Worry/Anxiety/Self-sabotaging behavior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord, please bless William00 with power, love, and a sound mind. Fill his mind with your peace as his mind focuses on You.

You calmed the raging sea. Calm his heart and help him increase his faith.

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friends. Thank you for your prayers. I have been feeling quite good all week. Then this morning, when I woke up, I feel like having a panic attack. One thing didn't go well yesterday and it's affecting me very negatively. I have a misunderstanding with someone very important to me and we are not speaking.

Dear Friends. Please say a prayer for me. Thank you.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realized too late in my life that many of my problems stemmed from a lack of faith: my worry, anxiety and self-sabotaging behavior.

I work on having more faith in God.

Please say a prayer to help me.

Lack of faith, anxiety, depression, etc...is an internal battle between your hearts “spiritual” thoughts and your minds “carnal” thoughts.

I will pray the Lord will give you a wonderful blessing to remind you He is always WITH you.

Will you search the Scriptures hear, remember, repeat how the Lords Strength in you is greater than your mind conceives and your hearts thoughts have greater power over your minds thoughts?

God Bless you,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lack of faith, anxiety, depression, etc...is an internal battle between your hearts “spiritual” thoughts and your minds “carnal” thoughts.
Taken

Thank you for your prayer. I was brought up as a pessimistic person. My whole family and social environment was like that. I had a lot of faith when I was a little boy but things when I grow older. I remember Jesus saying faith can move mountains. I really do believe if we have enough faith, we can literally move mountains.

Today is especially a bad day with my faith. I have a misunderstanding with someone very important to me. We are not talking. That's not really helping with the improvement in the last 2 weeks.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your prayer. I was brought up as a pessimistic person. My whole family and social environment was like that. I had a lot of faith when I was a little boy but things when I grow older. I remember Jesus saying faith can move mountains. I really do believe if we have enough faith, we can literally move mountains.

Today is especially a bad day with my faith. I have a misunderstanding with someone very important to me. We are not talking. That's not really helping with the improvement in the last 2 weeks.

U R Welcome. Got your point. Patience can be a hard test. Good time to delve in a conversation with the Lord. It may seem like He is not listening but His is. I have one child that would never look at people when they are talking to him and one child that is deaf, but So I would talk, talk, talk anyway and sure enough maybe a week, a month later, would see the results of the talk, talk, talk....God is Faithful and will provide what He knows is best for you.

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U R Welcome. Got your point. Patience can be a hard test. Good time to delve in a conversation with the Lord. It may seem like He is not listening but His is. I have one child that would never look at people when they are talking to him and one child that is deaf, but So I would talk, talk, talk anyway and sure enough maybe a week, a month later, would see the results of the talk, talk, talk....God is Faithful and will provide what He knows is best for you.

Thank you for your story. Like you say, we have to patient. When I have faith, I feel there is a connection with God, the universe and everything. I feel anything can be possible. Or I am just having a bad day because of a misunderstanding with someone important to me. My faith is shaky we may not talk again. When something good happens, then things are on a roll and vice versa and in a bad way.

Incidentally, I have a friend who is an atheist but at times I think he has more faith than me. He would not panic in face of adversity. Whereas for me, my faith may be shaky and will assume the worst.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your story. Like you say, we have to patient. When I have faith, I feel there is a connection with God, the universe and everything. I feel anything can be possible. Or I am just having a bad day because of a misunderstanding with someone important to me. My faith is shaky we may not talk again. When something good happens, then things are on a roll and vice versa and in a bad way.

Incidentally, I have a friend who is an atheist but at times I think he has more faith than me. He would not panic in face of adversity. Whereas for me, my faith may be shaky and will assume the worst.

Faith is a Gift from God.
IF Faith INCREASE is what you desire...Simple.
Hear or Read the Word of God.
Don’t get stuck if you don’t understand the Knowledge, that comes later.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I realized too late in my life that many of my problems stemmed from a lack of faith: my worry, anxiety and self-sabotaging behavior.

I work on having more faith in God.

Please say a prayer to help me.
@William00 Daily prayer and the Scriptures, while we keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2) are indeed so essential.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Faith is a Gift from God.
IF Faith INCREASE is what you desire...Simple.
Hear or Read the Word of God.
Don’t get stuck if you don’t understand the Knowledge, that comes later.
@Taken Faith is indeed a gift of God (Ephesians 2.8); and I love how verse 10 follows on: 'For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them'. :)

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Faith is indeed a gift of God (Ephesians 2.8); and I love how verse 10 follows on: 'For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them'. :)

Yes.

And the caveat, of whom that applies...they who ARE saved, ARE his workmanship.

Eph 2:
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Bummer for those who say, ‘no man IS saved’.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes.

And the caveat, of whom that applies...they who ARE saved, ARE his workmanship.

Eph 2:
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Bummer for those who say, ‘no man IS saved’.
@Taken All in context, right? what the passage refers to follows on from what is said in adjacent and previous verses.....

Reactions: Taken