Wisdom Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. - Proverbs 1:6.

What is the dark saying of the wise. Paul put it like this:

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: - 1 Corinthians 2:4-7.

You cannot teach wisdom - wisdom of the wise is the person of Christ - "the mystery of Christ in you the hope of glory." We speak from a different standpoint than what we call the wise of the world, and even religious leaders (prince's of this world) if they do not see Christ' as all, then all of it is all for nothing.

Footnote: "them that are perfect" are the maturing the saints that is coming to understand Christ' in his fullness and completion for salvation and the understanding of knowledge.

We should notice the portion of scripture that says "our glory"

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. - Proverbs 1:6.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: - 1 Corinthians 2:4-7.

You cannot teach wisdom - wisdom of the wise is the person of Christ - "the mystery of Christ in you the hope of glory." We speak from a different standpoint than what we call the wise of the world, and even religious leaders (prince's of this world) if they do not see Christ' as all, then all of it is all for nothing.

Footnote: "them that are perfect" are the maturing the saints that is coming to understand Christ' in his fullness and completion for salvation and the understanding of knowledge.

Hi brother!
Yes, I did notice the "our glory"...never quite got that though. His wisdom is ALL I ask for, sure don't want to depend on my own anymore :eek: His wisdom guides us into proper choices, ours...? Or should I say mine were mostly wrong!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi brother!
Yes, I did notice the "our glory"...never quite got that though. His wisdom is ALL I ask for, sure don't want to depend on my own anymore :eek: His wisdom guides us into proper choices, ours...? Or should I say mine were mostly wrong!

Hello sister. And he has been made those things to us, we are still learning that. My understanding is 'our glory' is to understand the plan of God by Paul teaching that we were chosen in Christ' before the foundation of the world. That is the plan of God and the revelation of that plan to the believer for their understanding. When we look at Christ as life, the only life of a believer - that takes revelation. Paul said it like this 'when it pleased God to reveal his Son in me. The element of time is factored into what Paul says - when it pleased God- his timing. We can read about his timing in Galatians 4:1-2 as well. It says 'until the time appointed' there is some good stuff there.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello sister. And he has been made those things to us, we are still learning that. My understanding is 'our glory' is to understand the plan of God by Paul teaching that we were chosen in Christ' before the foundation of the world. That is the plan of God and the revelation of that plan to the believer for their understanding. When we look at Christ as life, the only life of a believer - that takes revelation. Paul said it like this 'when it pleased God to reveal his Son in me. The element of time is factored into what Paul says - when it pleased God- his timing. We can read about his timing in Galatians 4:1-2 as well. It says 'until the time appointed' there is some good stuff there.

Yes, just recently read Galatians. again. One of my fave books. Yes, hopefully we ALL are growing in our faith because, we sure will be needing it!

Christ in us!!! :)

Reactions: soul man

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interestingly I was lead to scripture yesterday being Matthew 11:19 where Jesus Christ refers to Wisdom being female which lines up with what Mary Magdalene's Gospel says about the spirit of Wisdom and in Genesis God made us in their image male and female. Thought you might find that interesting :)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ was referring to himself in (Matthew 11:19) has he is the the Builder of God's Temple. (Proverbs 9:1) and guess what? Wisdom hath builded her house; She hath hewn out her seven pillars:

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

There is a reason you have no understanding. (Daniel 12:10)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you confess that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior and the Son of Our Father in Heaven?

Sure do, but I'll take your none answer as a denial of Grace. Grace is actually speaking about Jesus Christ because without him nobody can be saved.

"for by Grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; (Ephesians 2:8)

Get those thick scales off your eyes and SEE...

Strong's Concordance
charis: grace, kindness
Original Word: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: charis
Phonetic Spelling: (khar'-ece)
Definition: grace, kindness
Usage: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ becomes wisdom to us:

1 Corinthians 1:30 and of Him ye -- ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption, Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”…

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure do, but I'll take your none answer as a denial of Grace. Grace is actually speaking about Jesus Christ because without him nobody can be saved.

"for by Grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; (Ephesians 2:8)

Get those thick scales off your eyes and SEE...

Strong's Concordance
charis: grace, kindness
Original Word: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: charis
Phonetic Spelling: (khar'-ece)
Definition: grace, kindness
Usage: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness.

******************************************************************************************************************

31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

God's grace is eternal for those who remain in Jesus Christ teachings! Maybe observe your fruits brother claiming I am one of those spoken of in Daniel 12:10 and claiming I am denying grace without myself even answering the question.

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if a person sins against Holy Spirit. Here are the words of Jesus Christ which many have rejected. Notice a person can sin against the Son of Man but not against Holy Spirit.

"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in that which is to come." (Matthew 12:32)

There goes the 3 in 1 theory... :)

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus Christ becomes wisdom to us:

1 Corinthians 1:30 and of Him ye -- ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption, Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”…

Yes his wisdom came from above full of grace, truth and life.

Reactions: MatthewG

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not if a person sins against Holy Spirit. Here are the words of Jesus Christ which many have rejected. Notice a person can sin against the Son of Man but not against Holy Spirit.

"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in that which is to come." (Matthew 12:32)

There goes the 3 in 1 theory... :)

• John 4:24 (KJV)
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    • John 6:63 (KJV)
      It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
    • John 14:6 (KJV)
      Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God the Father, Son and Spirit are One if you reject the Father and Son you reject the Spirit they are spirit but to blasphemy against the Spirit is to put yourself above God like satan did and try deceive his people, God's will is that he will lose none so everything the devils children do only hurts them selves :) that is why they and satan are depicted in revelation as going straight to hell as they wont repent.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ was referring to himself in (Matthew 11:19) has he is the the Builder of God's Temple. (Proverbs 9:1) and guess what? Wisdom hath builded her house; She hath hewn out her seven pillars:

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

There is a reason you have no understanding. (Daniel 12:10)
Who is the male and who is the female in God's Church? What is, or should be, their relationship to each other?

"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Mark 10:6-9

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the male and who is the female in God's Church? What is, or should be, their relationship to each other?

"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Mark 10:6-9

They become one in a spiritual sense not that they become the other person . "for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28) Even though the Body of Christ is made up both males and females they are spoken of as Christs' Bride in the feminine sense.

Feminine nouns point to creation and in the case of the Bride... (a New Creation) these are adopted as sons along with
Jesus Christ. One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls that were full of the seven last plagues came and said to me: “Come, and I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” (Revelation 21:9)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They become one in a spiritual sense not that they become the other person . "for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28) Even though the Body of Christ is made up both males and females they are spoken of as Christs' Bride in the feminine sense.

Feminine nouns point to creation and in the case of the Bride... (a New Creation) these are adopted as sons along with
Jesus Christ. One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls that were full of the seven last plagues came and said to me: “Come, and I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” (Revelation 21:9)
That is to be our goal, is it not, to a part of the Lamb's wife!

Reactions: BroRando

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HUMMMM - I kind of like the OP - some parts are good - like the verses - they are good. I also very much like "wisdom of the wise is the person of Christ" -- yet so much is like gobbledy goop.

If wisdom is the person of Christ, and Christ is the living Word of God, and the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own but as He hears He speaks, and since the Holy speaks words and those words are life to us, then it is not so hard to understand!! You simply ask our Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit speaks words of wisdom (words of our Lord Jesus Christ) to our spirit.

He speaks "WORDS" through His Holy Spirit to our spirit! So finding wisdom is simply seeking the Lord and listening to what He says!!!!

Can you teach that? Yeah - I just did. But if that is not clear as it should be, you just ask Jesus Christ a question and listen in your spirit for words that come from His Holy Spirit. It is easy to hear from Him, though it is often hard to believe it. It can also be rather difficult to figure out what He is up to, because His thoughts are not your thoughts. Still, He is Wisdom, so you just seek Him and listen! It is not hard, but maybe hard to believe, and the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit. So practice is important to make it easier to hear Him and to discern what is going on.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

Now what happens when you seek Him and listen?

You hear Him - that's what. So what is that stuff Paul said?

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:"

Paul was not preaching man's words - since Paul was also saying to seek the Lord and listen to Him. So then Paul was preaching the Spirit and giving a demonstration of the Spirit - That demonstration is the words the Holy Spirit was saying to him. That was not different from what king Solomon was doing when he wrote Proverbs!!!

So "To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. - Proverbs 1:6. - was a demonstration of the Spirit!!!!

Yet someone is probably wondering where the power of the Spirit was with king Solomon?

Did not king Solomon become a great and powerful king, thanks to the wisdom God gave him? So the words God give you have power in many ways. --- And you are not going to understand until you have spent time listening to Him. He might just a bit of wisdom like:

Prov 2: 1-5 My son, if you will receive my words And treasure my commandments within you, Make your ear attentive to wisdom,
Incline your heart to understanding; For if you cry for discernment,
[fn]Lift your voice for understanding; If you seek her as silver
And search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will discern the fear of the LORD
And discover the knowledge of God.

So seeking wisdom will give you the power to "discover the knowledge of God"

That is the power you are looking for - the power to discover the knowledge of God!!!!!

He is interesting to know. He has told me so many things. Everyday called "Today" He talks to me and tells me things, so I have come to know Him personally. We talk. Can I teach that? Again, I just did - so it's come complicated, but who will seek Him and listen to Him, really listen to Him.

I can teach you things He told me, things like:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

Or I can relate a parable He gave me, like:
The Mountian of God:

Once upon a time there was an ant carrying a big load on his shoulders. He was looking up at the very large hill in which he was going to climb with his big load. At the same time there was a little boy looking down on that very same small ant hill and the little boy decide to just jump right on top of it for fun.

What is your view of heaven?

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Or perhaps a testimony - He had me spend five years in a Christians healing ministry where I would seek words from the Lord and do what He told me, and He would often do miracles while I just listened and did what I heard.

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.

So I could give you hundreds of testimonies, but they all happened by listening to the words He was speaking though His Spirit to my spirit and Him then confirming the words He was saying by the signs that He personally worked to confirm what He was saying - but I will tell you I could never really know what He was up to even while I was listening and following His instructions. Still power was there according to His desire and purpose. So again He is Wisdom, and we just need to seek Him and listen. - Is that what the OP was saying??

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUMMMM - I kind of like the OP - some parts are good - like the verses - they are good. I also very much like "wisdom of the wise is the person of Christ" -- yet so much is like gobbledy goop.

If wisdom is the person of Christ, and Christ is the living Word of God, and the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own but as He hears He speaks, and since the Holy speaks words and those words are life to us, then it is not so hard to understand!! You simply ask our Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit speaks words of wisdom (words of our Lord Jesus Christ) to our spirit.

He speaks "WORDS" through His Holy Spirit to our spirit! So finding wisdom is simply seeking the Lord and listening to what He says!!!!

Can you teach that? Yeah - I just did. But if that is not clear as it should be, you just ask Jesus Christ a question and listen in your spirit for words that come from His Holy Spirit. It is easy to hear from Him, though it is often hard to believe it. It can also be rather difficult to figure out what He is up to, because His thoughts are not your thoughts. Still, He is Wisdom, so you just seek Him and listen! It is not hard, but maybe hard to believe, and the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit. So practice is important to make it easier to hear Him and to discern what is going on.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

Now what happens when you seek Him and listen?

You hear Him - that's what. So what is that stuff Paul said?

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:"

Paul was not preaching man's words - since Paul was also saying to seek the Lord and listen to Him. So then Paul was preaching the Spirit and giving a demonstration of the Spirit - That demonstration is the words the Holy Spirit was saying to him. That was not different from what king Solomon was doing when he wrote Proverbs!!!

So "To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. - Proverbs 1:6. - was a demonstration of the Spirit!!!!

Yet someone is probably wondering where the power of the Spirit was with king Solomon?

Did not king Solomon become a great and powerful king, thanks to the wisdom God gave him? So the words God give you have power in many ways. --- And you are not going to understand until you have spent time listening to Him. He might just a bit of wisdom like:

Prov 2: 1-5 My son, if you will receive my words And treasure my commandments within you, Make your ear attentive to wisdom,
Incline your heart to understanding; For if you cry for discernment,
[fn]Lift your voice for understanding; If you seek her as silver
And search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will discern the fear of the LORD
And discover the knowledge of God.

So seeking wisdom will give you the power to "discover the knowledge of God"

That is the power you are looking for - the power to discover the knowledge of God!!!!!

He is interesting to know. He has told me so many things. Everyday called "Today" He talks to me and tells me things, so I have come to know Him personally. We talk. Can I teach that? Again, I just did - so it's come complicated, but who will seek Him and listen to Him, really listen to Him.

I can teach you things He told me, things like:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

Or I can relate a parable He gave me, like:
The Mountian of God:

Once upon a time there was an ant carrying a big load on his shoulders. He was looking up at the very large hill in which he was going to climb with his big load. At the same time there was a little boy looking down on that very same small ant hill and the little boy decide to just jump right on top of it for fun.

What is your view of heaven?

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Or perhaps a testimony - He had me spend five years in a Christians healing ministry where I would seek words from the Lord and do what He told me, and He would often do miracles while I just listened and did what I heard.

Mark 16:20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.

So I could give you hundreds of testimonies, but they all happened by listening to the words He was speaking though His Spirit to my spirit and Him then confirming the words He was saying by the signs that He personally worked to confirm what He was saying - but I will tell you I could never really know what He was up to even while I was listening and following His instructions. Still power was there according to His desire and purpose. So again He is Wisdom, and we just need to seek Him and listen. - Is that what the OP was saying??

Case in point

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Case in point

The point is that all the verses in the OP just mean we need to listen to Him!!!!!!!!

The Father put it like this:

Mat 17:5 ....and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

The 'demonstration of the Spirit' is done when you "listen to Him" and do what He say1
The power comes as needed to back up you hear as needed, when you just "listen to Him" and do what He says.
So your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but from listening to our Lord the power of God comes as needed.
And you counted as being perfect when you do what the Lord tells you to do when you listen to Him, not by leaning on your understanding or the understanding of men.
So when we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, it just means we listen to Him who God ordained before the world - Jesus Christ, via the Holy Spirit.

His sheep do hear His voice and can tell you what they have heard. He told me that He wanted me to post, last night, and again this morning, and what He wants is that people should turn to Him (not men) and listen to Him!! That is what king Salomon was telling us when he wrote. - "To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

It's simple: if you indeed fear the Lord our God Jesus Christ, you listen to His wisdom and instructions, but if you don't want to listen to Him then you turn to men and their understanding.

So it is that if you listen to Him you get instructions, and the work of God is that all should come to know the Son - which again simply means that you listen to Him with your faith that He is there to speak to your spirit via His Holy Spirit - who does not speak on His own initiative but the Spirit brings you the Words of God which come from the Son and thus says things from the Son like:

WILL YOU HANG ON EVERY WORD THAT GOD SAYS? … I DID!

Reactions: BroRando