your mind is your biggest enermy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I used to think that your mind, not you specifically, was my biggest enemy, but I know better now.
When I stop and listen to the mind of Christ, things go well for me.
Otherwise, I just end up spinning my wheels.
Humanism: any thought or idea that originates in the human mind.
There is a way that seems right but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The battle always seems to start in the mind. Satan attacks us with lies all the time, and any "wrong" thinking is an opening for the evil one to slip in and play all kinds of havoc with your thoughts.. We must guard our hearts and our minds.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An idle mind is the devil workshop, that's why it is called the bottomless pit, no foundations. hence the reason why we need the mind of Christ, because TRUTH have "FOUNDATIONS.", you can stand on the truth. but a lie, you'll fall everytime. so with that spine, get something for it to stand on.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An idle mind is the devil workshop, that's why it is called the bottomless pit, no foundations. hence the reason why we need the mind of Christ, because TRUTH have "FOUNDATIONS.", you can stand on the truth. but a lie, you'll fall everytime. so with that spine, get something for it to stand on.

PICJAG

Amen bro!
Christ is the one who never changes and never leaves us. We can count on Him BECAUSE He never changes or moves from us. He IS the foundation that never moves so, let's all hold on very tight to Him, He is our life raft. :)

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen bro!
Christ is the one who never changes and never leaves us. We can count on Him BECAUSE He never changes or moves from us. He IS the foundation that never moves so, let's all hold on very tight to Him, He is our life raft. :)
Amen Sister, and we don't even need any life jackets, for he is our "ARK" of safety, well built to take on any and every rouge wave in the ocean of sin. .

One point, N

PICJAG

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Sister, and we don't even need any life jackets, for he is our "ARK" of safety, well built to take on any and every rouge wave in the ocean of sin. .

One point, N

PICJAG

Yes, even better.
One point P :D

Reactions: 101G

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is my understanding that the soul is corrupt and includes mind, will, emotions.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my understanding that the soul is corrupt and includes mind, will, emotions.

The term is carnally minded and what your saying doesn't fit with the bible teachings, please see Romans 8:6-8

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The term is carnally minded and what your saying doesn't fit with the bible teachings, please see Romans 8:6-8

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
I find I statements to be most effective.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I first believed John 3:16, I was found not guilty because Jesus suffered for me.
My spirit was also reborn.
I was justified.
When I started obeying Luke 9:23, I began to receive the goal of my faith, the sanctification of my soul.
Capice?

Reactions: dev553344

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I first believed John 3:16, I was found not guilty because Jesus suffered for me.
My spirit was also reborn.
I was justified.
When I started obeying Luke 9:23, I began to receive the goal of my faith, the sanctification of my soul.
Capice?
I sure like those meerkats. They are so cute! :)

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure like those meerkats. They are so cute! :)

Apparently mine is a watcher type protecting the other meerkats. At least that's what I was told.

But yeah, we're all of different faiths here. Mine is a little more strict and I'm trying to live correctly, but it's a work in progress. I'm learning I think that my mind is more at peace and love when I serve others or try to be honest and good and serve. Then I have peace and love as stated in Galatians 5:22-25 and I think that helps the spiritual minded person. But peace and love come from God of course as a portion of the Holy Spirit.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Apparently mine is a watcher type protecting the other meerkats. At least that's what I was told.

But yeah, we're all of different faiths here. Mine is a little more strict and I'm trying to live correctly, but it's a work in progress. I'm learning I think that my mind is more at peace and love when I serve others or try to be honest and good and serve. Then I have peace and love as stated in Galatians 5:22-25 and I think that helps the spiritual minded person. But peace and love come from God of course as a portion of the Holy Spirit.
upload_2021-1-12_16-9-24.png

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344