Will I Still Sin After Belief On Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, you will, as long as you are in the flesh, you will still slip up at times.

1 John 1 is where ALL Christians are to be familiar with so as to 'know' what to do after having believed, and we slip up and find we have sinned.

Be aware brethren of those who preach against this 1 John 1 Scripture with wrongly saying it is not about one who believes on Jesus Christ. Apostle John most definitely is... speaking to believers on Jesus here in this Chapter. That absolutely means these John is speaking to have already believed on Jesus, and most likely already been baptized.

1 John 1:3-10
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

John is addressing believers on The Father and His Son here, not those who haven't yet believed. Those who push men's false doctrine of "once saved, always saved" are against this Scripture, so they try to say John was not speaking to 'believers' on Jesus Christ. Settle it therefore, that John was speaking to believers here, so that's that.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

John of course is comparing that idea of walking in "darkness" with sinning. We cannot have fellowship with God while habitually walking in darkness, i.e., sinning. This means we are to do something about it WHEN we find ourselves in a sin.

7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

How do we do that "walk"? Apostle Paul gave us clear examples in Galatians 5 that IF... we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law, because walking by The Spirit the law says nothing against. Only IF we walk by our 'flesh', do we sin Paul showed. Then the law has much to say against those sins of the flesh, as Paul even gave a list of walks in the flesh there in Galatians 5, and in 1 Timothy 1, and in 1 Corinthians 6.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Even as a 'believer' on Jesus Christ, if we say we no longer can sin, His Truth is not us with thinking that. That is why man's false OSAS doctrine is actually of the devil, because they teach this idea that after having believed you cannot sin anymore, and that anything you do after belief is 'automatically' forgiven by Jesus. That kind of thinking can put you in danger of hellfire. You're still in the flesh, you're still going to slip up and sin at times. Like Apostle Paul said in Romans 6:7, "For he that is dead is freed from sin.")

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
KJV

That... is what we in Christ Jesus are to do... once we as believers discover we have slipped up and committed a sin. We are to ask Him for forgiveness! And He is just to forgive us!

Last edited:

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After belief doesn't matter, but it's rather after becoming a Christian which is not determined by just belief. But even after becoming a Christian, one is still a fleshly being and prone to sin. We don't become perfect upon becoming a Christian.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After belief doesn't matter, but it's rather after becoming a Christian which is not determined by just belief. But even after becoming a Christian, one is still a fleshly being and prone to sin. We don't become perfect upon becoming a Christian.
And that's one of the points Satan's servants try to use against those of The Faith. They try to say Christianity is false, because we still slip up at times and sin.

Apostle Paul said the Scriptures have concluded all under sin so that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe (Galatians 3:22). That doesn't mean we have a license to sin. It means we are to work things out with Lord Jesus, repentance and take our slip ups to Him, asking His help.

In Romans 6:7, Paul said those who are dead are freed from sin. That points to our flesh body being the strongest causes of our sins.

Then in Romans 8:1, Paul then said there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but walk after The Spirit. He further defined that 'walk' in the Galatians 5 chapter. A habitual walk after our flesh can... put us back under condemnation, thus like he said also, for each believer to work out their own salvation, meaning we still need to check ourselves for sin and repent after having believed on Jesus Christ and been baptized.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's one of the points Satan's servants try to use against those of The Faith. They try to say Christianity is false, because we still slip up at times and sin.

Apostle Paul said the Scriptures have concluded all under sin so that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe (Galatians 3:22). That doesn't mean we have a license to sin. It means we are to work things out with Lord Jesus, repentance and take our slip ups to Him, asking His help.

In Romans 6:7, Paul said those who are dead are freed from sin. That points to our flesh body being the strongest causes of our sins.

Then in Romans 8:1, Paul then said there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but walk after The Spirit. He further defined that 'walk' in the Galatians 5 chapter. A habitual walk after our flesh can... put us back under condemnation, thus like he said also, for each believer to work out their own salvation, meaning we still need to check ourselves for sin and repent after having believed on Jesus Christ and been baptized.
Have no clue what you're having a problem with on my response. The point I was making is that sinning after belief is meaningless because belief alone does not save nor does it make you a Christian. However, after you've become a Christian, a believer who has been baptized into Christ, we're still prone to sin because we're still fresh. If you sin after conversion, then yes, sorry or repentance is necessary.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have no clue what you're having a problem with on my response. The point I was making is that sinning after belief is meaningless because belief alone does not save nor does it make you a Christian. However, after you've become a Christian, a believer who has been baptized into Christ, we're still prone to sin because we're still fresh. If you sin after conversion, then yes, sorry or repentance is necessary.
What you are preaching is of the devil.

Check out what this person is saying brethren in Christ:

He says,
1. "... sinning after belief is meaningless ...".

That idea, that sin after... having believed on Jesus Christ, means nothing... according to that above statement. You know what FALSE doctrine of the devil that is brethren? That is the 'Once Saved, Always Saved" doctrine of the devil! They wrongly believe that ALL... your sins forever after you have believed on Jesus are automatically forgiven, so NO NEED FOR ANY FURTHER REPENTANCE FOR SIN TO JESUS! That would also mean brethren, you no longer need to take Communion with Jesus Christ!

Now just WHO... would be against all that??? Hmmmm....................?

Answer: The DEVIL himself. He wants... us to IGNORE future sins we may commit!

I don't know if DJT realizes what he is saying, he could be just repeating stupidity that he has been taught, because I'd prefer to think it's that instead of some idea that he got from the devil.

2. ... belief alone does not save nor does it make you a Christian."

One cannot become... a Christian unless they first BELIEVE on the Blood of Jesus Christ Who was sacrificed upon the cross for the remission of sins "that are past", for those who BELIEVE (many probably forget Apostle Paul specified just which... sins are forgiven by Faith on Jesus at the cross -- See Romans 3:25). We still need to repent of our sins we discover AFTER having believed on Jesus and been baptized (1 John 1).

But the MAIN POINT that makes his statement no.2 terribly... FALSE, is his thinking that belief on Jesus Christ alone does not save! nor make one a Christian! That thought there is of the devil himself! Obviously, this fellow has not read much of The New Testament, nor about the malefactor crucified with Jesus that believed on Him, and that's pretty revealing enough of his false source from somewhere else outside of God's Word.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are preaching is of the devil.

Check out what this person is saying brethren in Christ:

He says,
1. "... sinning after belief is meaningless ...".

That idea, that sin after... having believed on Jesus Christ, means nothing... according to that above statement. You know what FALSE doctrine of the devil that is brethren? That is the 'Once Saved, Always Saved" doctrine of the devil! They wrongly believe that ALL... your sins forever after you have believed on Jesus are automatically forgiven, so NO NEED FOR ANY FURTHER REPENTANCE FOR SIN TO JESUS! That would also mean brethren, you no longer need to take Communion with Jesus Christ!

Now just WHO... would be against all that??? Hmmmm....................?

Answer: The DEVIL himself. He wants... us to IGNORE future sins we may commit!

I don't know if DJT realizes what he is saying, he could be just repeating stupidity that he has been taught, because I'd prefer to think it's that instead of some idea that he got from the devil.

2. ... belief alone does not save nor does it make you a Christian."

One cannot become... a Christian unless they first BELIEVE on the Blood of Jesus Christ Who was sacrificed upon the cross for the remission of sins "that are past", for those who BELIEVE (many probably forget Apostle Paul specified just which... sins are forgiven by Faith on Jesus' death and resurrection -- See Romans 3:25). We still need to repent of our sins we discover AFTER having believed on Jesus and been baptized (1 John 1).

But the MAIN POINT that makes his statement no.2 terribly... FALSE, is his thinking that belief on Jesus Christ alone does not save! nor make one a Christian! That thought there is of the devil himself! Obviously, this fellow has not read much of The New Testament, nor about the malefactor crucified with Jesus that believed on Him, and that's pretty revealing enough of his false source from somewhere else outside of God's Word.
Preaching and teaching from God's Word and quoting scripture and not offering meaningless personal opinions is NOT of the devil. You're delusional. Go study

Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will I Still Sin After Belief On Jesus Christ?

Can a Believer stop believing, thus be an unbeliever and committer of Sin… yes.

He is called fallen from faith.
He is called fallen from grace.

Uh oh, oops.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching and teaching from God's Word and quoting scripture and not offering meaningless personal opinions is NOT of the devil. You're delusional. Go study
It's very obvious that it is YOU... that needs a whole lot more Bible study, and to stop listening to those false crept in unawares you are listening to. Those ideas you push against Christ's Salvation by FAITH alone don't come from God's Word. They are men's stupid ideas, and you are not the first one that has tried to push them. So go fish!

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's very obvious that it is YOU... that needs a whole lot more Bible study, and to stop listening to those false crept in unawares you are listening to. Those ideas you push against Christ's Salvation by FAITH alone don't come from God's Word. They are men's stupid ideas, and you are not the first one that has tried to push them. So go fish!

Faith alone never has nor ever will save anyone. There's no scriptural support for this. Post scripture not words or thoughts of your own

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Will I Still Sin After Belief On Jesus Christ?​

Absolutely YES!!

We read in Romans 7:19-25:
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

According to the above passages, our salvation is a two part conversion. When we became saved, only in our "spirit" essence where we have been "born again" and desire not to sin.

While still in our body we will continue to sin as it has not yet been saved until it is raised on the last day. Hence we read, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

To God Be The Glory

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Will I Still Sin After Belief On Jesus Christ?​

That depends on what you choose, and the strength of your faith, that is, how much you actually believe the teaching of the Bible.

I think the greatest number of us, perhaps even all of us, have to learn to, be trained to, believe, and choose rightly.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on what you choose, and the strength of your faith, that is, how much you actually believe the teaching of the Bible.

I think the greatest number of us, perhaps even all of us, have to learn to, be trained to, believe, and choose rightly.

Much love!
Recall that Apostle Paul said those who have died are freed from sin.

I find that many of my brethren in Christ do not properly understand this present world of 'imperfection', which also involves our 'imperfect' flesh existence during this world.

Only Lord Jesus could be born in the flesh of woman and be literally perfect without sin. That is because He is GOD, and only GOD can do that. We can only be COUNTED perfect while in the flesh by our Faith in Jesus Christ. The redemption of our body to come is not about a redeeming of our flesh body. Our flesh body is destined to perish, back to the earthly material elements where it came from. It is our spirit body which is redeemed and saved by Lord Jesus Christ. And in that future glorious spirit body, we will have no more sin.

Reactions: marks
Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, you will, as long as you are in the flesh, you will still slip up at times.

1 John 1 is where ALL Christians are to be familiar with so as to 'know' what to do after having believed, and we slip up and find we have sinned.

Be aware brethren of those who preach against this 1 John 1 Scripture with wrongly saying it is not about one who believes on Jesus Christ. Apostle John most definitely is... speaking to believers on Jesus here in this Chapter. That absolutely means these John is speaking to have already believed on Jesus, and most likely already been baptized.

1 John 1:3-10
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

John is addressing believers on The Father and His Son here, not those who haven't yet believed. Those who push men's false doctrine of "once saved, always saved" are against this Scripture, so they try to say John was not speaking to 'believers' on Jesus Christ. Settle it therefore, that John was speaking to believers here, so that's that.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

John of course is comparing that idea of walking in "darkness" with sinning. We cannot have fellowship with God while habitually walking in darkness, i.e., sinning. This means we are to do something about it WHEN we find ourselves in a sin.

7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

How do we do that "walk"? Apostle Paul gave us clear examples in Galatians 5 that IF... we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law, because walking by The Spirit the law says nothing against. Only IF we walk by our 'flesh', do we sin Paul showed. Then the law has much to say against those sins of the flesh, as Paul even gave a list of walks in the flesh there in Galatians 5, and in 1 Timothy 1, and in 1 Corinthians 6.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Even as a 'believer' on Jesus Christ, if we say we no longer can sin, His Truth is not us with thinking that. That is why man's false OSAS doctrine is actually of the devil, because they teach this idea that after having believed you cannot sin anymore, and that anything you do after belief is 'automatically' forgiven by Jesus. That kind of thinking can put you in danger of hellfire. You're still in the flesh, you're still going to slip up and sin at times. Like Apostle Paul said in Romans 6:7, "For he that is dead is freed from sin.")

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
KJV

That... is what we in Christ Jesus are to do... once we as believers discover we have slipped up and committed a sin. We are to ask Him for forgiveness! And He is just to forgive us!
Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments;
and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

This does not agree with you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This does not agree with you.
That kind of statement does not make sense. It's not about what we think, it's about what God's Word says as written, and His Word with that 1 John 1 chapter as an example is not that difficult to understand. So why in the world someone would rather listen to some man with a bunch of worldly credentials behind their name instead, I just do not know.