young boy who shot teacher also planned to burn another teacher alive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to reports, the child, who was known to cause chaos in the classroom, once wrote a note stating that he hated a different teacher and wanted to set her on fire to kill her, though administrators dismissed the letter and told her to drop the issue.

It is unclear when the threat was made, however.

In a separate incident, the child barricaded himself, a teacher, and other students inside a classroom until others from across the hall were able to free them, according to the New York Post.

The shooting, which remains under investigation, has been deemed “intentional” by the Newport News Police Department.

This young kid was so terrorizing, his parents were ordered they had to attend class with him. But the day he shot his teacher, the mother stayed home. School security searched his back pack before he entered the school as they heard a report he was armed with a gun and found nothing. Multiple errors were made in how to handle this kid.
They let this kid ride for a while even while terrorizing the school. What do they do with a young child like this? I think he is 6 years old.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to reports, the child, who was known to cause chaos in the classroom, once wrote a note stating that he hated a different teacher and wanted to set her on fire to kill her, though administrators dismissed the letter and told her to drop the issue.

It is unclear when the threat was made, however.

In a separate incident, the child barricaded himself, a teacher, and other students inside a classroom until others from across the hall were able to free them, according to the New York Post.

The shooting, which remains under investigation, has been deemed “intentional” by the Newport News Police Department.

This young kid was so terrorizing, his parents were ordered they had to attend class with him. But the day he shot his teacher, the mother stayed home. School security searched his back pack before he entered the school as they heard a report he was armed with a gun and found nothing. Multiple errors were made in how to handle this kid.
They let this kid ride for a while even while terrorizing the school. What do they do with a young child like this? I think he is 6 years old.
This is why I think America should seriously take a deep breath and examine why it has such "spiritual sickness".

Look, this is what I read today on Yahoo News, it is tragic how commonplace these things have become in recent years. :(

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have only heard some reports about this story but it stated that the parents claimed the gun was secure - yet how could it have been if he was able to get hold of it!
I remember being alarmed at the age of the boy , so pleased the teacher is recovering.
So if security believed he had a gun why did they only search his backpack, did he have the gun concealed on himself ?
Are they allowed to do a body search ?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have only heard some reports about this story but it stated that the parents claimed the gun was secure - yet how could it have been if he was able to get hold of it!
I remember being alarmed at the age of the boy , so pleased the teacher is recovering.
So if security believed he had a gun why did they only search his backpack, did he have the gun concealed on himself ?
Are they allowed to do a body search ?
Secure sitting on a shelf closet where the boy could not reach it they claimed.

I also read he had brought bullets to school days earlier, showing them off to the other kids and nothing was done about that.

A hand held metal detector would have worked to find a gun.
He had it in his pants

At least 3 people warned the school he had a gun, and one of the girl students saw him with it, they were all ignored. The school superintendent is about to be fired. School security is also highly responsible in that they searched the boy and did not find it. Not much of a search. Big fat fails all around, lack of duty of care. School admin also dismissed teachers complaints about the boy.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s really interesting as the news was vague over here …….is it true that the boy himself is now ‘ in a place where he is getting help ‘ not quite sure what that means, wondered if they considered him mentally ill ( well obviously he is not well to do that in the first place )

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s really interesting as the news was vague over here …….is it true that the boy himself is now ‘ in a place where he is getting help ‘ not quite sure what that means, wondered if they considered him mentally ill ( well obviously he is not well to do that in the first place )
You guys in Britain are kind of lucky that you don't get shootings as often as we do!! I know it must seem crazy sometimes to most Europeans what American society today is like...I hope you don't think too badly of us, lots of Americans are unhappy at the state of things also.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You guys in Britain are kind of lucky that you don't get shootings as often as we do!! I know it must seem crazy sometimes to most Europeans what American society today is like...I hope you don't think too badly of us, lots of Americans are unhappy at the state of things also.
I think there are fewer shooting deaths now as a percentage of the population than a hundred fifty years plus in the past in the US. Back in the westward expansion people shot each other frequently and then there were the Indian wars after the civil war

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there are fewer shooting deaths now as a percentage of the population than a hundred fifty years plus in the past in the US. Back in the westward expansion people shot each other frequently and then there were the Indian wars after the civil war

True, but I don't think elementary school students shooting their teachers was heard of back then either. I have an older friend who's a Demorcrat, even he thinks that some things have worsened compared to when he was growing up. America has become a much more deeply divided and hardened nation than before...and so much, so much more "complicated" also. :(

He told me something to describe the change in America..."Two steps forward, one steps back". Yet I sometimes wonder whether it is the other way around, "One step forward, and two steps back."

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All countries have issues xx
We have had shootings but Guns in family homes has never been a normal part of our lives, over here there are endless knife crimes ( especially in the cities and problems with gangs )
It sounds as if there were warning signs with this child, but recently I have heard of accidents with children shooting family members because they found a gun and played with it…….
Over here guns have to be locked away, but obviously In the US you have guns in your homes to protect , which means they need to be somewhere safe but available. That must make it hard to find a safe place that is equally secure so that children can’t get them.
I saw a news report the other day of a man being shot by his dog who was in the back of van where the gun was, presuming the dog accidentally stepped on it in some weird way that made it fire . Is that a true event, is it even possible for a dog to do that !!?

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All countries have issues xx
We have had shootings but Guns in family homes has never been a normal part of our lives, over here there are endless knife crimes ( especially in the cities and problems with gangs )
It sounds as if there were warning signs with this child, but recently I have heard of accidents with children shooting family members because they found a gun and played with it…….
Over here guns have to be locked away, but obviously In the US you have guns in your homes to protect , which means they need to be somewhere safe but available. That must make it hard to find a safe place that is equally secure so that children can’t get them.
I saw a news report the other day of a man being shot by his dog who was in the back of van where the gun was, presuming the dog accidentally stepped on it in some weird way that made it fire . Is that a true event, is it even possible for a dog to do that !!?
What do you think Americans could do to help stop gun violence in the future? Do you as an outside have any ideas or comments? :)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think Americans could do to help stop gun violence in the future? Do you as an outside have any ideas or comments? :)
I honestly don’t know because I don’t live in the USA and have never had them as a source of security, they are not something I am dependent on, and I think that is why it’s such a difficult issue. If someone was to make an order that no one in the U.K. should have any knives on the premises, well that would make me react. I have no intention of stabbing anyone but should I need to defend myself I would use one. ( mind you all my knives are blunt so I am not sure I would do much harm !!!! )
There have been endless debates on the subject and I have contributed to a few as a member here but have come to realise that unless you live somewhere you cannot fully grasp anything enough to make any comments about what should be done, they end up being opinions based on only what you know but not on experience of living in that country.
Rita

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are many many cities in the US where hearing gunfire is common. That means usually someone is shooting at someone or something they should not be shooting at and they are not very accurate hitting what they intend. I was reading a forum poster who flies and he said some places at night you can see the gunfire from the air almost like some middle east city when he was in the military. Some people actually shoot at whatever flies overhead.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Business owner shooting looters in Buffalo, NY.
States like California though this will result in arrests of the business owners.
In a local Lowes hardware store, I went to get some nyloc nuts, and every package is gone, they supposed to have 12 on hand. I say what's up to a worker, and he says they are all stolen. They are told not to stop anyone from stealing anything from the store, just let them take what they want. Thefts are so bad at Walmart, the company says they will close stores in certain places and they have to raise prices. Some store in some cities will not let customers enter the store, all sales are done at bullet proof windows. People will go into stores with plastic trash bags, fill them up and walk out. One Walmart scam is thieves swapping barcodes from cheap common stuff onto expensive items, they go thru self checkout so they appear to have bought the items.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A common sight in inner cities, stolen emptied packages litter the place.
The US is one lawless country in some cities. Not seen this along railroad tracks where I live, this here is LA, California.
This is from just one month of looting. Looters jump on moving trains and break in.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly don’t know because I don’t live in the USA and have never had them as a source of security, they are not something I am dependent on, and I think that is why it’s such a difficult issue. If someone was to make an order that no one in the U.K. should have any knives on the premises, well that would make me react. I have no intention of stabbing anyone but should I need to defend myself I would use one. ( mind you all my knives are blunt so I am not sure I would do much harm !!!! )
There have been endless debates on the subject and I have contributed to a few as a member here but have come to realise that unless you live somewhere you cannot fully grasp anything enough to make any comments about what should be done, they end up being opinions based on only what you know but not on experience of living in that country.
Rita
I think, as I mentioned in another thread, it is a deeper spiritual crisis that is at play here. It is not just physical violence, but spiritual violence, psychological and emotional warfare in America's future generation.

That boy also tried to choke another teacher...so I agree, it is more than just weapons or no weapons, it is a much more complicated issue.

I think the parents are also to blame, half of these young shooters might have been stopped if their mother and father raised them correctly or at least noticed the warning signs of mental illness / instability. :(

Reactions: Scott Downey