Will There Be "Women" In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Kriss,If understood, you are saying the change is physical not spiritual. So these "spirit bodies" then do have flesh and bones, just as Jesus told us He does. Just not flesh and bones like we have now?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(kriss;57460)
God is not the author of confusion The mystery is we shall not all die(sleep) Why is this? he goes on to say at the last trump that is the second coming all mortal bodies that is flesh shall be changed to Immortal bodies in the twinkling of an eyethis not a spiritual thing its a physical action. ...Those who are deserving of a second chance get to be taught Gods truth. ...
Kriss, just commenting on these statements. When we are changed, our flesh body melts away and dies. So at that time all flesh bodies will be dead. We will once again be in our heavenly bodies, no more pain, etc.
smile.gif
The Millennial time is not a second chance, the "souls" that will be taught at that time have never had a real teacher of Gods Word, their eyes have been closed by God, so them would not have been accountable. (waquinas)
Kriss,If understood, you are saying the change is physical not spiritual. So these "spirit bodies" then do have flesh and bones, just as Jesus told us He does. Just not flesh and bones like we have now?
waquinas, you need to remember that Christ's body was a Transfigured body. The Transfiguration happened before the Crucifixion.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Our spirit bodies are NOT like a ghosts they have substance we still will have nations and such just with Christ as our King of Kings. Remember when Jacob wrestled with God he was not wrestling with a ghost. The idea of some invisable ghostly spirit is a man made idea.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Spirit, spiritual beings, purely spirit beings, angels, beings which are both spirit and flesh. I think we need to differentiate. Jesus clearly says spirits have no bodies and that He, in His Resurrected state, still has a body of flesh and bones. Humans have bodies, flesh, blood and bones. Spirits have no bodies, no flesh or bones. God, the Father is a Spirit. Unless there is a change we do not know about after His Ascension, Jesus is now a Spirit and a Human, a Human with Flesh and Bones. Certainly no will argue the Holy Ghost is a Spirit. A pure spirit then has no body. As Jesus says;Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.He does not say see how my body is different, but see that it is ME, myself (a Man) with flesh and bones as opposed to a spirit (which has no body, no flesh, no bones implied). They thought he was a spirit, he re-assures them that he is not a spirit but that it is HIM by showing that He has flesh and bones. When Jesus became Man, God Incarnate (in the FLESH) His Spirit, God is joined with that of a Man. He was also recognized as being Male even when they did not recognize who He was.I do not think we need to digress into what are angels, but clearly Jesus says spirits have no flesh and bones. A pure spirit then has no body at all. If angels are purely spiritual beings as some of us hold they are, then they have no flesh or bones either, in fact no body at all to speak of. In that understanding of angels and all spiritual beings, they still have the power to take forms. Angels cannot actually "become" something, as God became Man. But spirits can "appear" to become something, probably anything they want including the appearance of a man. It does not follow that they are then human by simply appearing as a person. Do such appearances represent something real occuring?, as in they manipulate matter to form a body? Or is it simply a power they can exhert over our minds such that it seems very real to us? Or both? Am not sure how we could know that for sure. Equally unsure if there is a standard "form" for which an angel or maybe particular type of angel as there appear to be many different ones, uses in making appearances. Clearly some are seem by different people and described in similar sounding terms. But just as clearly we are told they can take forms (Satan as a serpent for example).These appearances can be very powerful and very real to us, as in the story of Jacob's wrestling match. Was Jacob's experience real or just seemed real to him? Am not sure we can answer that other than to say either way it happened, seemed very real to him. Am not sure it really matters which way we view it. Either way something happened to Jacob and God was giving Him a message/lesson which is passed on to us.Jesus makes it clear when He appears in Luke 24 this is more than just a spirit of a dead person making a visitation- which is what those in the room clearly thought. He tells and shows them that it is really Him with very real flesh and bones. We even all look at His Incarnation as someting very different from God's "appearing" in the OT. Now if the point Kriss and others are making here is that this flesh and bones, the "spirit body" are different than the body He had before death, I do not think we can argue otherwise. A glorified body sounds different than what we have now. Jesus did not appear/disappear, walk through walls or seemingly appear in multiple places at once as he does afterwards. As God am sure He was capable of doing those things before His death, but He did not. Had it been done so, we should think it a capability from His Divinity and not from His humanity of which is flesh is a part. As He is our example in this life and for what we can become (in His Resurrection), then I would think we have reason to believe that our new bodies would be different and perhaps have characteristics it does not have now. It does not follow that different, better or glorified body means no flesh. Clearly this flesh would be incorruptable, as would be necessary to be in God's presence. Standing in God's presence is something our present flesh and bones cannot do now. Jesus indicates it after His Ressurection that it is still HIM, in flesh and bones.Sorry Tom I have never looked at the Transfiguration as something occuring to Jesus's Body that extended beyond that event. Everything seems to return to normal before they walk back down the hill. When it occurs they could not even look at Him. There is nothing to suggest afterwards that anyone noticed anything different about Him or that people needed shades to look at Him. I do think as God, Jesus was capable of doing many things a normal human cannot do and for His Own Purpose He did not often do it (walk on water for example). I do not think however that those capabilities are grounds for saying His Body was not fully human, before or after death. There was a suggestion this flesh and bones dissolves away when we go to Heaven, yet there is nothing in the appearances of Jesus or in His Ascension that suggest He ever dissolved. Again, I repeat that the following verses would also be hard to comprehend if we have no bodies in Heaven. 1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.Phl 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Luk 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.At the very least one must ask how something with no body can be tossed body and soul into Hell.