Work Ethic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine leaving your fields fallow one season every 7 years, like the bible commands for farmers. Its inconceivable in this age.

Yes, and for 490 years the people of Israel did not do this, and the price was 70 years in captivity, one year for every seventh year they failed to keep the Commandment. Now when I was a boy we lived in farming community's, and they at lest left fields fallowed by rotation. Because it was good for the ground to rest, so to speak!

Reactions: amadeus

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While experience doesn't determine truth, my experience in the workforce (approximately 48 years) was that applying the principal of working as for God made my employer (or supervisors) happy with my work and garnered respect from them, while making me a subject of derision by coworkers (who still approached me for help when they were unable to perform assigned tasks.) This is generally what the scripture teaches us to expect when we attempt to live godly lives in this age.
While I agree that God saves us for good works, which will manifest largely in helping others needs being met, in the workplace, ministering to the needs of coworkers can sometimes put us at odds with our employers (who pay for our time.) I found in my own experience that my higher level of productivity made time to assist others, which probably lent itself to my employers gain, but they would have found more profit in having larger numbers of more capable or more responsible workers.

This has also been My experience, respect for your efforts, needing little or no Supervision, and the resentment of co-workers. But I do all things as unto the Lord, and the Lord has always blessed the work of my hands!

Reactions: michaelvpardo