"Ye are gods"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" (John 10)

Those who believe the word was created by Jehovah in the beginning, and was later made flesh by Him as Jesus, use this Scripture to say that Jesus was referring to himself as a god as themselves, and also the son of God, being first the first created god before them. And being the word created in the first place, they should honor him as benefactor, to whom he came by the mouth of Jehovah in times of the fathers.

As in: before Abraham I was created, and now I am here among you with the word Abraham believed before you; therefore honor me as such and hear me as Jehovah.

So, the first question is: Was God declaring by Scripture that being 'gods' was a good thing?

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." (Pslams 82)

Where did God ever say that men, to whom the Word of God has come, are gods, so that He would then say in Psalms 82, "I have said, ye are gods..."?

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever." (Gen 3)

Their lust was to be as gods, knowing good and evil. And the Lord God confirmed it. They to whom His Word had come in the garden before their fall had indeed become as gods after the transgression, knowing good and evil.

They became as the gods who were no gods, but were only angels created by God acting like God in rebellion against Him.

God was never commending men as gods to whom His Word came, but was condemning them as false gods who rebelled and mishandled His Word.

"Though you as Adam have made yourselves as gods and children of the most high, because I spoke to you personally, you shall all die, as Adam.

Jesus was using the Jews' pride against them in their hypocrisy, for proudly thinking of themselves as gods for having the oracles of God with them (Rom 3), better than and holier than the Gentiles.

'Why say I blaspheme calling myself son of God, when you are supposed to be gods yourselves?'

In another place, Scripture mockingly refers to them as gods:

"Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together. Behold, ye are of nothing, and your work of nought: an abomination is he that chooseth you." (Isaiah 41)

'So, you really think you are gods, knowing good and evil for yourselves, because you have My oracles with you?' Think again.

And so do these people think of themselves. They think they are to be congratulated for being gods, because they are so special to the LORD Jehovah, having the special knowledge of good and evil, that only they are privy too.

The be the only ones to honor Jesus as the first created god and deified as a god in heaven, and so are special to Jehovah LORD above all others, who blaspheme by calling Jesus Lord and God Himself: the Son of God.

You see, the tree of Life in the bosom of the Father with the Word of Life born in the heart by the faith of Jesus, Who's the Life... is just too simple. Now, going to that tree of knowledge of the LORD Jehovah over there, that's where the real action is. That's where we get to be gods among men...