World economic forum kept refering to an individual but not by name

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a teaching in YouTube that makes that case and says Jesus was the Antichrist prophesied in those passages. There's even a reference to the icons that appear in the RCC bearing various symbols besides the image of Jesus, including Jesus hand gestures, that confirm the point.

The producer of the teaching looked at the scriptures objectively as literature only, not having a religious bias, to make the case.

All that sounds defunct.

Bible Scripture is not... that difficult to grasp that Jesus forewarned of a coming false-Christ as one of the 7 SIGNS of the end of this world prior to His coming to gather His Church. Apostle Paul revealed that false one also in 2 Thessalonians 2, and Christ again through His servant John in Revelation 13:11 forward and again in Revelation 17. So really those in Christ have no excuse in following those men who say the idea of "antichrist" is something other than what The Bible says. And one who would rather heed men instead of God's Word are not a true follower of Christ Jesus, but a follower of men.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that sounds defunct.

Bible Scripture is not... that difficult to grasp that Jesus forewarned of a coming false-Christ as one of the 7 SIGNS of the end of this world prior to His coming to gather His Church. Apostle Paul revealed that false one also in 2 Thessalonians 2, and Christ again through His servant John in Revelation 13:11 forward and again in Revelation 17. So really those in Christ have no excuse in following those men who say the idea of "antichrist" is something other than what The Bible says. And one who would rather heed men instead of God's Word are not a true follower of Christ Jesus, but a follower of men.
I think researching all the many councils involved in changing scripture over the centuries, as well as the many different versions of the Bible today, and the New Catholic Encyclopedia volume 12 entry regarding Jesus Christ, may meet that criteria of being followers of men.

God inspired the Bible.
Men altered it from the beginning.

They don't state God wrote the Bible. Why, if you've noticed, does the Holy Spirit power in and of all creation as creator use men to do his work?

Maybe we've always followed men's writing as God. And that's why Jesus said his kingdom is spread across the earth but we do not see it. And also, we shall seek the truth and the truth shall set us free.

Have you ever heard of the Babylonian Talmud and its reference to Jesus?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The coming Antichrist-false-Messiah will claim to be the Jewish Messiah of The Bible. He will claim to be the one the orthodox Jews have been waiting for.
I agree 100%, claiming to be from King David's lineage, as Judaism presently teaches

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know the basics, he will come out of the geographical location of the old Roman Empire, he will conquer and rule ten kings, he won't have regard for women.
'qualifies' is the active ingredient. It is distinct from generalities.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Anti-Christ doesn't appear in the Book of Revelation.

They are referred to in 1st John.
Yes amen only John mentioned the AC and this same John penned revelation and didn’t mention the AC once Why?

Because obviously the beast and the antichrist aren’t the same John even described them differently and gave them a different purpose

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It actually is... a person also though. The 1st beast of Rev.13 is about a kingdom beast. But the "another beast" of Rev.13:11 forward is about a beast person that will come to work those great signs, wonders, and miracles to deceive the whole world with.
Your claim of a "Kingdom Beast" is "False"

The beast of the sea will be a literal human man called (The Beast) and the beast of the earth is a literal human man called (The False Prophet) they are both identified in Revelation 19:20 below as living, and being cast into the lake of fire

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think researching all the many councils involved in changing scripture over the centuries, as well as the many different versions of the Bible today, and the New Catholic Encyclopedia volume 12 entry regarding Jesus Christ, may meet that criteria of being followers of men.

God inspired the Bible.
Men altered it from the beginning.

They don't state God wrote the Bible. Why, if you've noticed, does the Holy Spirit power in and of all creation as creator use men to do his work?

Maybe we've always followed men's writing as God. And that's why Jesus said his kingdom is spread across the earth but we do not see it. And also, we shall seek the truth and the truth shall set us free.

Have you ever heard of the Babylonian Talmud and its reference to Jesus?
Maybe you need to read your Bible again, because God PROMISED to keep His Word unto ALL GENERATIONS.

Now if you don't know the difference in these false prophets today behind newer Bible versions, then it means you probably never confirmed God's Word for yourself in the first place, and instead just believed what men say.

Reactions: teamventure

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which version?
:)
Ps 33:11
11 The counsel of the LORD stands fast forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
NHEB

Ps 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, Thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
KJV

Ps 117:2
2 For His merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
KJV

Ps 111:7-8
7 The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His commandments are sure.
8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
KJV

Ps 100:5
5 For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
KJV

Isa 40:8
8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
KJV

Mark 13:31
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away.
KJV

• Love
Reactions: ButterflyJones

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ps 33:11
11 The counsel of the LORD stands fast forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
NHEB

Ps 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, Thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
KJV

Ps 117:2
2 For His merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
KJV

Ps 111:7-8
7 The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His commandments are sure.
8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
KJV

Ps 100:5
5 For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
KJV

Isa 40:8
8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
KJV

Mark 13:31
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away.
KJV
Thank you for sustaining my observation. :)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sustaining my observation. :)
I showed how The Word of God is Promised to us by God forever, which those quotes prove, and is preserved in the traditional Bible texts PRIOR to the 1800s.

So I don't know what "observation" you think you had proposed, but it certainly did not disprove the corruptions of many of the modern Bible versions past the 1880s.

Reactions: teamventure

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't believe God's word in scripture? How do you think that is going to fly on judgment day?
I never said that.
I'll be far down the line at the judgement watching God judge those who thought to alter God's words from the beginning. And for their own purposes.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I showed how The Word of God is Promised to us by God forever, which those quotes prove, and is preserved in the traditional Bible texts PRIOR to the 1800s.

So I don't know what "observation" you think you had proposed, but it certainly did not disprove the corruptions of many of the modern Bible versions past the 1880s.
I don't think you realize what you said there.