You decide if this means 16 gospels ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all and this will the third time I have written about this .

This is a contention on the sites that I am on , where almost all agree that there is only one Gospel , but never seem to have verse to back up their claim .

In the first 6 , 3 are related to man and 3 are related to angels .

#1 , The Gospel of the Kingdom , and this gospel was preached to Israel , by the 12 apostles in Luke 4:43 and 8:1 .

#2 , The Gospel of the Grace of God , that was EXCLUSIVELY given to Paul only , and the Only to be proclaimed , for today , Acts 20:24 .

#3 , The Abrahamic Covenant , that God preached to Abram and the only known message that is called a Gospel in the OT , Gen 12

#4 , The BIRTH of John the Baptist , is spoken as a Gospel ( EUAGGELIZO ) which means " to preach the Gospel ) in Luke 1:19 .

#5 , The BIRTH of Jesus Christ is also spoken by an Angel and EUAGGELIZO is also used , Luke 2:10 .

#6 , The Everlasting Gospel also spoken by an Angel in Rev 14:6and 7 .
Verse 7 says that this Gospel is one of Judgment .

The Gospel of Christ is a title mention by Paul 10 times and this Gospel is known by other NAMES !!

#1 , Gospel of His Son , Rom 1:9

#2, My Gospel , Rom 2:16 ; 16:25 ; 2 Tim 2:8

#3 , Gospel of your salvation , Eph 1:13

#4 , Glorious Gospel of Christ , 2 Cor 4:4

#5 , Gospel of the Uncircumcision Gal 2:7

#6 , Gospel of God , Rom 1:1 and Rom 16:25

#7 , Glorious Gospel of the blessed God , 1 Tim 1:11

#8 , Gospel o0f Peace , Rom 10:15 and Eph 6:15

#9 , Christ;s Gospel , 2 Cor 2:12

#10 , The Gospel 0f the Grace of God , Acts 20:24

The Gospel of the Kingdom is NEVER called the Gospel of Christ , DAN P

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. Thanks. I'll have a look and analyze it. I'd like to know how you consider the Gospel of Christ (your words, and I agree) as having 10 different titles and thus, 10 different "gospels" though. But again, thanks for listing them... I'll have a look.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Ok. Thanks. I'll have a look and analyze it. I'd like to know how you consider the Gospel of Christ (your words, and I agree) as having 10 different titles and thus, 10 different "gospels" though. But again, thanks for listing them... I'll have a look.

Hi , and the last 10 are all Pauline and will never be found in the OT , but found only in Paul's letters , dan p

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

There is only one Gospel (Good news) just like there is only one God. God has so many different names, (Almighty, Mighty One, Lord, Creator, Father, Holy One, Alpha and Omega, etc), but only one God. Christ also has many names (Good Shepherd, Firstborn of the dead, Emmanuel, Lamb of God, etc.), but only one Christ. It is the same with the Gospel. Gospel means "good news" and the good news is Jesus Christ come to be our redeemer. The word "Gospel" is not found in the Old Testament because Christ is only in the New Testament, but the Old Testament foretold His coming.

In the Bible, if you read the Gospel of Matthew, the Gospel of Mark, the Gospel of Luke, and the Gospel of John, they pretty much tell the same one story about Christ.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
There is only one Gospel (Good news) just like there is only one God. God has so many different names, (Almighty, Mighty One, Lord, Creator, Father, Holy One, Alpha and Omega, etc), but only one God. Christ also has many names (Good Shepherd, Firstborn of the dead, Emmanuel, Lamb of God, etc.), but only one Christ. It is the same with the Gospel. Gospel means "good news" and the good news is Jesus Christ come to be our redeemer. The word "Gospel" is not found in the Old Testament because Christ is only in the New Testament, but the Old Testament foretold His coming.

In the Bible, if you read the Gospel of Matthew, the Gospel of Mark, the Gospel of Luke, and the Gospel of John, they pretty much tell the same one story about Christ.

Hi , and it is like Eph 4:4-6 ,

#1 , One Body
#2 , One Spirit
#3 , One Lord
#4 , One Faith
#5 , One Baptism
#6 , One God and Father
#7 , One Hope

They are One but also 7 parts which speaks to the Revelation of the Mystery and ONE also speaks of UNITY , DAN P

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Hi , and it is like Eph 4:4-6 ,

#1 , One Body
#2 , One Spirit
#3 , One Lord
#4 , One Faith
#5 , One Baptism
#6 , One God and Father
#7 , One Hope

They are One but also 7 parts which speaks to the Revelation of the Mystery and ONE also speaks of UNITY , DAN P

So, what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that there is only ONE Gospel with 16 different parts or are you saying that they are actually 16 different gospels?

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
So, what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that there is only ONE Gospel with 16 different parts or are you saying that they are actually 16 different gospels?

Hi , and I am saying that there are 6 gospels that speaki to different things !!

The , other 10 , speak to different FACETS of the Dispensation of the Grace of God, so check and you will see , ,

And yes , there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL for today , and it is the Dispensation of the Mystery , Eph 3:1-9 and Rom 16:25 , dan p

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I always thought it was 17... :huh:

A kingdom divided against itself cannot... Oops! Guess I quoted that in the wrong thread! ;)

God is not divided, he is one, and so are his people.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I always thought it was 17... :huh:

A kingdom divided against itself cannot... Oops! Guess I quoted that in the wrong thread! ;)

God is not divided, he is one, and so are his people.

Hi , Prentis , are you sure that Jesus did not bring Division ??

Luke 12:51 , Jesus says , Suppose ye that I am come to bring peace on earth ? I tell you NAY , but rather Division .and verses 52-59 say more !!

By " and so are His people " who are they ?? dan p

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are actually 4 gospels

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John

A further study will also reveal other books after those...happy discovering!!! :)

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
There are actually 4 gospels

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John

A further study will also reveal other books after those...happy discovering!!! :)

Hi , and since a " babe " knows that Gospel means Good News , , what are the good news in each book , Happy Discovering , dan p

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Hi , Prentis , are you sure that Jesus did not bring Division ??

Luke 12:51 , Jesus says , Suppose ye that I am come to bring peace on earth ? I tell you NAY , but rather Division .and verses 52-59 say more !!

By " and so are His people " who are they ?? dan p

Jesus does bring division in that he divides between the Pharisee and the disciple, and between the spiritual and the carnal... But he brings no division between those who are his, rather he prays that they be one.

The confusion and madness that you display all the while setting yourself up as a teacher is disturbing to say the least.