Yeshua taught judaism in the context of the belief in him, catholicism and also protestanism are false religions that disregard the Torah of Moses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those mentioned in Colossians 2:16 "observed" the sabbath days, festivals,, and new moons, these are "Eternal" and will be in the New Heaven and Earth

Isaiah 66:22-23KJV
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

All that means is there will be ongoing worship not that the 4th commandment will be obeyed. That was fulfilled by Christ along with all the old law and now that law is gone. Paul said it was dead and rotting and he was correct.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that means is there will be ongoing worship not that the 4th commandment will be obeyed. That was fulfilled by Christ along with all the old law and now that law is gone. Paul said it was dead and rotting and he was correct.
At no time has the 7th day sabbath of rest been revoked or replaced

Just as the other 9 commandments haven't been revoked or replaced

It's was the Emperor Constantine in 321AD that "Sunday" was established as a day of rest, and the Catholic Church in Constatines Rome has been keeping it going ever since

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At no time has the 7th day sabbath of rest been revoked or replaced

It's been fulfilled by Christ. We no longer have to cease work, not cook, not have fire or light etc on a Saturday.

Just as the other 9 commandments haven't been revoked or replaced

Moral laws are part of the NT law of Christ.

It's was the Emperor Constantine in 321AD that "Sunday" was established as a day of rest, and the Catholic Church in Constatines Rome has been keeping it going ever since

There is no longer a "day of rest". A Christian may work everyday or not work on any day they choose.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those mentioned in Colossians 2:16 "observed" the sabbath days, festivals,, and new moons, these are "Eternal" and will be in the New Heaven and Earth
Did they execute gays, adulterers and those who work on weekends as Moses COMMANDED?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Now Jesus is the Sabbath and we rest in Him.

Hebrew 4:1-3 - God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. 2 For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God. 3 For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said,

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did they execute gays, adulterers and those who work on weekends as Moses COMMANDED?
I fully agree "The Law Of Moses" was nailed to the cross of Jesus Christ, no question

However the 10 commandments are alive and well today, they have never been revoked or replaced, all 10

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree "The Law Of Moses" was nailed to the cross of Jesus Christ, no question

However the 10 commandments are alive and well today, they have never been revoked or replaced, all 10
The 10 were part of the Law.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sabbath and new moons are eternal, and will be observed in the New Heavens and Earth

Colossians 2:16-17KJV
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 10 were part of the Law.
They are the commandments of God, written by God himself, they have never been revoked or replaced, all 10 are alive and well today

The pharisees corrupted the Sabbath through legalism, Jesus clearly taught you could do good on the sabbath, heal a person, pick an ear of corn, etc

You will closely note Jesus clearly teaches "The Sabbath" was made for man, he never stated he "Replaced" the sabbath as many falsely claim

On the 7th day God rested, on the 7th day man rests, it's simple

Mark 2:23-28KJV
23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are the commandments of God, written by God himself, they have never been revoked or replaced, all 10 are alive and well today

The pharisees corrupted the Sabbath through legalism, Jesus clearly taught you could do good on the sabbath, heal a person, pick an ear of corn, etc

You will closely note Jesus clearly teaches "The Sabbath" was made for man, he never stated he "Replaced" the sabbath as many falsely claim

On the 7th day God rested, on the 7th day man rests, it's simple

Mark 2:23-28KJV
23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
The Law COMMANDS to execute those who work on weekends. You can't pick and choose the parts you like.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law COMMANDS to execute those who work on weekends. You can't pick and choose the parts you like.
Once again, no place in the 10 commandments does it state to "Execute/Kill" anyone

The 10 commandments are not the law of Moses as you suggest, they are "Gods" commands that have never been revoked or replaced

(God's Ten Commandments)

Exodus 20:1-17KJV
1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The believers that keep the commandments are blessed, they will be great in the eternal kingdom, read it before your eyes

Will you be called least in the kingdom?

Revelation 14:12KJV
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14KJV
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:14KJV
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Are you really saying we should execute gays and those who work on weekends?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sabbath and new moons are eternal, and will be observed in the New Heavens and Earth

They aren't official celebrations or anything. The Sabbath is Jesus, who fulfilled the Saturday Sabbath, and new moons happen every month and aren't anything important in Christianity.

Colossians 2:16-17KJV
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

That proves your position wrong.

Seed? No seed exists in the NT NHNE. This is old prophecy before the new covenant happened.

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

See carcasses? Immortal worms? No lol

Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

None of this chp has anything to do with the NT NHNE. This is something from long ago, not applicable to the future.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They aren't official celebrations or anything. The Sabbath is Jesus, who fulfilled the Saturday Sabbath, and new moons happen every month and aren't anything important in Christianity.

That proves your position wrong.

Seed? No seed exists in the NT NHNE. This is old prophecy before the new covenant happened.

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

See carcasses? Immortal worms? No lol

Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

None of this chp has anything to do with the NT NHNE. This is something from long ago, not applicable to the future.
We Strongly Disagree

The Lake of fire is in the New Heaven and Earth, outside the gates of New Jerusalem, same place seen below

Isaiah 66:22-24KJV

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Revelation 22:14-15KJV

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Strongly Disagree

The Lake of fire is in the New Heaven and Earth, outside the gates of New Jerusalem, same place seen below

The LOF is not on the new Earth, nor is it anywhere close to NJ. The verse is simply saying there are no wicked people in the city, not that they live just outside of the walls.

Isaiah 66:22-24KJV
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Revelation 22:14-15KJV

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LOF is not on the new Earth, nor is it anywhere close to NJ. The verse is simply saying there are no wicked people in the city, not that they live just outside of the walls.
I Strongly Disagree As Shown

Jesus Is The Lord

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Strongly Disagree As Shown

Nothing was "shown". I am outside of Mars but doesn't mean I live right at or close by Mars. Rev 20 shows the GWTJ and LOF judgment to be away from heaven and Earth. This location is outside of NJ, but not close by. Also, Rev 21 forbids pain etc on the new Earth so, no, the lake of fire is not on the new Earth.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing was "shown". I am outside of Mars but doesn't mean I live right at or close by Mars. Rev 20 shows the GWTJ and LOF judgment to be away from heaven and Earth. This location is outside of NJ, but not close by. Also, Rev 21 forbids pain etc on the new Earth so, no, the lake of fire is not on the new Earth.
Once Again, I Strongly Disagree With Your Eschatology

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Again, I Strongly Disagree With Your Eschatology

Silently disagree because you don't even address the specifics...just a lame "I disagree". All that is to me is a "surrender white flag".

The lake of fire RIGHT NEXT to new Jerusalem. Nice eternity you have!