Willing to change Her mind!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Christianity is being criminalized in the United States. No, I am not talking about the kind of Christianity that is so prevalent in America today where “Christians” just ignore what the Bible says and do whatever they wanted to do in the first place anyway.

Rather, I am talking about the kind of faith that Kim Davis has demonstrated. Christians all over this country are being put into positions where they must choose to either submit to the “new morality” or potentially lose their jobs. For Kim Davis, deciding to take a stand meant that she was thrown into prison. The radical judge that threw her into prison has said that she will stay there until she is willing to change her mind. You have to understand she was not charged with anything >just thrown in Jail! She is not charged with anything >just thrown in Jail. Enjoy your new America.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Holding Ms. Davis in jail is just outrageous! You are absolutely right...America is becoming a dangerous place for Christians who dare to stand up for what they believe.
I, for one, am proud of Kim...but I am very ashamed of my country....

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Would you consider your country to be predominantly Christian or secular. If secular then these things will happen to believers just as Jesus foresaw.

"Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates Me hates My Father also." John 15:20-23

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Angelina said:
Would you consider your country to be predominantly Christian or secular. If secular then these things will happen to believers just as Jesus foresaw.

"Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates Me hates My Father also." John 15:20-23
When I was a kid, I was quite sure my country was a Christian country.
I have been assured that this is not so...whether it ever was or not doesn't really matter.
However, we are still 80% Christian....or at least 80% of us are claiming to be Christians.
If that is true, then I must be following something else besides Jesus....

Anyway, your point is well taken. Still, jailing this woman for standing up for what she believes is wrong.
Its
just
wrong.

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
This matter of arresting a store owner because they have a policy on what to provide for who, is the injustice of government dictating business policies. And the injustice of the Constitution that guarantees freedom of practicing religion. What would happen to the policies of businesses that do not serve under age customers drinks just because they can come into their store with cash in hand? Could the owner be put into jail because that person happens to be gay? Why would it matter whether the owner was or wasn't a Bible believing Christian?

This government is schizophrenic.. it's government policies guaranteeing the free practice of religion, yet arresting those who practice it in their businesses.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
SimpleFaith said:
This matter of arresting a store owner because they have a policy on what to provide for who, is the injustice of government dictating business policies. And the injustice of the Constitution that guarantees freedom of practicing religion. What would happen to the policies of businesses that do not serve under age customers drinks just because they can come into their store with cash in hand? Could the owner be put into jail because that person happens to be gay? Why would it matter whether the owner was or wasn't a Bible believing Christian?

This government is schizophrenic.. it's government policies guaranteeing the free practice of religion, yet arresting those who practice it in their businesses.
We've known that the government was schizophrenic since 1962, when they decided that our schools could no longer open the day with prayer, because one woman didn't want her child exposed to (gasp) other children praying....although Congress still opens every session with prayer.
What's good enough for our Congressmen is too good for their kids, I guess....