• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe in Jesus Christ to be saved and thus all people will trust in Christ Jesus and go to Heaven.

ISAIAH 26:9 When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

I was speaking to a person today and he mentioned “three wise men” when making reference to a place he had went to. The three wise men, though there could have been more wise people in general coming to offer gifts, travelled to where the Messiah (Jesus Christ) and accepted Him as their saviour. They most likely looked at the Prophecy of Daniel and were inspired to seek Christ Jesus.

Matthew 2:11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

These men were considered wise because they were believers in Christ. And to believe in Christ is to have faith alone in Him, which is why they bowed down and worshipped Him, they trusted Him. The treasures they presented were not to be saved, but rather a result of their salvation. The fruits of the Holy Spirit within them, that wraps all believers and seals them to the day of redemption.

Psalm 86:9 All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, 0 Lord; they will bring glory to your name.

The truth is that everyone will become a believer in Jesus Christ with faith alone, just like these wise men! In fact, everyone will also be worshipped Christ Jesus and bowing down to Him because of this faith, because they were saved, out of thankfulness, gratitude and love.

And the wise men followed the Star of Bethlehem, which is called His Star which is how they found Christ Jesus.

Matthew 2:2 saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”

The truth is that everyone will worship the one who was born King of the Jews, which is Jesus, because everyone will believe in Christ with faith alone and be saved, that is guaranteed.

Rev. 15:4 "ALL nations shall come and worship You, for your judgments have been made manifested."

Everyone will come to worship Christ. Not just the wise men from one particular nation, all the wise people everywhere, because every one will be made wise by understanding this truth. To be saved, you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. And thus everyone will believe in Christ Jesus with faith alone and be saved.

Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

What is winning souls? It’s soulwinning, evangelism, telling people the good news of Christ. And the good news of Christ through Christian Universalism, which is the truth, is truly wise! This is true. Everyone will go to Heaven because Christ will save everyone and make everyone become a believer in Him!

Psalm 66:3, 4 "Through the greatness of your power your enemies shall submit themselves to you. ALL the earth shall worship You and sing praises to you." [Submission meaning having faith alone in Jesus Christ to be saved. We were all enemies of Christ at one point in our lives! And we will all be washed of our sins by faith alone in Him.]

The important part about soulwinning is to tell people the Gospel, how to be saved, which is to believe in Christ Jesus with faith alone. The sooner people are saved by Jesus, the less suffering they will experience. That’s my motivation for saving people through Christ. The longer people go on without the truth, the more suffering they experience.

Psalm 22:27, 29 "ALL the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and ALL the families of the nations shall worship before You. ALL those who go down to the dust (death) shall bow before You."

I remember when I used to believe in Eternal Conscious Torment and then subsequently Annihilationism in the past. These false doctrines brought me no lasting comfort. I would worry about my family members and other friends, even though I was already saved, what these peoples fate would be. That’s the torture of the ECT and Conditional Immortality false doctrines. But the truth of Universal Reconciliation through Christ Jesus tells us the truth! That everyone will be saved by Jesus Christ this is true! Everyone will become wise! And that is true wisdom.

Psalm 86:9 "ALL nations whom God has made will come and worship before Him"

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These men were considered wise because they were believers in Christ. And to believe in Christ is to have faith alone in Him, which is why they bowed down and worshipped Him, they trusted Him. The treasures they presented were not to be saved, but rather a result of their salvation. The fruits of the Holy Spirit within them, that wraps all believers and seals them to the day of redemption.
Englis call them wise men, but the original word is Magi where we get our word magician from. these were astronomers most likely from Persia who with the ancinet prophecies of Daniel preserved and their astronomy and astrology skills knew of a birth of a special king. It is just that simple.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was speaking to a person today and he mentioned “three wise men” when making reference to a place he had went to. The three wise men, though there could have been more wise people in general coming to offer gifts, travelled to where the Messiah (Jesus Christ) and accepted Him as their saviour. They most likely looked at the Prophecy of Daniel and were inspired to seek Christ Jesus.
I can't find a single reference to any of that in the Bible.....the "magi" (from where we get the word "magician") were Babylonian astrologers and nowhere in the gospels does it mention that there were three of them. The Babylonians worshipped many gods but the scriptures do not say that they came to "worship" Jesus at all. They had three gifts to present to a new born king, not to another god....it was apparently their custom.

The star that they saw in the east, they identified as "his star" which identified them as astrologers. That star guided them from Babylon to Jerusalem....not to Bethlehem. Upon their arrival they inquired where the new King was to be found, and when Herod got wind of it, it set in motion terrible events that resulted in the deaths of all the infants 2 years of age and under. No one was going to supplant his own sons in the family dynasty.
Herod tried to locate the child by finding out the time and place of the child's birth. He told the magi to locate the child and report back to him feigning a desire to honor the new king himself.....but interestingly the star that had led them straight to Herod, now led them to Jesus ...in fact it stopped above the very house where he was now living with his parents. They never were at the stable....and the star was not sent by God but by satan in order to have the Messiah killed before he even had time to grow up.

No story in the Bible has been more thoroughly corrupted by Christendom than this one.

Nothing could be further from the truth....They were not believers and no scripture says so. The were Babylonian "wise men" wise in the ways of false worship...their identification was..."the name given by the Babylonians (Chaldeans), Medes, Persians, and others, to the wise men, teachers, priests, physicians, astrologers, seers, interpreters of dreams, augers, soothsayers, sorcerers etc."

They were practicers of everything that God condemned. (Deut 18:9-12) But there was no malice in their intent as satan had used them as unwitting dupes.....therefore God warned them in a dream not to return to Herod. In a fit of rage, realizing that they were not coming back, Herod ordered the murder of all those babies.
Everyone will come to worship Christ. Not just the wise men from one particular nation, all the wise people everywhere, because every one will be made wise by understanding this truth. To be saved, you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. And thus everyone will believe in Christ Jesus with faith alone and be saved.
This is not the Bible's message.....if that was the case then there was no point in allowing the devil to rule the world for the last 6,000 years.
God could have just saved us all and no one would have had reason to endure all the tragedy and suffering of this life.
Universal salvation makes a mockery of the Bible's entire narrative. Why this life? What was the point of handing over world rulership to the devil? (Luke 4:5-8; 1 John 4:8)
I remember when I used to believe in Eternal Conscious Torment and then subsequently Annihilationism in the past. These false doctrines brought me no lasting comfort. I would worry about my family members and other friends, even though I was already saved, what these peoples fate would be. That’s the torture of the ECT and Conditional Immortality false doctrines. But the truth of Universal Reconciliation through Christ Jesus tells us the truth! That everyone will be saved by Jesus Christ this is true! Everyone will become wise! And that is true wisdom.
Psalm 86:9 "ALL nations whom God has made will come and worship before Him"
Your beliefs make no sense...if everyone is saved then why worry about anyone? "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we are saved!"???
What is the point of following Christ and spouting the Bible if all you can see is that in the end, everyone is saved?
What are you saved from?

The Bible only has two choices...everlasting life or everlasting death...we choose one or the other by how we live this life.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find a single reference to any of that in the Bible.....the "magi" (from where we get the word "magician") were Babylonian astrologers and nowhere in the gospels does it mention that there were three of them. The Babylonians worshipped many gods but the scriptures do not say that they came to "worship" Jesus at all. They had three gifts to present to a new born king, not to another god....it was apparently their custom.
Wrong! They would not have undertaken a 3+ year journey just to give gifts to a newborn king. And yes a caravan only did about 20 miles per day in those days and they had to travel a minimum 1400 miles to get there. No, it was not the custom of the Persians to visit new kings. It does not mention their number. that simply could be from oral tradition passed down. but that is insignificant.
he star that they saw in the east, they identified as "his star" which identified them as astrologers. That star guided them from Babylon to Jerusalem....not to Bethlehem. Upon their arrival they inquired where the new King was to be found, and when Herod got wind of it, it set in motion terrible events that resulted in the deaths of all the infants 2 years of age and under. No one was going to supplant his own sons in the family dynasty.
Herod tried to locate the child by finding out the time and place of the child's birth. He told the magi to locate the child and report back to him feigning a desire to honor the new king himself.....but interestingly the star that had led them straight to Herod, now led them to Jesus ...in fact it stopped above the very house where he was now living with his parents. They never were at the stable....and the star was not sent by God but by satan in order to have the Messiah killed before he even had time to grow up.

No story in the Bible has been more thoroughly corrupted by Christendom than this one.

They followed a star which was not a star. The nearest star after our sun is over 18,000,000,000,000 miles away! 6 light years. Stars do not travel north and south as this "star did" and stars do not settle over a "place" if a "star" got close enough to pinpoint a particular house, the earth would have been burnt to ashes long before.

So this was not a "star" in the normal sense of a heavenly body shining. I t MAY (repeat) may have been the shekinah glory of God.

And yes Jesus was born in a stable and laid in a feed trough (manger), but when the maji arrived Jesus was at least three years old, that is based on teh words Scripture uses that differentiate him as a new born (birth) and young child when the maji came.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wrong! They would not have undertaken a 3+ year journey just to give gifts to a newborn king. And yes a caravan only did about 20 miles per day in those days and they had to travel a minimum 1400 miles to get there. No, it was not the custom of the Persians to visit new kings. It does not mention their number. that simply could be from oral tradition passed down. but that is insignificant.
Everything about the “Christmas” story is from “oral tradition” passed down by an apostate church. (Matt 15:7-9)
Jews did not celebrate birthdays which is why you will not find a single mention of a birthday of any worshippers of Jehovah.
Birthdays were a big deal to astrologers however because a birthdate allowed them to cast horoscopes. Astrology was condemned in God’s law. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

The date of Christ’s birth is not recorded and hence Jesus did not celebrate his own birthday. There is no command for us to do that. The date of his death however is recorded, but again the event was hijacked by paganism. A little research is all it takes to see where Christendom’s pet celebrations come from.
They followed a star which was not a star. The nearest star after our sun is over 18,000,000,000,000 miles away! 6 light years. Stars do not travel north and south as this "star did" and stars do not settle over a "place" if a "star" got close enough to pinpoint a particular house, the earth would have been burnt to ashes long before.
To these “wise men” “his star” was what they followed. It was no ordinary star that is for sure....but if it had been from God as you suggest, then why did it lead them first to Herod, and only after unsettling this jealous king to murderous anger, did the star guide then guide them straight to the very house where Jesus was living?
Your version of the story has big holes in it....and no logic.
So this was not a "star" in the normal sense of a heavenly body shining. I t MAY (repeat) may have been the shekinah glory of God.
Nonsense! God had revealed the birth of his son to Jewish shepherds who went straight to Bethlehem to see for themselves, and found him in the stable in a manger as the angels had said. The heavenly host had announced the event with great glory. There is no way that God would reveal the birth of his son to pagan practicers of everything that he condemned....satan did that....he sent the star in an attempt to kill the child before he even had a chance to grow up. How is that not obvious?

Like I said....no story in the Bible has been as thoroughly corrupted by Christendom, as this one. You are giving glory to satan and you can’t even see it. Your pagan Christmas trees adorned with the very thing that satan used to have Jesus killed. His birth date celebrated when it is not recorded in scripture, but borrowed from paganism again.
And yes Jesus was born in a stable and laid in a feed trough (manger), but when the maji arrived Jesus was at least three years old, that is based on teh words Scripture uses that differentiate him as a new born (birth) and young child when the maji came.
Yes, that is correct, but judging by Herod’s response, all the infants two years of age and under were killed.
Where do you get "three"? Same place as the “three wise men” I guess...?

Last edited:

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Englis call them wise men, but the original word is Magi where we get our word magician from. these were astronomers most likely from Persia who with the ancinet prophecies of Daniel preserved and their astronomy and astrology skills knew of a birth of a special king. It is just that simple.
I just want to make an observation here and not participate in this conversation per se, but years ago before we had a lot of access to knowledge the way we do today, what you said would have been considered something known by only an inside few (e.g. Daniel taught the Magi and that was passed on in the generations). There were a only limited number of books and teachers that one could find this sort of stuff; but as recently as 40 years ago at best you'd get a strange look in church for saying something like this. At worst maybe called a heretic. Now I see information like this quite readily available to Christians who want to know it. In that sense, I am happy for what I am seeing such as your comment here. It brings a more knowledgeable discourse instead of believing what one is told (or else lol). I guess ol' Daniel was right that knowledge would increase.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just want to make an observation here and not participate in this conversation per se, but years ago before we had a lot of access to knowledge the way we do today, what you said would have been considered something known by only an inside few (e.g. Daniel taught the Magi and that was passed on in the generations). There were a only limited number of books and teachers that one could find this sort of stuff; but as recently as 40 years ago at best you'd get a strange look in church for saying something like this. At worst maybe called a heretic. Now I see information like this quite readily available to Christians who want to know it. In that sense, I am happy for what I am seeing such as your comment here. It brings a more knowledgeable discourse instead of believing what one is told (or else lol). I guess ol' Daniel was right that knowledge would increase.
Looking at the attitude that the "wise men" of the conquered city of Babylon had towards Daniel, it seems to me that Daniel was somewhat of a thorn in their side because he believed in the one God of the Jews whereas the Babylonians had multiple gods. He only gained the favor of Nebuchadnezzar because of his interpretation of the divinely inspired dreams he was having. This made the other "wise men" both angry and jealous.

After the fall of Babylon, in the reign of Darius the Mede, Daniel was one of the three high officials appointed over the 120 satraps who were to rule the kingdom. Excelling greatly in governmental service because of divine favor, Daniel was about to be elevated over all the kingdom when envy and jealousy again caused the other officials to scheme against him. The law that they induced the king to enact would have to be in connection with Daniel’s worship of God, as they could find no fault with him otherwise. The king acted reluctantly to carry out the law, which, according to custom, could not be changed, but he did cast Daniel into the pit of the lions. For Daniel’s firm integrity and faith, Jehovah sent His angel to deliver him from the lions’ mouths. Darius then executed justice on the conspirators, having them destroyed by the same lions. (Daniel ch 6)

Daniel may not have lived much beyond the third year of Cyrus. If he was a teenager at the time of being brought to Babylon in 617 B.C.E., he would be almost 100 years old when he received that vision recorded in chapters 10-12. The angel’s statement to Daniel, “As for you yourself, go toward the end; and you will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days,” seems to imply that his life was nearing its close, with assurance of a resurrection for him. (Daniel 12:13)

That being the case, I do not believe that the Persians were ever really familiar with the teachings in Daniel's prophesies, though they may have heard of him in legend. The fact that the region was conquered by foreign powers with foreign deities and practices that were still in evidence in Jesus' day, shows that the magi were not coming to worship a god, but to honor a new "King of the Jews". (Deut 18:9-12)
"Magi" is where we get the word "magic"....something that was forbidden in God's law.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything about the “Christmas” story is from “oral tradition” passed down by an apostate church. (Matt 15:7-9)
Jews did not celebrate birthdays which is why you will not find a single mention of a birthday of any worshippers of Jehovah.
Birthdays were a big deal to astrologers however because a birthdate allowed them to cast horoscopes. Astrology was condemned in God’s law. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

The date of Christ’s birth is not recorded and hence Jesus did not celebrate his own birthday. There is no command for us to do that. The date of his death however is recorded, but again the event was hijacked by paganism. A little research is all it takes to see where Christendom’s pet celebrations come from.
Jews did celebrate birthdays. Not by ordinance however.

And no not all things of the Christmas story is passed down from oral tradition. Much is taken from the Scriptures, though many peg things at the wrong time.

JOb celebrated his childrens birhthdays.

there is no command to celebrate His birthday, nor is there a command to not celebrate it either. so according to the principle laid down in Rom. 14, it is for each to do or not do according to their own conscience before god.

Well if you have doen all this research, why don't you put some facts to your allegations.
To these “wise men” “his star” was what they followed. It was no ordinary star that is for sure....but if it had been from God as you suggest, then why did it lead them first to Herod, and only after unsettling this jealous king to murderous anger, did the star guide then guide them straight to the very house where Jesus was living?
Your version of the story has big holes in it....and no logic.
Why to Herod? to fulfill prophecy. Just because it is an ugly prophecy- it still is God inspired.

Okay uyopu have made an allegation my7 story has holes, so show where these holes are.

I could care less about if it is logical, I only care if it is biblical-whether or not it makes sense to certain groups of people or not.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jews did celebrate birthdays. Not by ordinance however.
All through their history the apostate Jews adopted various ideas from paganism, just like the apostate Christians did in the fourth century, grafting pagan beliefs over Christian scripture, substituting man-made traditions and doctrines for truth. (Matt 15:7-9) Read the history of Israel and see why God abandoned them after he had fulfilled his covenant with them. They broke their agreement, but God was faithful to his. (Matthew 23:37-39)
Add to that is the fact that NO birthdates for God's servants are ever recorded in scripture. The Israelites were warned NOT to adopt the ways of the Canaanites before they entered the Promised land. The Babylonians were also practicers of what God condemned....notably astrology and the foretelling of the future. (Deut 18:9-12)
And no not all things of the Christmas story is passed down from oral tradition. Much is taken from the Scriptures, though many peg things at the wrong time.
There is no "Christmas" in scripture. Jesus was a Jew and his birthdate is not recorded so why choose 25th December? The pagans already held their festival to Mithra on 25th December and all the traditions that go with Christmas are a collaboration of Roman and Norse paganism and mythology. Do some research and find out where all that came from...including the "Christmas tree" with that big shiny star on top....the one that led the magi to Herod and caused the deaths of all those innocent babies...

The prophesy you mentioned is in Matt 2:17-18 where "Rachel is weeping for her children" was fulfilled when Herod directed the killing of all male children two years of age and younger in and around Bethlehem. (Jer 31:15) The prophecy says further: “‘Hold back your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for there exists a reward for your activity,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and they will certainly return from the land of the enemy.’” (Jer 31:16) Only by being raised from the dead could those slaughtered infants return from Sheol, to the comfort of the mothers who lost them in death.
JOb celebrated his childrens birhthdays.
It does not state that....people who do not know that birthdays were not celebrated by God's worshippers in Bible times, (except by pagans) might assume....but assumptions are not facts.

The Jewish Tanakh translates that verse....
"Now his sons would go and make a feast in each one's house on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them."
CSB..."His sons used to take turns having banquets at their homes"'....
CJB...."It was the custom of his sons to give banquets, each on his set day in his own house"...
CEV..."Job's sons took turns having feasts in their homes"....
EHV..."His sons would regularly arrange feasts, each one in his own house on his assigned day"...
NABRE..."His sons used to take turns giving feasts"....

There are no birthdays mentioned.......I ask you to find me one"....
there is no command to celebrate His birthday, nor is there a command to not celebrate it either. so according to the principle laid down in Rom. 14, it is for each to do or not do according to their own conscience before god.

Well if you have doen all this research, why don't you put some facts to your allegations.
I have already many times...
God's worshippers were told NOT to adopt pagan practices, especially those involving beliefs that were condemned in his word...
2 Cor 6:14-18...
"Don’t be teamed with those who do not love the Lord, for what do the people of God have in common with the people of sin? How can light live with darkness? 15 And what harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn’t believe? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For you are God’s temple, the home of the living God, and God has said of you, “I will live in them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people.” 17 That is why the Lord has said, “Leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you 18 and be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters.” (NLT)
Why to Herod? to fulfill prophecy. Just because it is an ugly prophecy- it still is God inspired.
No, the prophesy of the deaths of all those infants wasn't God inspired.....it was foretold. Big difference.....God has foreknowledge and what God foretells is not what he causes, but what he foresees others doing. God did not send the magi.
Okay uyopu have made an allegation my7 story has holes, so show where these holes are.
The holes are obvious to those who are not trying so hard to justify what God condemns. We have spoken about them before.....you don't want to listen.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All through their history the apostate Jews adopted various ideas from paganism, just like the apostate Christians did in the fourth century, grafting pagan beliefs over Christian scripture, substituting man-made traditions and doctrines for truth. (Matt 15:7-9) Read the history of Israel and see why God abandoned them after he had fulfilled his covenant with them. They broke their agreement, but God was faithful to his. (Matthew 23:37-39)
Add to that is the fact that NO birthdates for God's servants are ever recorded in scripture. The Israelites were warned NOT to adopt the ways of the Canaanites before they entered the Promised land. The Babylonians were also practicers of what God condemned....notably astrology and the foretelling of the future. (Deut 18:9-12)

There is no "Christmas" in scripture. Jesus was a Jew and his birthdate is not recorded so why choose 25th December? The pagans already held their festival to Mithra on 25th December and all the traditions that go with Christmas are a collaboration of Roman and Norse paganism and mythology. Do some research and find out where all that came from...including the "Christmas tree" with that big shiny star on top....the one that led the magi to Herod and caused the deaths of all those innocent babies...

The prophesy you mentioned is in Matt 2:17-18 where "Rachel is weeping for her children" was fulfilled when Herod directed the killing of all male children two years of age and younger in and around Bethlehem. (Jer 31:15) The prophecy says further: “‘Hold back your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for there exists a reward for your activity,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and they will certainly return from the land of the enemy.’” (Jer 31:16) Only by being raised from the dead could those slaughtered infants return from Sheol, to the comfort of the mothers who lost them in death.

It does not state that....people who do not know that birthdays were not celebrated by God's worshippers in Bible times, (except by pagans) might assume....but assumptions are not facts.

The Jewish Tanakh translates that verse....
"Now his sons would go and make a feast in each one's house on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them."
CSB..."His sons used to take turns having banquets at their homes"'....
CJB...."It was the custom of his sons to give banquets, each on his set day in his own house"...
CEV..."Job's sons took turns having feasts in their homes"....
EHV..."His sons would regularly arrange feasts, each one in his own house on his assigned day"...
NABRE..."His sons used to take turns giving feasts"....

There are no birthdays mentioned.......I ask you to find me one"....

I have already many times...
God's worshippers were told NOT to adopt pagan practices, especially those involving beliefs that were condemned in his word...
"Don’t be teamed with those who do not love the Lord, for what do the people of God have in common with the people of sin? How can light live with darkness? 15 And what harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn’t believe? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For you are God’s temple, the home of the living God, and God has said of you, “I will live in them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people.” 17 That is why the Lord has said, “Leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you 18 and be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters.” (NLT)

No, the prophesy of the deaths of all those infants wasn't God inspired.....it was foretold. Big difference.....God has foreknowledge and what God foretells is not what he causes, but what he foresees others doing. God did not send the magi.

The holes are obvious to those who are not trying so hard to justify what God condemns. We have spoken about them before.....you don't want to listen.
And none of this is the actual evidence I asked for to prove your allegations! Just a restating of the allegations with some new twists added.

NOw prove also that Satan inspired the death of the Bethlehem infants centuries earlier and remembered to di it through Herod!

It is easy just to vomit out all sorts of allegations and accusations, but now show biblical proof that all this is evil.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And none of this is the actual evidence I asked for to prove your allegations! Just a restating of the allegations with some new twists added.
Research is very simple...look them up for yourself.....try Googling “the pagan origins of Christmas or Easter” it’s all there.
NOw prove also that Satan inspired the death of the Bethlehem infants centuries earlier and remembered to di it through Herod!
Seriously.......Who but satan could inspire the deaths of innocent infants just to preserve his own family dynasty? God does not cause the death of the innocent, but he does not intervene in the activities of the wicked either. He has handed world rulership over to his enemy to prove his case, so any intervention would be aiding and abetting his enemy. God will only intervene if his purpose is threatened, (such as the floods of Noah’s day) where demonic activities interfered drastically with the human race and took them to levels of wickedness way too early. The flood was a reset, getting things back on track.

God did not bring the magi to Jerusalem because they were worshippers of false gods. He revealed the birth of his son to Jewish shepherds. If God had sent the “star”, he would have led them directly to the child, as we see that happened after they left Herod. It led them to the very house where Jesus was living.
It is easy just to vomit out all sorts of allegations and accusations, but now show biblical proof that all this is evil.
The biblical proof has already been provided but you can’t see it....or don’t want to.

There it is in the Bible...in plain English....don’t adopt false religious practices from the pagans....”leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their (spiritually) filthy things”......Christendom not only touches them...but embraces them, because they love them....meaning that the Father will not accept those who violate his commands as his spiritual children.

What more do you need...?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously.......Who but satan could inspire the deaths of innocent infants just to preserve his own family dynasty? God does not cause the death of the innocent, but he does not intervene in the activities of the wicked either. He has handed world rulership over to his enemy to prove his case, so any intervention would be aiding and abetting his enemy. God will only intervene if his purpose is threatened, (such as the floods of Noah’s day) where demonic activities interfered drastically with the human race and took them to levels of wickedness way too early. The flood was a reset, getting things back on track.

God did not bring the magi to Jerusalem because they were worshippers of false gods. He revealed the birth of his son to Jewish shepherds. If God had sent the “star”, he would have led them directly to the child, as we see that happened after they left Herod. It led them to the very house where Jesus was living.
You are just thinking as man thinks and not as God!

Now you are limiting God on what He can and cannot do. YOu want to leash god according to your standards.

God orderd the slaughter of all people in towns and villages that Israel attacked! You saying that was Satan in disguise?
There it is in the Bible...in plain English....don’t adopt false religious practices from the pagans....”leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their (spiritually) filthy things”......Christendom not only touches them...but embraces them, because they love them....meaning that the Father will not accept those who violate his commands as his spiritual children.

What more do you need...?
So biblically expalin how celebrating teh birth of the Savior with trimmings is yoking oneself to evil?

show me in the bible where fir trees in a home are inherently evil.

Or giving gifts inhonor of Jesus is evil?

Or setting aside a day to celebrate the birth of the Savior is evil?

I know of no one who worships the tree, or Saturnalia or Bacchus or engages in any practices to honor false gods. If they do they are wrong!

YOu are judging from the outside, God judges the heart! It is not the externals that defile a person, but their thoughts and intents of what they do that will defile a person.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are just thinking as man thinks and not as God!

Now you are limiting God on what He can and cannot do. YOu want to leash god according to your standards.
God clearly states his own standards....it is man who strays from them....and leads others into error....the apostate Jew were a clear example of that.
God orderd the slaughter of all people in towns and villages that Israel attacked! You saying that was Satan in disguise?
Wow.....I hope you understand that God has the right to give life or to take it.....what God does is certainly not on the same level as what flawed humanity do.

Satan was behind the magi coming to Jerusalem and stirring up the jealousy of a wicked king which resulted in the deaths of innocent Jewish children....Herod had no need to kill non-Jewish children because they posed no threat to him. Would God knowingly take the lives of innocent babies whilst preserving the lives of their parents....show me one biblical example. Children died along with their wicked parents.....presumably because wicked parents will more often than not produce wicked children. No one is born wicked.....that is a choice made by any human who ends up committing crimes such as rape or murder. It’s not like they don’t know it’s wrong.
So biblically expalin how celebrating teh birth of the Savior with trimmings is yoking oneself to evil?
If you read your Bible, you will see that God strictly controlled all celebrations that his people were told to hold on a yearly basis. All the details were to be followed to the letter....no other celebrations were permitted because of what happened when the Hebrews were released from Egyptian slavery....when Moses was taking too long to come down out of the mountain, they decided to hold a “festival to Jehovah” and they had Aaron make a golden calf, and they held this up as the “god” that brought them out of Egypt.
Jehovah was incensed! They were using his name whilst worshipping an idol. He punished the guilty.

There are no birthdates recorded in the Bible including that of Jesus’......Why? Because the Jews were to shun all pagan practices.....celebrating birthdays were a pagan practise. Astrologers used birthdates to cast horoscopes, fortelling the future. That was in direct disobedience to God’s command at Deut 18:9-12.
show me in the bible where fir trees in a home are inherently evil.

Or giving gifts inhonor of Jesus is evil?

Or setting aside a day to celebrate the birth of the Savior is evil?
It’s their pagan origins that are evil....that should be enough, especially when we have the clear command to stay away from all pagan ideas and concepts....

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” (KJV)

“Touch not the unclean thing”.....if something has spiritually “unclean” origins, we are not to “touch” them....does that mean that we can embrace them if we change the name and pretend that they are now ”Christian”? Who wants you to believe that you can blend Christ with the devil (belial)?

Jehovah was there when the pagans were celebrating the originals. You think he doesn’t know where they came from?
I know of no one who worships the tree, or Saturnalia or Bacchus or engages in any practices to honor false gods. If they do they are wrong!
You are participating in false worship by adopting pagan practices under another name. “Touching” the “unclean thing” contaminates our worship. If I offered you a glass of cold water on a hot day, but I told you it was a little bit poisoned, would you drink it? What if it was mostly poison? Would you even touch it...?
YOu are judging from the outside, God judges the heart! It is not the externals that defile a person, but their thoughts and intents of what they do that will defile a person.
I hope you understand what justification is...? The heart is the most deceitful (figurative) organ in the human body....
Jeremiah 17: 9-10...
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.”

What is in the heart, comes out in our actions. It is our actions that God judges....in its ‘desperate wickedness’, the heart will get what it wants.....for reasons that it justifies. You will never justify these things to God.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.....I hope you understand that God has the right to give life or to take it.....what God does is certainly not on the same level as what flawed humanity do.

Satan was behind the magi coming to Jerusalem and stirring up the jealousy of a wicked king which resulted in the deaths of innocent Jewish children....Herod had no need to kill non-Jewish children because they posed no threat to him. Would God knowingly take the lives of innocent babies whilst preserving the lives of their parents....show me one biblical example. Children died along with their wicked parents.....presumably because wicked parents will more often than not produce wicked children. No one is born wicked.....that is a choice made by any human who ends up committing crimes such as rape or murder. It’s not like they don’t know it’s wrong.
Did you get whiplash writing this? You say God has the right to take any life and then dogmatically say it was Satan who led the wise men. I suppose you believe that special astral phenomena was Satanic in design as well.

YOu still haven't offered proof other than man's reasoning.
If you read your Bible, you will see that God strictly controlled all celebrations that his people were told to hold on a yearly basis. All the details were to be followed to the letter....no other celebrations were permitted because of what happened when the Hebrews were released from Egyptian slavery....when Moses was taking too long to come down out of the mountain, they decided to hold a “festival to Jehovah” and they had Aaron make a golden calf, and they held this up as the “god” that brought them out of Egypt.
Jehovah was incensed! They were using his name whilst worshipping an idol. He punished the guilty.

There are no birthdates recorded in the Bible including that of Jesus’......Why? Because the Jews were to shun all pagan practices.....celebrating birthdays were a pagan practise. Astrologers used birthdates to cast horoscopes, fortelling the future. That was in direct disobedience to God’s command at Deut 18:9-12.
Those were commanded celebrations. But God never forbade celebrating ones birthday. Pagans ater cheese also, I suppose because pagans did it we should not? How far do you wish to go with this nit picking.

Jesus said nothing outside of a man defiles them, so celebrating a birthday and not honoring false gods is not an evil.

Just because outside of Job birthdays are not mentioned, doesn't make them inherently evil any more than chopping down a fir tree and putting it in your house is. YOu are just viewing the externals whereas God views the heart.
You are participating in false worship by adopting pagan practices under another name. “Touching” the “unclean thing” contaminates our worship. If I offered you a glass of cold water on a hot day, but I told you it was a little bit poisoned, would you drink it? What if it was mostly poison? Would you even touch it...?
Wow are you so ignorant of Scripture and have swallowed the watchtower lies in toto!

Romans 14

King James Version

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

The Watchtower has taught you to be arrogant, judgmental and simply nasty! Who are you to judge another mans servant? You do not wish to celebrate birthdays and Christmas in honor of the Lord? You are free to not- but you bring down serious problems to your self when you judsge those who have teh freedom of conscinece to do so in honor of the Lord.

YOu are a shallow religious pharisee.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you get whiplash writing this? You say God has the right to take any life and then dogmatically say it was Satan who led the wise men. I suppose you believe that special astral phenomena was Satanic in design as well.

YOu still haven't offered proof other than man's reasoning.
Your whole post is a classic example of justification.....people will not stop “touching the unclean thing” because they love it, and don’t want to give it up.

That is part of the “delusion” that Paul tells us will be manifest in those who “do not love the truth”....
When Jesus judges mankind, he will tell the “many” that he “never knew” them.....they think that they know him...yet he calls them “workers of lawlessness.” (Matt 7:21-23)
What is this “lawlessness” that they practice?

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12....
“For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (NKJV)

In the first century, the desire to “go beyond what is written”, again added things to the faith that Christ never taught. The Jews had already fallen victim to this propensity.....and Jesus identified satan as the author of their faulty thinking.
Unless we are vigilant, we will become satan’s victims too....unless we stick to what God’s word teaches, even in the small things (Luke 16:10) and are careful not to add things that don’t belong, we will not be satan's servants, but God’s.

1 Cor 4:2-6....
“Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. . . . .For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God. Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.” (NKJV)

Those were commanded celebrations. But God never forbade celebrating ones birthday. Pagans ater cheese also, I suppose because pagans did it we should not? How far do you wish to go with this nit picking.
Why ignore what scripture teaches in plain language? If something has its origins in pagan religious beliefs, we are not to “touch” it. If you adopt such practices, you touch something that is spiritually “unclean” to God. It doesn’t matter what we think of it....
Eating cheese is hardly a sound theological argument about this topic....are you hearing yourself? :doldrums:
Good grief!
Jesus said nothing outside of a man defiles them, so celebrating a birthday and not honoring false gods is not an evil.
You use parts of scripture to justify yourself....but that is not what Jesus said....
Matthew 15:7-9,11
“Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.” Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”. . . . Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Explain this parable to us.” Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.” (NKJV)

Wow are you so ignorant of Scripture and have swallowed the watchtower lies in toto!
Whose lies did you swallow in toto? Have you never wondered? Those lies were in existence centuries before you were even born.
What passes for Christianity today bears no resemblance to the original....it is a disunited bickering mess.

The Watchtower has taught you to be arrogant, judgmental and simply nasty! Who are you to judge another mans servant?
Whoa...hang on there buddy....read your own replies....haven't you made these exchanges "nasty and judgmental yourself"
What is this?...."YOu are a shallow religious pharisee"...

.....I simply tell you what the Bible says, and you don't have to like it.....if the cap fits...? You must be worried that it does otherwise you would not be trying so hard to defend the indefensible....and very poorly I might add.

You are free to believe whatever you wish......I am not your judge......but we all have to answer to the one who is......we had better be sure of what we have been led to believe.....because each of has been LED....but by whom?

You do not wish to celebrate birthdays and Christmas in honor of the Lord? You are free to not- but you bring down serious problems to your self when you judsge those who have teh freedom of conscinece to do so in honor of the Lord.
Nothing of pagan origin 'honors the Lord'....it didn't in Bible times and it doesn't today....God does not alter....he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. What offended him yesterday also offends him today....

Mal 1:6...
“For I, Yahweh, have not changed...." (LEB)

Can you tell me why you think Yahweh would change just to accommodate the wishes of those who want to adopt pagan customs because they cater to human appeal? Where is your conscience? :no reply:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The truth is that everyone will worship the one who was born King of the Jews, which is Jesus, because everyone will believe in Christ with faith alone and be saved, that is guaranteed.
This scenario is not found in the Bible. There will be few who will enter the narrow gate and stay on the narrow way.