Why wouldn't there be God ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ahmed

Feb 22, 2008
I'm a Muslim and we support the big bang. According to Wikepedia the big bang theory (i don't really like calling it a theory) was formulated in the 20th century. (sorry couldnt post the link due to me being a new user)But the Quran talks about this more than 1400 hundred years ago. Could some one clear up for me what was the position of the big bang before Pope John Paul II.

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
It seems like I might have mixed up "Pope John Paul II"and "Pope Pius XII".Pope Pius XII liked the theory.Another thing that should be noted is that the person who first proposed the theory was Georges Lemaître, a catholic priest.- -About the claims that the Big Bang is mentioned in the Qu'ran. Things often mean what we want them to mean.The fact that some text might mention something that might be possible to interpret as the big bang is no more credible than the parts in the bible that says the earth is spherical.You can't claim that the Qu'ran is an accurate scientific text until you can draw some scientifical conclusion from it.It's the same with the prophecies of Nostradamus. They have never been able to tell the future, but many people have been able to fit parts of it to things that has happened.(It's the same thing for all prophecies/holy texts.)

Elisha Kai

Nov 21, 2007
No the Qur'an does not refer to the Big Bang theory! What the Qur'an refers to is the separation of heaven and earth, which the Qur'an admits within the same passage was according to the opinion of the ancient people. The separation of heaven and earth was a view promoted the Greeks and Roman centuries before the rise of Islam; yet his is the view which the Qur'an follows. The view implied that the earth was a central enourmous entity within the universe from which the heavens and its material derived. This completely contrasts the Big Bang theory which implies that the earth evolved with cosmological expansion, in other words heaven and earth have never separated. Rather the earth is an entity within the heaven. This is a debate of mine on the Qur'an and the Big Bang theory with a few Muslims on another forum:http://www.formermuslims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2553

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Ahmed;38221)
I'm a Muslim and we support the big bang. According to Wikepedia the big bang theory (i don't really like calling it a theory) was formulated in the 20th century. (sorry couldnt post the link due to me being a new user)But the Quran talks about this more than 1400 hundred years ago. Could some one clear up for me what was the position of the big bang before Pope John Paul II.
Ahmed if thats what Muslims believe then so be it thats fine. But why come here to question a theory you say you already believe in? Tell you what you ever seen that 1956 movie Creature form the Black Lagoon? Watch it..........In the beggining..........

Ahmed

Feb 22, 2008
Hello,I'm not really into science, but i think you have had the discussion with the wrong people. I will try and give you some links that i had previously on this. Also i can refer you to a site that will probably be willing to talk this with you.

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
Try to read more about how they think that they Big Bang happened. Also, try to read all sides of the argument.

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
The Big Bang has a lot of flaws. This is putting it generally, but one of the flaws is dealing with the expansion rate of the universe and temperature.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Ek Pyros;38251)
The Big Bang has a lot of flaws. This is putting it generally, but one of the flaws is dealing with the expansion rate of the universe and temperature.
I found those flaws as well but I was waiting for them to acknowledge it they never did.....

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Ahmed;38221)
Well,that's news to me, so you are sort of atheists also, what a mixture.

Ahmed

Feb 22, 2008
How does that make me an atheist. No way, no way. Just because you believe in big bang doesn't make you an atheist.

Elisha Kai

Nov 21, 2007
The information conveyed in those links are totally debunked and refuted in the previous link I posted. You need to read the link I posted as well, and with an open mind.

Ahmed

Feb 22, 2008
Why shouldn't i post links. There not rebuked actually. Its a shame people cant be truthful to themselves. Anyway i just wanted to stop by this website and wanted to suggest something to the people of this forum before its too late. Have you lot watched the debates between prominent muslims against prominent Christians? If you haven't i suggest you do. When i get sometime i will try and post the links.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Ahmed;38649)
Why shouldn't i post links. There not rebuked actually. Its a shame people cant be truthful to themselves. Anyway i just wanted to stop by this website and wanted to suggest something to the people of this forum before its too late. Have you lot watched the debates between prominent muslims against prominent Christians? If you haven't i suggest you do. When i get sometime i will try and post the links.
I'm just interested to hear what YOU've got to say.