You Don’t Have to Change to be a Christian!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should “ Try” to be as Obedient as we can possibly be—- “ WE” are the Beneficiaries Of That Obience—- it just has Nothing to do with Salvation....that is a Gift.....it is Given to those that Trust in Jesus Plus Nothing to Save them....
Of course. However, as Matthew 7:21-23 demonstrates, some believers will be rejected by Christ. My presumption is that there are those that do believe in Christ but egregiously violate his commandments. What do you think?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those that try now and those that try later and those that try in the afterlife, this is a disciplingly hard saying. Let him who can commit to it commit to it.
Is it possible for one to commit to not sinning and then being able to live the rest of their lives without sinning?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it possible for one to commit to not sinning and then being able to live the rest of their lives without sinning?
If its possible in Heaven, then its possible on Earth.

That's what Jesus said, was our power (in Him).

The point is we will feel awful about our sin, for the rest of our lives, we don't need to make it worse, by sinning even more.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If its possible in Heaven, then its possible on Earth.

That's what Jesus said, was our power (in Him).

The point is we will feel awful about our sin, for the rest of our lives, we don't need to make it worse, by sinning even more.
Did you stop sinning? Are you planning on refraining from sin for the rest of your natural life?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A great teacher of the Word that I used to listen to used to tell people outside of the Church the following “ You don’t have to change to attend this Church, But WATCH OUT! If you start to Practice Faith , God “might” just Change You! He went on to say, “ Bring me every Sinner in town!

Haven’t really heard that particular message preached by anybody else ....Comments?
It's nonesense. The bible teaches that people will follow false teachers because they have itching ears and want messages that are pleasing to themselves.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nonesense. The bible teaches that people will follow false teachers because they have itching ears and want messages that are pleasing to themselves.

That “ pleasing message” for “ itching ears” is that Jesus is “Essential” for Salvation, but just not “ Adequate” on His own for that Salvation...I need to do MY part by making myself “ worthy” and then God will give me what I deserve! Man’s Pride will not let him admit that he is a wretched , depraved Sinner That MUST have Grace to be Saved on his “ best” day.....There are only TWO religions—- the religion Of Cain that wants to show what “ HE” did to EARN salvation and present God with His works and good deeds come Judgement Day, or the religion of Abel that says that the ONLY thing that saves is the Shed Blood Of an Innocent ......False teachers proclaim that first religion—- “ itchy ears” can't get enough of it and on Judgement Day , God will give those types exactly what they desire and think that they deserve—— Hell.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course not.....and if they did they would probably commit the biggest sin of them all- Self- Righteous Pride...

Confused, poorly taught people are ignorant as to what sin really is....God says that if you merely have an impure thought, you are an Adulterer....do these people ever worry?Worry is a sin.....One Fool that told Jesus that he “ kept the Law” was told to sell everything that he owned and give it to the poor if he wanted to merit Heaven....have any of these Grace Rejecting and deceived people done this yet? I think we all know the answer to THAT one!

There are ALSO the dreaded and seldom- discussed “ Sins of Omission “......How many strangers have you invited into your home lately to feed and clothe? You KNOW that that is the right thing to do, yet you do not Do it—- that is a Sin....

Swallow your pride and stop rejecting the ONLY hope that you have to get yourself Saved—- GRACE and Tons Of it!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. However, as Matthew 7:21-23 demonstrates, some believers will be rejected by Christ. My presumption is that there are those that do believe in Christ but egregiously violate his commandments. What do you thin
Foolish and sinning Believers are CHASTISED for their sins .....they are NOT damned for them....NO Believer goes to Hell..... Errant Believers will make it, but as Paul made clear, they will “ make it” like a man barely escaping a house fire! Every Believer has a choice to make....show up on Judgment day as a Saved man with a lot man Of Welts on his rear- end or show up with none of those welts....Wise Believers Choose the latter...

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If its possible in Heaven, then its possible on Earth

Got any Chapter and Verse for that Horse- Hockey?
There will be NO SIN in Heaven...do you think that that is “ possible” here on Earth?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That “ pleasing message” for “ itching ears” is that Jesus is “Essential” for Salvation, but just not “ Adequate” on His own for that Salvation...I need to do MY part by making myself “ worthy” and then God will give me what I deserve! Man’s Pride will not let him admit that he is a wretched , depraved Sinner That MUST have Grace to be Saved on his “ best” day.....There are only TWO religions—- the religion Of Cain that wants to show what “ HE” did to EARN salvation and present God with His works and good deeds come Judgement Day, or the religion of Abel that says that the ONLY thing that saves is the Shed Blood Of an Innocent ......False teachers proclaim that first religion—- “ itchy ears” can't get enough of it and on Judgement Day , God will give those types exactly what they desire and think that they deserve—— Hell.
The true gospel teaches to obey the commandments and God will save you. There are some exceptions. That is what the bible teaches. If you accept "ALL" of the bible and not throw out parts for itching ears. Then it all makes sense. Those who do not obey the commandments are cast into the hell, with a few exceptions.

If you teach people to obey the commandments so that God may desire to save you as a promise and do so yourself then your teaching the true Gospel, because the Lord will save you even though you have failed in all truth.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you stop sinning? Are you planning on refraining from sin for the rest of your natural life?
I stopped sinning, but my iniquity continued.

Now I wrestle with the flesh, to keep it from obeying itself.

Don't marvel at this, the time is coming when the Holy Spirit will cause everyone to wrestle with their sin.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If its possible in Heaven, then its possible on Earth

Got any Chapter and Verse for that Horse- Hockey?
There will be NO SIN in Heaven...do you think that that is “ possible” here on Earth?
Assuredly I tell you, I will give you the keys of the kingdom, and whatever you bind in Heaven will be bound on Earth and whatever you loose in Heaven will be loosed on Earth (from memory, the gospels)

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true gospel teaches to obey the commandments and God will save you.

A “ False and Perverted “ Gospel If there ever was one....
If ANYBODY could obey the Commandments, Jesus death on the Cross was a needless cruelty....

The True Gospel is NOT what man does for God—- it is what God has done for helpless and hopeless men..

A terrible Fate is awaiting those that teach your False Gospel —- they are “ Accursed !” Thats just a polite way to say that you will be Damned forever by God....don’t take my word for anything ——read Galatians 1:8....