Yes you heard that right.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I left college for a few years and drove a truck in the western 13. I can see the heat officer report in July and August.

"From the office of the Heat Officer, It's hot." We drove at night trying to save tires .....
Whatever they offer the person, I will do it for half! All you gotta do is stick your head out the window and you can with authority say--It's as hot as he.. out here!!!! :jest:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought maybe it was about the homeless, short for "Here, EAT." But no:
City of Phoenix:​

Phoenix’s Office of Heat Response and Mitigation (OHRM or HeatReadyPHX) is leading the efforts of the hottest large city in the United States to fight the growing hazard of urban heat. OHRM focuses on both heat response (helping people cope with hot weather) and heat mitigation (cooling the city and making it more comfortable).​
During all seasons of the year, HeatReadyPHX coordinates programs and policies to help lower urban temperatures and protect public health. It also tracks trends, collects data, and collaborates with other governments and organizations to share ideas and solutions when it comes to dealing with heat.​

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Phoenix’s Office of Heat Response and Mitigation (OHRM or HeatReadyPHX) is leading the efforts of the hottest large city in the United States to fight the growing hazard of urban heat. OHRM focuses on both heat response (helping people cope with hot weather) and heat mitigation (cooling the city and making it more comfortable).​
During all seasons of the year, HeatReadyPHX coordinates programs and policies to help lower urban temperatures and protect public health. It also tracks trends, collects data, and collaborates with other governments and organizations to share ideas and solutions when it comes to dealing with heat.​
I'm now envisioning the famous "Heat" officer going door to door and saying "Are you cool?" which might work till he ends up at pot smoker's house throwing a party. :watching and waiting:

• Love
Reactions: ScottA

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't need a wasted government position for this.

When it's hot .......go to the mall and sit. Don't spend money .......take advantage of their

On top of the insanity ......guess where the NOAA Climate Data Stations are located? In those urban areas ......They guess what the temperature differences would be without all that asphalt around them........Hence their massaging of their own data.

Reactions: ScottA