WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QUOTE="marksman, post: 762979, member: 1136"]The icing on the cake for me is what happened after the healing. In verse 11 it says that all the people ran together to them (Peter, John, and the walking man) greatly amazed.

Once again Peter was on the ball. He didn't just stand there to accept their adulation. He jumped in with both feet and gave them the facts.

Which was "Hey, it had nothing at all to do with us. Jesus is the go-to guy. You know the one you had crucified. It was the power of his name and faith in that name that made all this happen. But don't worry because all this was foretold by the prophets so get on board and repent, get those sins cleared out, and do you know what? God is going to send this same Jesus again and if you doubt that, all the prophets said it is going to happen so don't take our word for it.

The fact is God wants to bless you and he can if you turn away from your sins. What could be simpler than that?

I know he didn't use those exact words but you get my drift. The miraculous opened the door for Peter to lay it on the line and let them know what was what. Who needs to arrange mass evangelistic meetings? Just a miracle now and then will do it for you.[/QUOTE
==========================================================
The Truth then is still the Truth Today - God's Word never changed.... mankind is still wicked , fallen and perverse, and encourages perversion.
The True Assembly of Jesus' permanent disciples walks with Jesus Daily, follows Jesus wherever He Goes, as written. We will not follow another voice.

Yes, all foretold by God in His Word, reliable and true. His few people cannot be overcome no matter the so-called "odds" against us - even though we be martyrs daily, like sheep led to slaughter... we do not deny Him, we do not deny His Name, we do not deny our faith, not even to go along with the cvid deception.....

I like your today's version of the passage.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your "experience and study" is clearly of the bigotted anti-Catholic variety. This is evident in your stupid insults.
Here, you claim to have been in the RCIA program, and the first thing a priests asks a potential convert is WHY they want to become Catholic. No priest in his right mind would allow a frothing-at-the-mouth anti-Catholic bigot to be part of a faith building milieu. Name the priest and the parish where you say you were "expected to know" OR STOP LYING.
Another LIE. The Church encourages us to vote for candidates who uphold moral laws, but never tells us who we must vote for. Cite any source where the priest tells people how to vote OR STOP LYING. This is just hate speech. Sex abuse is a serious sin, not church policy. You are so full of hate you can't tell the difference.
A non-sequitur fallacy. First, that was 50 years ago. Second, every institution at that time did the same thing. Third, enabling bishops at that time followed the advice of psychologists who oversold their "therapy" and shifting them was part of it. They were appointed and accountable to the courts but nobody ever mentions that. Are the victims parents deaf and dumb? Some bishops at that time didn't know how else to handle the problem, they just did what everybody else did at that time, and we now know it was wrong. Now, priests and bishops are obligated, by Vatican directives, to call the cops, but you don't care about that.
Bad priests are dead, in jail or thrown out of ministry. Enabling bishops have long since been corrected/disciplined, but you don't care about that either.
You don't know much about teenagers. Normal teenagers would punch the priest in the mouth and rightly so. Homosexual teenagers would not. 80% of all cases did not involve children, teenagers are not children. The bulk of the scandals was homosexuality, not pedophilia. Are you covering up for homosexuals by majoring in the minors?
Scandal I was the worst crisis in the history of the Church. Yes, it happened.
Scandal II is perpetuating the myth, along with secular media, that nothing has been done about it. I have proven that Catholicism is not a cult, and you respond by playing the ever so popular, worn out, sex abuse card.

There is a "report abuse" button on the main page of many diocese, if not all. Does your church have one? Or does it even have a web page? Or do you even have a church?

2011 Annual Report
99.98% OF PRIESTS ARE INNOCENT

Dec 5, 2013
Vatican announces new papal advisory commission on sex abuse

JULY 07, 2014
Pope's Homily at Mass With Sexual Abuse Victims - ZENIT - English

21 September 2017
Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors

FEBRUARY 17, 2018
Pope renews commission on sexual abuse, Vatican promises victims more say

Then there is the HUGE problem of sex abuse by public school teachers who are protected by their unions. No outrage there. The identity of abusers is more important than kids, right marksman?
Did you know that your anger is showing?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
NEW TESTAMENT LEADING

How did the NTC get its leading bearing in mind that it did not have the New Testament to lean on?

Acts chapter 8 gives some idea of how it happened.

In verse 26 it says "Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Phillip, saying "Arise and go toward the south along the road which goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza." So he arose and went.

Pont one is that angels gave direction to the NTC. Apart from anything else, it proves that angels exist and they are able to communicate with humans.

Point two is that communicating with angels was quite normal for the NTC.

Point three is that when spoken to by an angel there was no prevarication as to the source of the message as Phillip up and went immediately in response to the instruction of the angel.

Was the angel right? Did Phillip hear the instructions correctly? The answer to both was yes. It was no figment of his imagination.

How do we know? Simple. On that road was sitting an Ethiopian Eunuch of some importance reading the book of Isiah. Then the Spirit told him to engage in conversation with the Eunich. Another means of communication used by God.

The Eunuch indicated that he did not understand what he was reading so what did Phillip do? He preached Jesus to him. Not denomination doctrine. Not the four rules of salvation. He preached Jesus. That is what the NTC always did. They preached Jesus. His birth, His life, His death, His burial, His resurrection. His ascension. And his Messiahship. That was the sum total of their preaching. Oh, and the way of salvation because the Eunuch said to Phillip, "See here is water. What hinders me from being Baptised?" And Phillip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may (be baptised)."

His answer? "I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God."

So they stopped the chariot, went down into the water and Phillip baptized the Eunuch.

Now the question is, where did the Eunuch get the idea of being baptized in water? I don't know about you but I can only think of one way he would get the idea and that was Phillip told him that is the way it worked. It had registered with him that Jesus was the son of God, they came upon some water so let's get on with it and baptize me.

If no other, that story tells us quite clearly that the salvation the NTC preached included baptism by immersion. If it didn't, why the desire to be baptized the moment he saw water?

Having been guided by the supernatural, it did not end there as it says that Spirit of the Lord caught Phillip away and the next thing is he was in Azotus. What you might call divine transportation.

The question is, why are we so afraid of the supernatural when it makes things so easy? We could be flying all over the place taking the gospel to people that are ready to receive it. No planes trains or buses needed. And no money needed to pay fares. Just good old supernatural transport.

Maybe that you are thinking that it couldn't happen today? My response is why not? If Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, then he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

To finish up with an anecdote. I met a man who was a sales representative so he traveled around all day. He said that nearly every day the Spirit of God told him to speak to a total stranger and share the gospel with them. God always told him who to speak to and he never doubted his leading. The end result was that nearly every day a new believer came into the kingdom of God.

Until we accept that God is supernatural, not natural, we will never take hold of the full extent of what God is capable of.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you know that your anger is showing?
No, it's righteous indignation to your anti-Catholic polemics. Your lies get exposed and this is your only response. I'm still waiting for the name of the priest and parish where you claim you attended RCIA classes. Until you do, the charge of LYING stands. Playing the sex abuse card is a stupid worn out argument.

Prejudice is the emotional attachment to ignorance.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, it's righteous indignation to your anti-Catholic polemics. Your lies get exposed and this is your only response. I'm still waiting for the name of the priest and parish where you claim you attended RCIA classes. Until you do, the charge of LYING stands. Playing the sex abuse card is a stupid worn out argument.

Prejudice is the emotional attachment to ignorance.
(^(&%^%@%@#$*#$^$^^*

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is me speaking in tongues.

Seriously doubt it.. Funny how one mention actually going to Christ and it seems to upset everyone..
Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seriously doubt it.. Funny how one mention actually going to Christ and it seems to upset everyone..
Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
And you have the evidence to seriously doubt it?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you have no evidence to prove it, that is the issue isnt it, not much evidence of Christ on christian forums anywhere.
I don't have to prove it. You either accept what I say or you don't. It does not bother me one way or the other.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MIRACLES IN EVANGELISM

The NTC was scattered and when that happened they went everywhere preaching the Word. Acts 8. As part of that scattering, Phillip went down to Samaria and preached Christ to them. And the multitude with one accord heeded the things spoken by Phillip. And why was that? Not because of the nices services that were presented. Not because of a hearty pot luck dinner. Not because of a bible study. Not because of a youth meeting. No, not any of that. It was due to miracles performed.

What were those miracles?

Unclean spirits who possessed people came out of them. People who were lame or paralyzed were healed. In other words, they backed up their preaching with action. Don't take our word for it. See for yourself. In the name of Jesus of Nazareth......

End result. Great joy. Just like we would have today if we backed up the word with miracles. So what is holding us back?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you explain what this means because I have no idea?
I stand at the door knocking, but no one lets Him in thats why they spend all there lives studying instead of asking the one who is the truth and therefore leaning on ones won understanding.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I stand at the door knocking, but no one lets Him in thats why they spend all there lives studying instead of asking the one who is the truth and therefore leaning on ones won understanding.
How do you win your understanding?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you win your understanding?
I guess my answer is an answer to your question above, why dont things happen, simply put unbelief, its rife among christians, if you knew you could learn from Christ, would you, ?? Jesus used the empty vessels to fill with water to turn into wine, but christians so filled with study and learning they leave no place for God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my answer is an answer to your question above, why dont things happen, simply put unbelief, its rife among christians, if you knew you could learn from Christ, would you, ?? Jesus used the empty vessels to fill with water to turn into wine, but christians so filled with study and learning they leave no place for God.

Lots of people who have fed on the miracles look to more to fill their carnal bellies or to satisfy their desires instead of looking as they should...

"Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:26-27

Reactions: mjrhealth