Will Jesus Christ Rule On This Earth In A Millennium, With A (Rod Of Iron)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus dosent take a (Rod Of Iron) to reign upon this earth as many suggest

Jesus Christ returns and "Destroys" with a (Rod Of Iron), just as a potter destroys his vessels

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 2:27KJV
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Psalm 2:9KJV
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psalm 2:9---Thou shalt...break THEM with a rod of iron.

Psalm 2:9. ---Thou shalt...dash THEM in pieces.

Rev 2:27---he shall...rule THEM with a rod of iron.

Rev 2:27--- THEY The VESSELS shall...be broken to shivers.

Rev 19:15---OUT of HIS MOUTH goeth a sharp sword --- to smite the NATIONS

Rev 19:15---shall rule THEM with a rod of iron

Rev 19:15---he treadeth the winePRESS
Rev 19:15---the winePRESS IS: the Fierceness AND Wrath of Almighty God.

Jesus dosent take a (Rod Of Iron) to reign upon this earth as "many" suggest

---A PRESUMPTION, OUT OF CONTEXT!---

To argue your POINT, honestly, QUOTE another making the CLAIM...JESUS IS "actually" "literally" Himself reigning UPON the earth.

Scripture REVEALS...what SHALL HAPPEN, BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

Jesus Christ returns and "Destroys" with a (Rod Of Iron), just as a potter destroys his vessels

You are SAYING...Jesus Christ..."RETURNS" ... TO WHERE?
You are MAKING...an INFERENCE...of Jesus Christ .... "RETURNING".... TO...UPON
The EARTH....TO THEN DESTROY...
ERROR ..."Jesus Christ"... DOES NOT "RETURN" TO...UPON the EARTH...
TO...DESTROY the vessels, as YOU suggest.

* It is the Son of man, (called Jesus) who Came to Earth (humbled, without His Reputation)...
* It is the Son of man, (called Jesus) whose (Knowledge of His Reputation was Revealed, While He was On Earth.)
* It is the Son of man, Who would be called (the Son of God), WHEN MEN OF THE EARTH, began to Learn the Knowledge, OF His Reputation, THAT He IS: the Christ Messiah OF God: THAT His REPUTATION, IS: He IS the Christ...
* THAT JESUS IS: the Word of God, to be SEEN and HEARD by earthly men.
* The CHRIST, IS: the Power, Wisdom, Seed of God, UNSEEN, BUT Understood, by earthly men.

* It IS, the Son of man (Jesus), "With" His Reputation...WITH POWER, THAT
* SHALL "COME DOWN" from the HIGH HEAVEN, (where NO Earthly man has BEEN), from WHERE, He Came FROM, He Returned TO....
* HE..."COMES DOWN"....TO the "LOWER" Heavens... THE CLOUDS.... ABOVE THE EARTH....

* HIS Servant...the Archangel...HAS already "CALLED AND GATHERED" Christ's Church TO THE CLOUDS...(that you do not believe).

* He..."COMES DOWN"..."TO the Clouds"..."TO GATHER" ... "All the SOULS of men THAT BECAME "SAVED" During the First and Middle Portions OF THE TRIBULATION... THEIR BODY"S KILLED by the Anti-Christ.

* He...."COMES DOWN" ... "TO THE CLOUDS..... NOT EARTH "TO GATHER HIS SAVED"........ THEN (NOT ON EARTH) MAKES WAR AGAINST...
Fallen Angels...and "Chains" them.
* FROM ... HIS CLOUD "POSITION"...
HE RULES..."with"... A ROD OF IRON
* THOSE REMAINING ON EARTH WHO REJECTED receiving His Gift OF SALVATION.
* His ROD....AUTHORITY POWER
* His IRON...WORD
....SPEAKING...WITH POWER
* DESTROYING....mans Works...buildings, statues, cities.
* SMITES...the Nations, Countries, LANDS, shakes them with Earthquakes, OFF their foundations of hills, mountains.
* DASHING...MEN "OF" this World...with PLAGUES, biting insects, sores, famines, corrupt water sources.
* BREAKING...PRESSING...REMAINING MEN "OF" this World...flesh, bones, blood, (blood a mans life)...with HIS TREADING POWER PRESSING them unto DEATH.
* BECAUSE... of GODS ANGER.
* BECAUSE... of GODS JEALOUSY
* EFFECTED...by GODS WRATH
* EFFECTED...by GODS AUTHORITY
* EFFECTED...by GODS POWER
* EFFECTED...by GODS WORD

Yes, WHILE the Lord IS IN Heaven;
The Archangel Gathers The Saved SOULS of Christ to the Clouds.

Yes, WHILE the Lord WITH POWER Descends TO the CLOUDS...He Gathers TOGETHER the SOULS of men, "SAVED During" the first TWO portions of the Tribulation.

Yes, AFTER the saved SOULS (during the first two portions of the Tribulation) ARE risen up..

Yes, The Lord WITH POWER...(from the Clouds)..
MAKES WAR with the "fallen Angels"...(during the LAST portion of the Tribulation) and chains them.

Yes, The Lord WITH POWER...(from the Clouds)...
During the LAST portion of the Tribulation...
RULES the EARTH...
....WITH HIS ROD OF IRON...

* causing... HAVOC...Destruction...Famines...Death...
* UPON the remaining HUMAN OCCUPANTS "upon" the Earth....WHO REJECTED...the Lord Gods Offering of SALVATION.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, it is a fierce judgment and not a reign upon this Earth physically. I am not even sure where people got that idea as Him being on this Earth like a human King ruling it during a millennium is not present in the Scriptures.

Just more DENIAL of the written Scripture in Zechariah 14 and Revelation 20, etc.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Answer is No (No to Christ Reigning with a Rod of Iron, or anyone else)

Per the written Word of God in Zechariah 14 and Revelation, Christ WILL... reign over the wicked for a thousand years with His faithful elect, and then the GWT Judgment will happen, and then the new heavens and a new earth time.

God's consuming fire burns up man's works off the earth on the "day of the Lord", the day when Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives where He ascended to Heaven from per Acts 1. That event is what ushers us all... into the start of the world to come, in spiritual bodies.

On the day of Jesus' coming, all still alive will be 'changed' at the twinkling of an eye to the spiritual body that Apostle Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15. And per John 5:28-29 on that day, the "resurrection of life" AND the "resurrection of damnation" will happen. The resurrection means putting on the spiritual body, even for the wicked "resurrection of damnation"! This is so... simple when one simply heeds God's Word as written.

That means, the time immediately after Jesus' return is going to be a time on earth in the spirit type body, for ALL. It was Isaiah 25 where Apostle Paul was pulling from in 1 Corinthians 15 about the idea of death being swallowed up in victory. And Isaiah 25 points to ALL... peoples in that time, not just the Church. So that change includes those leftovers of Zechariah 14:16 that came up against Jerusalem on the last day of this present world.

This is how God's River will manifest in the holy land against, flowing out of Christ's future Millennial sanctuary written of in Ezekiel 40 through 47. On either side of that River of the waters of life will be the tree of life. That will manifest during Christ's future "thousand years" reign. Revelation 22:14-15 even reveals that existing while the wicked are still not yet destroyed.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have, and I did. All one need do is simply read the Zechariah 14 and Revelation 20 Scripture as written.

I have read them and none of it proves your position. Perhaps you should read them as they are written.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Looking neither to the left, not to the right
But gazing straight ahead, I see a glorious sight
Descending from the sky, adorned like a bride
Is my home! Sigh!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read them and none of it proves your position. Perhaps you should read them as they are written.

I have proven it, just by pointing to the Scripture.

Zechariah 14:16 shows the left overs that came up against Jerusalem (on the last day of this world), will be made to come worship The KING at Jerusalem from year to year, and keep the feast of tabernacles. And those nations, like Egypt, which refuse to come up and worship, there will be no rain on their lands. That coupled with the plain Revelation 20 Scripture about Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect truly make those who deny it look stupid. Thus those of us who know better, laugh at the amillennialist that deny those Scriptures.

Zech 14:16-19
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
KJV

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have proven it, just by pointing to the Scripture.

Zechariah 14:16 shows the left overs that came up against Jerusalem (on the last day of this world), will be made to come worship The KING at Jerusalem from year to year, and keep the feast of tabernacles. And those nations, like Egypt, which refuse to come up and worship, there will be no rain on their lands. That coupled with the plain Revelation 20 Scripture about Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect truly make those who deny it look stupid. Thus those of us who know better, laugh at the amillennialist that deny those Scriptures.

Zech 14:16-19
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
KJV

Prove from Scripture that the passages are to be coupled, and prove that it is the Last Day of the world exclusively from Zechariah also.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove from Scripture that the passages are to be coupled, and prove that it is the Last Day of the world exclusively from Zechariah also.

I don't have to prove to you anything. If you want to deny the Zechariah 14 Scripture I posted as written, then fine, go to. Other than that, you're just a waste of time.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to prove to you anything. If you want to deny the Zechariah 14 Scripture I posted as written, then fine, go to. Other than that, you're just a waste of time.

I haven't denied it, and I see that you have no proof of your position, so accordingly I will treat it as the worthless unproven claim that it is. Baruch HaShem. Even the false prophet Muhammad did better than this.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't denied it, and I see that you have no proof of your position, so accordingly I will treat it as the worthless unproven claim that it is. Baruch HaShem. Even the false prophet Muhammad did better than this.

Not only have you denied the Scripture proof I gave, now you're denying that I even gave you that Scripture! You simply don't make sense, and show you're not to be trusted.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only have you denied the Scripture proof I gave, now you're denying that I even gave you that Scripture! You simply don't make sense, and show you're not to be trusted.

You gave me Scripture, but quoting a thing and proving your interpretation of a quote are two different things, and only the latter counts as proof for a position based on the former. You simply are irrational, God bless.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that many folks read Revelation like something it is most assuredly not -- a "puzzle book" where it's necessary to figure out what "this" really is and what "that" really is -- rather than a picture book, in the manner of a 10-year-old reading "Where the Wild Things Are." Revelation is a recounting of the entire course of the Millennium of Revelation 20 (from Pentecost to the Return of the King [Lord of the Rings reference])... several times over, actually. The theme of the book, and why those who read, hear, and keep what is written in it are blessed (1:3), is, Jesus wins.

I agree that there is no "Rapture." His return will certainly be a rapturous event, but not a removal of His church from the earth for any period of time, much less seven years.

And there is no future thousand year reign of Christ from the throne of David in a third temple rebuilt in Jerusalem. Christ Jesus reigns now as the Greater David at the right hand of the Father over God's Israel, which includes both Jew and Gentile.

When Christ Jesus returns, the Judgment will take place, and the unrepentant will be sent away from the new heaven and new earth, which will be one.

Jesus wins. And in knowing this future reality for certain, despite what our present circumstances may be, we are blessed.

Grace and peace to all.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that many folks read Revelation like something it is most assuredly not -- a "puzzle book" where it's necessary to figure out what "this" really is and what "that" really is -- rather than a picture book, in the manner of a 10-year-old reading "Where the Wild Things Are." Revelation is a recounting of the entire course of the Millennium of Revelation 20 (from Pentecost to the Return of the King [Lord of the Rings reference])... several times over, actually. The theme of the book, and why those who read, hear, and keep what is written in it are blessed (1:3), is, Jesus wins.

I agree that there is no "Rapture." His return will certainly be a rapturous event, but not a removal of His church from the earth for any period of time, much less seven years.

And there is no future thousand year reign of Christ from the throne of David in a third temple rebuilt in Jerusalem. Christ Jesus reigns now as the Greater David at the right hand of the Father over God's Israel, which includes both Jew and Gentile.

When Christ Jesus returns, the Judgment will take place, and the unrepentant will be sent away from the new heaven and new earth, which will be one.

Jesus wins. And in knowing this future reality for certain, despite what our present circumstances may be, we are blessed.

Grace and peace to all.

That kind of summation of Revelation and speaking against what is actually written in God's Word shows you have to be a TROLL.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That kind of summation of Revelation and speaking against what is actually written in God's Word shows you have to be a TROLL.
LOL! No, I think we both love the Lord. And God's infallible and inerrant Word. Grace and peace to you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! No, I think we both love the Lord. And God's infallible and inerrant Word. Grace and peace to you.

If you love The LORD, then speak His Word, not your own. Your post went against what is actually written in God's Word in several places.

1. Christ's Book of Revelation is NOT... "a recounting of the entire course of the Millennium".

2. there will... be a rapture. The word 'rapture', though not actually written in the Greek manuscripts, is simply a Latin translation of Greek harpazo... which IS... written in the Greek New Testament manuscripts. That is about the saints still alive on earth being caught up to Jesus on His return to the Mount of Olives, in their spiritual bodies. And that description is directly from Bible Scripture.

3. Christ Jesus is NOT... sitting upon David's throne He is promised just yet, which is an earthly throne. Zechariah 14 reveals Christ's feet touch down upon the Mount of Olives at His future return. So He definitely is... coming back to this earth to reign over the nations, upon David's throne (Matthew 25:31-34).

4. Christ only reigns through His Church on earth today, which is a 'spiritual' Kingdom, not His prophesied literal earthly Kingdom still to come. In Revelation 11 it is written that on the 7th Trumpet, all the kingdoms of this present world become those of The Father and His Son. That means today's kingdoms are mainly controlled by Satan until Jesus returns to take them over (in Luke 4, Satan offers them to Jesus if He will follow him, which also shows this.)

5. There will... be a "thousand years" period of Christ's future reign over the nations, called the Millennium. It does not involve a 3rd temple, for the 3rd temple is the one to be built in the last days during this present world for the false Messiah to sit in. Christ will build the future thousand years temple, which will be the temple of Ezekiel 40 forward that will manifest God's River and the Tree of Life.

6. The Great White Throne Judgment will only take place at the end... of the future "thousand years" period, as shown in the Revelation 20 Scripture. It is clearly written there, so no excuse for men that push false doctrines against that.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. Christ Jesus is NOT... sitting upon David's throne He is promised just yet, which is an earthly throne. Zechariah 14 reveals Christ's feet touch down upon the Mount of Olives at His future return. So He definitely is... coming back to this earth to reign over the nations, upon David's throne (Matthew 25:31-34).

4. Christ only reigns through His Church on earth today, which is a 'spiritual' Kingdom, not His prophesied literal earthly Kingdom still to come. In Revelation 11 it is written that on the 7th Trumpet, all the kingdoms of this present world become those of The Father and His Son. That means today's kingdoms are mainly controlled by Satan until Jesus returns to take them over (in Luke 4, Satan offers them to Jesus if He will follow him, which also shows this.)

5. There will... be a "thousand years" period of Christ's future reign over the nations, called the Millennium. It does not involve a 3rd temple, for the 3rd temple is the one to be built in the last days during this present world for the false Messiah to sit in. Christ will build the future thousand years temple, which will be the temple of Ezekiel 40 forward that will manifest God's River and the Tree of Life.

6. The Great White Throne Judgment will only take place at the end... of the future "thousand years" period, as shown in the Revelation 20 Scripture. It is clearly written there, so no excuse for men that push false doctrines against that.
Jesus Christ Warned His Followers, Concerning Him Being On This Earth In A Millennium (Beware)

Many claim Jesus will literally return and rule "On This Earth" In A Millennium this being false in deception

Jesus warned his followers against this teaching, Jesus wont be found anywhere upon this earth as many claim

The Antichrist will be in Jerusalem, claiming to be Messiah Returned, "Beware"!

"Believe It Not" "Go Not Forth"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 13:13-14KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. In Revelation 11 it is written that on the 7th Trumpet, all the kingdoms of this present world become those of The Father and His Son. That means today's kingdoms are mainly controlled by Satan until Jesus returns to take them over (in Luke 4, Satan offers them to Jesus if He will follow him, which also shows this.)

The 7th Trump in Revelation 11:15 represents (The End) in the "Final Judgement "seen in verse 18 below

Revelation 11:15-18KJV
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.