Will There Be A Future Temple In Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below you see the word "Temple" and the word "Delusion" found in only two places in my KJV Holy Bible, both instances are in association with a "Temple" with 2 Thessalonians 2:4 showing future events that surround the future second coming of Jesus Christ

Yes scripture strongly suggest that there will be some sort of a temple in Jerusalem, with renewed animal sacrifice, and yes this is an abomination to the cross of Calvary

Scripture Clearly Shows This "Temple" and "Delusion" are future unfulfilled

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12KJV
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Isaiah 66:1-4KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below you see the word "Temple" and the word "Delusion" found in only two places in my KJV Holy Bible, both instances are in association with a "Temple" with 2 Thessalonians 2:4 showing future events that surround the future second coming of Jesus Christ

Scripture Clearly Shows This "Temple" and "Delusion" are future unfulfilled

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12KJV
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Isaiah 66:1-4KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
Yes there will be a future temple

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Lord’s Christian people will gather and live in all that area promised to Abraham. They will build a great Temple and will rebuild and develop all of the new country of Beulah, in wealth and prosperity. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 39:25-29, Zechariah 8:12

Haggai 2:6-9 The Lord says: In a little while, I shall shake the heavens and the earth, I shall shake all the nations and their treasure will come here. Mine is the silver and the gold and the splendour of the latter House will surpass that of the former. In this land, I will grant prosperity and peace. Amos 9:13-15

Zechariah 8:9 Take heart, all you who now hear that the Temple will be rebuilt as the prophets foretold. Zechariah 6:15

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sounds like Anglo British Israelism doctrine, do you know anybody who is persuaded by this doctrine other than Keraz?
The Bible is quite clear, the real people of God are the ones who believe in Him and who keep His Commandments. They come from every tribe, race, nation and language.

I have reported your vile and disgusting comment, made from ignorance as you are incompetent to make a proper rebuttal.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes there will be a future temple
I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and oppressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your reiteration of an historical attempt to rebuild the Temple, has no bearing on the fact of a future new Temple.
It is a direct abrogation and denial of plainly stated prophetic scripture to reject it.
I enjoy fireworks.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is quite clear, the real people of God are the ones who believe in Him and who keep His Commandments. They come from every tribe, race, nation and language.

I have reported your vile and disgusting comment, made from ignorance as you are incompetent to make a proper rebuttal.
I have posted with you for years on the forums Keras, yes you teach (British Israelism), have you changed your beliefs in the past 5 years?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have posted with you for years on the forums Keras, yes you teach (British Israelism), have you changed your beliefs in the past 5 years?
What I believe, is that it is ONLY the faithful Christian peoples, who are the chosen, elect; people of God. All the rest of mankind are not and are destined for destruction. Romans 9:22

But the existence of the true descendants of Jacob, is Gods mystery. Only He knows who they are; Amos 9:9 They are still scattered among the nations; people in every tribe, race, nation and language. Soon to be gathered and to live in all of the holy Land. Only a remnant of the Jews.

I have NOT changed my beliefs, since I started writing on the Prophetic Word, about12 years ago.
And you have not comprehended the truths of God's Plan to obtain for Himself a group of people who have freely chosen to serve Him and to be His people, His witnesses, His Light to the nations.
This WILL happen, or humankind is no more or better than the lowest forms of life.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I believe, is that it is ONLY the faithful Christian peoples, who are the chosen, elect; people of God. All the rest of mankind are not and are destined for destruction. Romans 9:22

But the existence of the true descendants of Jacob, is Gods mystery. Only He knows who they are; Amos 9:9 They are still scattered among the nations; people in every tribe, race, nation and language. Soon to be gathered and to live in all of the holy Land. Only a remnant of the Jews.

I have NOT changed my beliefs, since I started writing on the Prophetic Word, about12 years ago.
And you have not comprehended the truths of God's Plan to obtain for Himself a group of people who have freely chosen to serve Him and to be His people, His witnesses, His Light to the nations.
This WILL happen, or humankind is no more or better than the lowest forms of life.
Don't you believe that this lineage of faithful will be from the 10 northern tribes?

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will there be a future temple in Jerusalem?

Since the question is being asked to anyone and the OP can receive any type of response without the OP saying “you’re wrong”, I’ll post my thought on it; because saying I’m wrong negates the open question.

There could be a physical temple built. Do we need it? No. No physical temple is needed because a temple made with hands is inferior to a temple made without hands, eternal in the heavens which temple we are.

Does a temple need to be physical in order to validate scripture in relation to the man of sin sitting in it? No, it doesn’t. Why? Because the pride (exalting himself above all) of the man of sin is what is “as if” he’s sitting on God’s throne, on the ark between the cherubs. Scripture teaches us that if any man defile’s the temple of God, God will destroy him. The man of sin will seek to destroy the eternal 3rd temple and “shatters the power of the Holy people”.

As one commentator says,
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God; not in the temple of Jerusalem, which was to be destroyed and never to be rebuilt more, and was destroyed before this man of sin was revealed; but in the church of God, so called, 1 Corinthians 3:16 the Ethiopic version renders it, "in the house of God"; for antichrist rose up out of, and in the midst of the church; and it was a true church in which he first appeared, and over which he usurped power and authority;

For those seeking a literal temple, that’s also an opinion shared by many. With that view, even If I were to see it manifest, I’d understand what to look for. But if it comes in the Church, will those seeking a literal application miss it…

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Don't you believe that this lineage of faithful will be from the 10 northern tribes?
We are told that the House of Israel is scattered among the nations and is a vast multitude. Even Josephus said they were a huge number of peoples.

Who they are, does not concern us, as we know that only the faithful Christian believers will be the Lords people. If the majority of the people who go to live in the holy Land will actually be from all the tribes if Israel, that is God's doing, for the purpose of fulfilling His Promise to the Patriarchs.

Calling me a British Israel supporter, is a demonstration of your ignorance and inability to discern the plan of God for His true and chosen peoples.