WITH MY COMMAND SEAL I ORDER THE LORD GOD TO BRING MANY TO MY WEBSITE TO SAVE THEIR SOUL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You order God?
"Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me." Isaiah 45:11

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me." Isaiah 45:11
How's that working for you?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NewIsaiah 45:11 (CJB)
11 You give orders concerning the work of my hands?

Isaiah 45:11 (ESV)
11 ; will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands?

Isaiah 45:11 (NIV)
11 , do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?

Isaiah 45:11 (NRSV)
11 Will you question me about my children, or command me concerning the work of my hands?

Isaiah 45:11 (RSV)
11 Will you question me about my children, or command me concerning the work of my hands?

Isaiah 45:11 (NASB)
11 "Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons, And you shall commit to Me the work of My hands.

Isaiah 45:11 (NIV2011)
11 , do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

As always the context is key and this is one of regulator those seeking to talk back to God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How's that working for you?
Did it not cause you you to search it out and post several other translations of it? Did I do it... or did God do it? How like Him are we to this point? How like Him may we be? Jesus in this world was the Light, but when he is no longer in the world, who is the Light?

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did it not cause you you to search it out and post several other translations of it? Did I do it... or did God do it? How like Him are we to this point? How like Him may we be? Jesus in this world was the Light, but when he is no longer in the world, who is the Light?
I always check different translations for anything important. Many KJVers think it's the ONLY written Word of God.

Reactions: amadeus

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without being led by the Holy Spirit without love/charity, what is context?

The context are the verse preferring and following any verse quoted that give mean to that verse.
Isaiah 45:11 quoted on its own appears to say that we can command God.
The context shows that this is not the meaning of this verse.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context are the verse preferring and following any verse quoted that give mean to that verse.
Isaiah 45:11 quoted on its own appears to say that we can command God.
The context shows that this is not the meaning of this verse.
I was hoping to see your answer to my question: "Without being led by the Holy Spirit without love/charity, what is context?"

Can a man without being led by the Holy Spirit understand the context of God when he reads his Bible? Does not God have different messages for different people in their places according to their needs of the moment as He understands them?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

What was Peter doing here?

"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me." Matt 14:30

Could God through Jesus have refused Peter's request or command? Was it not in a sense a command invoking the promise of God? When we command Him in our asking, not amiss, can God say, no?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The literal context of the Bible does not change by the influence of the spirit.

Only charletans claim that there mishandling and abuse of scripture is justified by the spirits leading.