Will There Be "Women" In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I will be absolutely honest with everyone here on this forum...I want absolutely nothing to do with God's heaven if it does not have women.So I hope He does, because if He doesn't, I'd rather not exist than live eternity like that.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Super Kal;56470)
I will be absolutely honest with everyone here on this forum...I want absolutely nothing to do with God's heaven if it does not have women.So I hope He does, because if He doesn't, I'd rather not exist than live eternity like that.
Wow! I think I will stick to my original comment.....I do not care what I am as long as I am with my Lord and Savior.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Super Kal;56470)
There will be women in Heaven. It's just that ALL souls are under one gender. (Gender Neutral)

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(setfree;56472)
Wow! I think I will stick to my original comment.....I do not care what I am as long as I am with my Lord and Savior.
don't get me wrong, I love God... but I cannot imagine Heaven without women. From what I've gone through in my life in how He's made me and what He's put on my heart, I would see that as a spit in my face.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Super Kal;56474)
don't get me wrong, I love God... but I cannot imagine Heaven without women. From what I've gone through in my life in how He's made me and what He's put on my heart, I would see that as a spit in my face.
Stop thinking flesh Kal:)You wont have the same hormones your love will be pure from the heart and returned the same it isnt physical love its pure love. What we experience as love in the flesh is a pale comparison.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
it's not the flesh that I look for, kriss... it's the mental and emotional connection that I look for

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Super Kal;56483)
it's not the flesh that I look for, kriss... it's the mental and emotional connection that I look for
Then you will be a happy camper Kal:)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(tomwebster;56445)
Of course we need to remember that Satan (an angel) was able to impregnate Eve in the garden, so Satan must have had some sign of gender. He also 'knew' Adam, both Adam and Eve partook of the same "fruit."The sons of God (angels) were also able to impregnate the daughters of men somehow.
You are correct Tom I edited my post as to not mislead anyone ..No prefered gender.. for reproduction purposes when we are all spirit.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Am having trouble seeing Jesus anything but a MAN before and after resurrection, and in every sense. He still had a body of flesh after death, human flesh. He ate and drank, touched and was touched. Mormons also teach a prior existence as spirits as well as a process of us evolving to something much more than human. I could not disagree more.Not given in marriage and no children does not mean parts of our bodies will serve no purpose.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;56550)
Am having trouble seeing Jesus anything but a MAN before and after resurrection, and in every sense. He still had a body of flesh after death, human flesh. He ate and drank, touched and was touched. Mormons also teach a prior existence as spirits as well as a process of us evolving to something much more than human. I could not disagree more.Not given in marriage and no children does not mean parts of our bodies will serve no purpose.
Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:Actually Christ can't be in His flesh since He died in His flesh at the death of the cross.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;56484)
Then you will be a happy camper Kal:)
I'm not saying that physical contact doesn't matter, though...but there's a lot more to it than just thatok, I'll shut up now

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
(thesuperjag;56553)
Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:Actually Christ can't be in His flesh since He died in His flesh at the death of the cross.
I would have trouble with any one stating the Jesus was ever "in His flesh" as Paul means that. Jesus was without sin. When Paul speaks of being in the flesh he specifically relates that to sinning, and the freedom from sin of our resurrected flesh. You cannot take "in the flesh" out of that context and claim Paul was talking about not having bodies. It is not the meat on our bones that is somehow "bad". Our restoration comes from making that meat glorified not "freeing" us from it as in releasing us from some restriction. The binds here are not binds holding us to sinful bodies, but a bondage to sinning. The idea is not "if only I could get out of this filthy meat sack everything would be perfect". The idea is a perfection of both the meat sack and the spirit that dwells there. It is the imperfection of our current state caused by sin that CANNOT enter Heaven. God made our parents, Adam and Eve with bodies and everything was originally PERFECT. They were in God's presence with FLESHY bodies. Adam lost that status for us all, the Man Jesus restores it for us all.God cannot toss a sinner "body and soul" into a fire if there is no body. The body of Jesus was gone, but it did not vaporize or get annihilated. In fact He appears with much the same body as before including the wounds.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;56581)
(thesuperjag;56553)
I would have trouble with any one stating the Jesus was ever "in His flesh" as Paul means that. Jesus was without sin. When Paul speaks of being in the flesh he specifically relates that to sinning, and the freedom from sin of our resurrected flesh. You cannot take "in the flesh" out of that context and claim Paul was talking about not having bodies. It is not the meat on our bones that is somehow "bad". Our restoration comes from making that meat glorified not "freeing" us from it as in releasing us from some restriction. The binds here are not binds holding us to sinful bodies, but a bondage to sinning. The idea is not "if only I could get out of this filthy meat sack everything would be perfect". The idea is a perfection of both the meat sack and the spirit that dwells there.It is the imperfection of our current state caused by sin that CANNOT enter Heaven. God made our parents, Adam and Eve with bodies and everything was originally PERFECT. They were in God's presence with FLESHY bodies. Adam lost that status for us all, the Man Jesus restores it for us all.God cannot toss a sinner "body and soul" into a fire if there is no body. The body of Jesus was gone, but it did not vaporize or get annihilated. In fact He appears with much the same body as before including the wounds.Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.II Corinthians 5:8 - We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.I Corinthians 15:44 -It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.Phl 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Luk 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;56614)
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.Phl 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.Luk 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
I just don't think you are getting it. Matthew 10:28, Matthew 27:52, Luke 24:39, Acts 2:31, I Thessalonians 5:23, Philippians 3:21 are all reffering to the spiritual body.Matthew 5:29-30 is speaking of something else... He isn't literally telling you to cast off the foot, or they eye. Sounds like a Body of Christ...Luke 3:6 refers to everybody.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;56624)
I get that this is what is taught here.
I Corinthians 15:50 - Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Lets look at the rest of this text.1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.The dead rose while Jesus was here as well and that sounds like real bodies to me.Are you saying the change into this spirit body, that is still a body, just a spirit one? So we then have a soul and a spirit body? Is that correct? I guess I do have a problem calling it a spirit body as long as we recognize a body has flesh and bones just as Jesus himself specifically said He still had.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;56636)
Lets look at the rest of this text.1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.The dead rose while Jesus was here as well and that sounds like real bodies to me.Are you saying the change into this spirit body, that is still a body, just a spirit one? So we then have a soul and a spirit body? Is that correct? I guess I do have a problem calling it a spirit body as long as we recognize a body has flesh and bones just as Jesus himself specifically said He still had.
Yea, we have 2 bodies. A flesh body and a spiritual body waiting to be released. The dead (literally) and the alive (literally) whether they are believers or nonbelievers... we all are going to be in our original body.