Worry/Anxiety/Self-sabotaging behavior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realized too late in my life that many of my problems stemmed from a lack of faith: my worry, anxiety and self-sabotaging behavior.

I work on having more faith in God.

Please say a prayer to help me.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partner in action,
I just spent a week in our psych unit at the local hospital for this 64 yr old problem in my life.

I have up most faith for everyone else but I packed down my own anxieties and depression and a self loathing.

It was the breaking point..... an old saying ( not bibical) God helps those who help themselves, is true. We must completely let him in to do HIS WORK in us for we are hampered by ourselves.

We will pray in conjunction and for ALL who suffer but live in captivity to this and are shamed at the fact.

Blessings.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partner in action,
I just spent a week in our psych unit at the local hospital for this 64 yr old problem in my life.

I have up most faith for everyone else but I packed down my own anxieties and depression and a self loathing.

It was the breaking point..... an old saying ( not bibical) God helps those who help themselves, is true. We must completely let him in to do HIS WORK in us for we are hampered by ourselves.

We will pray in conjunction and for ALL who suffer but live in captivity to this and are shamed at the fact.

Blessings.
I want to lengthen that saying . From GOD helps those who help themselves .
By asking a simple question . AND HOW do you suppose dear sister , that we help ourselves .
I bet you will agree with the answer .
BY SEEKING HE WHO IS OUR HELPER , BY SEEKING THE GLORIOUS LORD .
By submitting unto HIM . And by submission , well who we obey is who we have submitted ourselves unto .
Thus stay in prayer and be learning HIS biblical pattern well . Cry unto HE who is able to succor , give aid , HELP us .
FOR HE is our HELP , our STRENGTH , HE IS OUR Salvation . The KING of kings and the LORD of lords is HIS name .
And our hope is in HE alone . Its a nightmare to follow the flesh . YET when when we heed the SPIRIT
its peace . The carnal mind truly is enmity with GOD . And we must not heed that mind .
That mind produces a false hope , also fear and anxiety . IF you notice the carnal mind
has us living by emotions and looking to worldy solutions . What a stressful nightmare that is ,
YET when we heed that SPIRIT and simply remember what JESUS taught us , ITS PEACE that abounds my dear sister .
Cast ALL your cares upon HIM , set all those affections above on HIM . Trust HIM and WATCH that PEACE abound .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By asking a simple question . AND HOW do you suppose dear sister , that we help ourselves .
By submitting unto HIM . And by submission , well who we obey is who we have submitted ourselves unto .
Thus stay in prayer and be learning HIS biblical pattern well . Cry unto HE who is able to succor , give aid , HELP us .
FOR HE is our HELP , our STRENGTH , HE IS OUR Salvation . The KING of kings and the LORD of lords is HIS name .
And our hope is in HE alone . Its a nightmare to follow the flesh . YET when when we heed the SPIRIT
its peace . The carnal mind truly is enmity with GOD . And we must not heed that mind .
That mind produces a false hope , also fear and anxiety . IF you notice the carnal mind
has us living by emotions and looking to worldy solutions . What a stressful nightmare that is ,
YET when we heed that SPIRIT and simply remember what JESUS taught us , ITS PEACE that abounds my dear sister .
Cast ALL your cares upon HIM , set all those affections above on HIM . Trust HIM and WATCH that PEACE abound .

Amen and thank you!
We can only be overcomers bc he overcame !

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realized too late in my life that many of my problems stemmed from a lack of faith: my worry, anxiety and self-sabotaging behavior.

I work on having more faith in God.

Please say a prayer to help me.

My heart and prayers go out to you. I myself went through a few times of having myself admitted recently, but, God stopped my hand and lifted me. My prayers are with you brother.

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JohnPaul, L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, amigo de cristo, quiet thinker, grace ambassador, amadeus, Michiah-Imla, Nancy: Thank you for your prayers and support!

I pray:

Our Father, prayer of gratitude, personal prayer
first thing waking up and before going to bed and throughout the
day when possible.

I am working to restore my faith to the point when I was 5-8 years old. I wrote
about my "small miracle" as a child:

Prayer materialized a lost object

As we get older, we succumb to anxiety and fear. As a result, our faith gets weaker
and weaker.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sound it out my dear brother. That is the best advice anyone could give. Set your affections and your focus on the LORD.

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update:

Thank you everyone on the Forum for your prayers. It's been up and down since I submitted my prayer request.

I follow my own advice: upon waking up and going to bed, I pray
* 1 Our Father
* 1 prayer of gratitude
* 1 prayer of my humble request to the Lord

In general, it's better even though it's up and down.

I also tuned out of the news for about a week. That makes me feel better.