You're a new believer. What now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say to study any of these forms?
No I say "STUDY" the Word of God through the Spirit of God !

Overwhelmingly we are told to hear the word of God in scripture.

Not sure why you got offended so much.

If you read the Bible you will see that hearing and obeying are the principle things.

And knowing how the word “study” is abused these days it’s wise to exhort to read, not study. Meditate on the word is the preferred phrase.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Overwhelmingly we are told to hear the word of God in scripture.

Not sure why you got offended so much.

If you read the Bible you will see that hearing and obeying are the principle things.

And knowing how the word “study” is abused these days it’s wise to exhort to read, not study. Meditate on the word is the preferred phrase.
Lol.
I'm sorry but I'm a "Peter" personality......brash, impulsive, guick to speak,slow to hear,.....plz forgive any not intended offenses.

It may seem as if I get "offended" but not really so much....may be just a communication issue.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once person converts to christianity. The next step is to increase in knowledge of Gods word. Romans chapter 12 and ephesians chapter 3, the body of christ has different functions. Some are pastors, teachers, and evangelists or singers. Its about edifying the body of Christ. You utilize your gifts and abilities to honor God. John chapter 15, Jesus expects body of christ to produce fruit. James chapter 2, faith and works go together. Abraham established he was doer of Gods word. Those who are hearers only deceiving themselves. The Doers of the word, produce fruit for God. New Christian must study the bible and keep increasing in the knowledge of Gods word. Producing fruit is the key. If someone is illiterate of God's word, how can Jesus use that individual to plant seeds for God. The body of christ must have spirtual growth. Move away from the milk and into meat of God's word . Those who stay on milk, are no use to God. Increase in knowledge of God, have spirtual growth. James chapter 1 to document.

Reactions: 07-07-07