Witnessing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Our first mission for the Lord is to spread Jesus to the world. How does it affect this mission if we are in the military and the world knows we are using God and Jesus name? The world believes all religions are selfrighteous and hypocrites, and they have legitimate reason to believe so. We are no different if we are killing our enemy just like our enemy. I already addressed the military and Christians and I will not go into my opposers' seemingly biblical reasonings. This thread is focusing His servants' witnessing. Our interpretation must make sense in over all. The Bible's messages are love of God and Jesus. Love and war don't coexists.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Anyone care to share how joining the military and killing your enemy is logical and coexist with God and Jesus' messages of love?thank you:)

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
You ask a question regarding a Biblical topic, but you want to leave the Bible out of it. Interesting logic.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10017)
You ask a question regarding a Biblical topic, but you want to leave the Bible out of it. Interesting logic.
No, I just want to skip the things already discussed. I have to look it up my old thread but it was not so long ago.

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
Then continue the discussion in that thread. If you are not interested in hearing the biblical perspective on the issue, then you are really missing the point altogether.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10024)
Then continue the discussion in that thread. If you are not interested in hearing the biblical perspective on the issue, then you are really missing the point altogether.
The topic thread on the link that she put on her post is closed...That's why she start a new thread.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
Again, it defeats the point to talk about biblical commands without wanting to address what the Bible says. It then becomes a "This is what I feel we should do", and the Christian walk is not based upon how we feel.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10028)
Again, it defeats the point to talk about biblical commands without wanting to address what the Bible says. It then becomes a "This is what I feel we should do", and the Christian walk is not based upon how we feel.
Please read my OP. My point is about how our understanding and practicing the Bible affects our witmessing to the world about God and Jesus' messages. BTW, I am not forcing anyone to discuss, my friend. thank you:)

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
I will not go into my opposers' seemingly biblical reasonings. This thread is focusing His servants' witnessing. Our interpretation must make sense in over all. The Bible's messages are love of God and Jesus. Love and war don't coexists.
This is not a biblical approach to the questions that you ask in this thread, nor do I believe that your last sentence is biblically accurate.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10081)
This is not a biblical approach
The Bible says that we will know who is true and who isn't by their fruit. How is my approach not biblical, since it bothers you so much?
to the questions that you ask in this thread, nor do I believe that your last sentence is biblically accurate.
I am not forcing anyone to agree with me writer. How I approach with others for Jesus' messages is my business, I am sorry to dissapoint you. I am using Bible knowlesge in everything I do my, dear. You sound very familiar to me, are you 22 years old?

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10098)
What does my age have to do with anything?
You sound very much like someone I know.
smile.gif

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
Please stay on the topic of discussion. I prefer to be known as Writer here, my identity is my business. If you think it is of any consequence you may PM me, but this is not a public matter.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
You are right, writer, sorry about changing the subject. Would you like to respond to my reply since you are pushing so hard?
sad.gif

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
That is quite alright, Faithful1, and yes, I will respond. I am assuming that you are referring to
The Bible says that we will know who is true and who isn't by their fruit. How is my approach not biblical, since it bothers you so much?
You want to address how we can witness in the Military when it appears that love and war does not go together, that is what I gather. I am saying, that in order to come to the right conclusions about war, love and witnessing, you must go to the Scriptures. If someone has an opposing viewpoint to yours, then listen to them especially if they are using the Word of God to back their point up. Faithful1, I am sure that you would agree that the Word of God is to be our final authority, so if I or anyone else comes to you with it, you would do well to listen and consider what we have to say. We may be dead wrong, but if we are, you will be able to show us in the Word of God. If you are wrong, then praise the Lord that you are offered the opportunity to come to the right conclusion through the Bible.There have been many instances where I had to change my line of thought on an issue (even on the roles of men and women in the hiome), but I did so because of what the Word of God says, not because of what someone told me how they felt something should be. Writer

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10122)
That is quite alright, Faithful1, and yes, I will respond. I am assuming that you are referring toYou want to address how we can witness in the Military when it appears that love and war does not go together, that is what I gather. I am saying, that in order to come to the right conclusions about war, love and witnessing, you must go to the Scriptures. If someone has an opposing viewpoint to yours, then listen to them especially if they are using the Word of God to back their point up. Faithful1, I am sure that you would agree that the Word of God is to be our final authority, so if I or anyone else comes to you with it, you would do well to listen and consider what we have to say. We may be dead wrong, but if we are, you will be able to show us in the Word of God. If you are wrong, then praise the Lord that you are offered the opportunity to come to the right conclusion through the Bible.There have been many instances where I had to change my line of thought on an issue (even on the roles of men and women in the hiome), but I did so because of what the Word of God says, not because of what someone told me how they felt something should be. Writer
Ok writer, please show me exactly what I said in my OP is unbiblical? All I said was to skip the part we already discussed. I am grown woman serving God with all my might. I take very seriously everything what I say and do. Everyone knows that I am not perfect and rather goofy but I know what is important and what is trivial because I have been taking Jesus' teachings very seriously and striving to obey everything what He is teaching.

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
If I may:
I already addressed the military and Christians and I will not go into my opposers' seemingly biblical reasonings. This thread is focusing His servants' witnessing. Our interpretation must make sense in over all. The Bible's messages are love of God and Jesus. Love and war don't coexists.
Let me know if I am reading your post correctly. Highlighted in bold are the statements that have caught my eye. When you say: Opposers', are you referring to everyone who might venture into this thread, or just those who have been debating this issue previously? If you are referring to everyone, then it would appear as though you are saying that you are not interested in what everyone thinks about what the Bible says concerning this issue. If you are referring to those who were previously in this discussion with you, then it would make sense that you are referring to their previous arguments, and while you are open to new arguments from the Word of God, you are not terribly interested at all in going into what was already addressed. This approach, depending upon the arguments presented beforehand, is justifiable, so long as the previous arguments have been addressed to the best of your ability. Secondly: When you say interpretation, are you saying that we must come to the correct interpretation of the Word of God (which cannot be opposing, and must be singular, from my understanding), or are you saying that our interpretation, and not the Word, is what is to be discussed here. The second would elevate what we feel the Word should be saying over the Word of God. Thirdly: You state that the message of the Word of God is the love of Jesus and God. While this is true, it is not the only message presented. What do you do with the hatred of God towards sin? What do you do with the Judgments of God upon mankind? Fourthly: You mention that love and war cannot coexist - what do you, then, do with the wars that God began in the Old Testament? What of the great war at the end of time? These are just a few things. My main concern is the first point made here... to whom are you referring when you say "opposers'"?

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(writer4hisglory;10137)
When you say: Opposers', are you referring to everyone who might venture into this thread, or just those who have been debating this issue previously?
I am refering to pro-military.
If you are referring to everyone, then it would appear as though you are saying that you are not interested in what everyone thinks about what the Bible says concerning this issue. If you are referring to those who were previously in this discussion with you, then it would make sense that you are referring to their previous arguments,
n/a
and while you are open to new arguments from the Word of God,
I quoted the my interpretation from the Bible. You seem to have difficulty reading others' posts, my friend. you have been ignoring so many things I have been saying. I hope you start to respect others' sayings too.
you are not terribly interested at all in going into what was already addressed.
I have brought up military issue in many forums and I know exactly what you ara going to bring up. It was the same in this forum too. If you are interested in more than I requested in my OP please, read the old thread I refered to you.
This approach, depending upon the arguments presented beforehand, is justifiable, so long as the previous arguments have been addressed to the best of your ability.
I did bring up my point with biblical reasonings. I cannot do anything if you dont like my interpretation or disagree with me but I will not change my position just because you disagree with me, my friend.
Secondly: When you say interpretation, are you saying that we must come to the correct interpretation of the Word of God (which cannot be opposing, and must be singular, from my understanding), or are you saying that our interpretation, and not the Word, is what is to be discussed here. The second would elevate what we feel the Word should be saying over the Word of God.
It is very obvious we are interpreting differently. All I can do is express what I believe and everything that I bring up is my convictions. We both connot be right can we? it is up to god to judge who is with God or not. I wil not let you or anyone else intimidate my convictions. Jesus is my Judge.
You mention that love and war cannot coexist - what do you, then, do with the wars that God began in the Old Testament? What of the great war at the end of time?
God is allknowing, He never make mistakes. He can judge anyone. But we are not God. He is the only one who can judge anyone. God says vengence is His. He will judge us like He is telling us in the Bible.Are you saying America is a theocracy like Israel in OT times, led directly by God? I hope not.