Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk

Not so much except this song here by Miqedem. It's Psalm 23. I was playing a little on the lyre the other day, not really thinking about it, and it reminded me of it.

Reactions: farouk

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that I have an absolute favorite, but Psalm 27 has always been very special to me. I discovered it in high school, and it struck a chord. The Psalm is all about enduring, persevering, never giving up, looking ahead, clinging to God's promises, seeking His beauty and His presence when the world around you is cruel and unforgiving and falling apart. I needed that message back then, just as much as I need it now.

I also like Psalm 121. I struggle with anxiety, fear, nightmares, loneliness. Knowing that God is my keeper, He's never asleep, He's still watching when I'm alone in the dark, struggling to sleep... it's very comforting.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know that I have an absolute favorite, but Psalm 27 has always been very special to me. I discovered it in high school, and it struck a chord. The Psalm is all about enduring, persevering, never giving up, looking ahead, clinging to God's promises, seeking His beauty and His presence when the world around you is cruel and unforgiving and falling apart. I needed that message back then, just as much as I need it now.

I also like Psalm 121. I struggle with anxiety, fear, nightmares, loneliness. Knowing that God is my keeper, He's never asleep, He's still watching when I'm alone in the dark, struggling to sleep... it's very comforting.
@UnrulyBeauty Thank-you! so assuring, so comforting those Psalms are!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
il_570xN.1593798579_o7kz.jpg
etsy

@UnrulyBeauty

Reactions: Pathfinder7