Wisdom Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father put it like this:

Mat 17:5 ....and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him. (Exodus 23:20-21)

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him. (Exodus 23:20-21)

Yes - so right!!

He sends The Angel of the Lord, the Holy Spirit. He does not speak on His own initiative but as He hears He speaks:

Jn 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

So the Spirit acts like a living telephone line to our Lord Jesus Christ who is the living Word of God.

So it is our to hear His words by faith, and if we do that there is the power of God, as needed. I have seen Him do hundreds of miracles to various degrees, but they all have come when I listen to Him. Yet honestly, it is weird! Since this thread is on Wisdom of God let me give a testimony which kind of goes with this thread.

The Lord asked me to help in some ministries at church. A couple were healing ministries. One day I was teamed up with a friend who the Lord had used to get me into those ministries. I had been involved for almost five years at that point, but he had been involved longer, so on this occasion my friend was leading. I was looking forward to working with my friend, because in all those years we had never been team together. Honestly, I was thinking the Lord would give some interesting words, but when we brought in the first person we were going to minister to the Lord only gave me one single word. When I asked the Lord what He wanted me to say or do, the Lord told me that He had only one word to give and it was "Wisdom".

Before we got going my friend asked me what the Lord had given me, and I told Him the Lord only gave me a single word. I figured the Lord might give me more as we got going, but He didn't. So we got going and after we anointed and prayed in the person we were ministering to,, my fried asked me to go first. I felt silly, because I only had that single word.

I explained this to the man we were ministering to - that I had only one word from the Lord and it was "Wisdom". It seemed so silly to me, but when I told the man the expression on his face suddenly changed and he started to cry. Indeed the man started weeping and weeping. Un prepared we suddenly were scrambling for some tissues for the man. It was just one word, "Wisdom" but the Holy Spirit had instantly come hard on the man. Some minutes later he slowly got his composure together. He started to apologize to us, and we stopped him explained that we had the Holy Spirit move on us like that before, so it's all ok. The man explained that before coming in, and indeed in his life, his prayer over and over was that he would get wisdom from God, so that single word had just wrecked him.

The point is that you just never know what is going to happen; you just have to listen and obey!!

Reactions: BroRando

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

I understand your plight more than you know... keep up the fine fight!!! Reinforcements are coming...:)

"Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. I was installed, From the start, from times earlier than the earth. I was brought forth, When there were no springs overflowing with water." (Proverbs 8:22-36)

These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God: (Revelation 3:14)

"Christ is the Wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 1:24)

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Christ is the Wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 1:24)

Yes - Christ is the Wisdom of God!!

So we can and need to listen to Him! And that is done by listening to His Holy Spirit and the words He has for us from our Lord.

If we do that we will: "understand a proverb and a figure, The words of the wise and their riddles."

So if we listen to Him and know that Christ is the Wisdom of God then what to we make of a verse like:

Prov 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,

Doesn't the above mean to know Jesus Christ (Wisdom), His instructions, and the sayings that come through the Holy Spirit, as Understanding?

And where it is written:

Prov 1:20 Wisdom shouts in the street, She lifts her voice in the square;

So Jesus Christ shouts in the street - but in the saying what's with the "She lifts her voice"? There is no "sex" in heaven - remember that angels are neither male or female and you will be like them. So being male or female in a heavenly sense has to do with bein in authority or under authority, and Jesus said He does and says only what the Father tells Him - that is to say Jesus Christ is perfectly under the authority of the Father, and we as the bride (a female?) of Christ need to be under His authority - meaning we need to listen to Wisdom (Jesus Christ) and hear His voice even while we walk in the square.

Again - we need to listen to Jesus Christ - period.