Witnessing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 6:6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. This has probably become my favorite verse in the Bible. What people don't understand is that Satan, the pharisees, and virtually any Jew in Jesus's day could quote Scripture left and right. Loving God is the key, and you do that through no other place than the Scriptures, but one has to let them lead. Just remember that in context is always defined as: 1. Agreement with writer.2. Anything that comes out of writers mouth. These two things will always ensure that you're in the proper context. Anything else is plain wrong and blasphemous. You'll end up like me and be called a hermeneutic as I have been.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
there is nothing left here to talk about it is a bad doctrine the end. if you believe it your loss. I know this from the word and from life experience I know people that accepted Christ in there youth and now deny him.And dont tell me to show you scripture because I have you just deny it as meaning what you choose it to mean. so dont tell me that OSAS is true its bull.THE END

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Well it is better to be wrong by mankind than to be wrong by our Loving Father. REMEMBER folks, God desires mercy and Lucifer doesn't.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
quote to Swampfox by writer{quote}It's good to know the hermenuetic on this forum is so consistent.{quote}

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(kriss;10235)
yes whats that got to with it you said you didnt call him that
I don't understand this exchange. I understood Writer's remark to be saying that SwampFox was consistent. He was saying SwampFox consistently applied his principles of interpretation. He called SwampFox consistent, not "hermeneutic".

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
Hermenuetic is the science of Bible interpretation. I was not calling Swampfox that. As B'midbar stated, I was saying that he was consistent in how he approaches Scripture.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
you were still being sarcastic it was meant in the negative as you made quite clear writer sense you have continually chided all of us here for our lack of ability to speak to you in scripture that understanding the word is usless.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(writer4hisglory;10248)
We are so far off topic. This has been reduced to a bickering of character.
for once we are in complete ageement:)

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
Good. Back to the topic of discussion. I reckon that everyone is waiting for James 2 now. I'll try to get that worked up here as soon as possible