me...
I already addressed this. We as a whole human race don't know. I openly admit that we don't know, we have no evidence in the direction of finding out. Logically it has to be something, but what that something is. We or I don't know.
Have you ever done anything contrary to survival of the fittest instincts? (I know you have) Why?
Of course. Once again, the survival thing a general across all species.Me personally? Plenty of things I do aren't necessary to merely survive, however these things come more into play when there is more than enough food, water, shelter, etc.

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
(Thunder1;36460)
That's it ! Why would there not be God ?
Why would there not be a toothfairy?I remember clearly that when I was young and put my tooth in a glass of water, the next morning the toothfairy had replaced it with a coin.Sure, some of you might say that it was my parents who did it, but then I say: Prove it.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
My question was not about tooth fairy, but if you'd like to still believe in it, that's ok with me.