Youth group activity...hmm

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kellywellydoodle

May 30, 2008
Our youth group leader has asked us all to lead one night of youth...ie. prepare a game and then explain the significance behind it. I do look forward to doing this...but I really don't know what I could do games wise. I am 17 and the oldest person there is 23...I'm finding it hard to find anything that is suitable for our kind of age group. I want it to be really thought provoking and fun but now it's getting closer to the time i'm doing it (27th) I'm finding it difficult to think of anything...bearing in mind there's only about 6 of us there...Anyone think of anything?Would be greatful for any ideas. I just want something that's going to be relevant to us all...because I'm the only girl there so I want something that will interest them as well as me...Thanks a lot guys,God bless K xxx

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
Do you know how to play euchre? It's a great 4 player game. Just tell the other two to be the cheering section LOL. Just kidding of course. I have never been in a youth group but can you explain what kind of game exactly you are allowed to prepare. Sports? cards? gameboards? etc.

Kellywellydoodle

May 30, 2008
I dunno...maybe game is the wrong word...more a fun activity...Cos we'r at someone's house so we'r limited to someone's livingroom/conservatory/back garden...For example, Andy is a plumber...and what he did was he got us all to make like a copper square thing from copper piping and plastic corners...and all the different parts prevented leakages when we put water in and that was symbolic of how we all have different jobs but we're all equally important in preventing the 'leakages' both in society and in the church community.Dunno...just something that has a symbol behind it

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Kelly: I'm almost 50 and my youngest son is about your age, so keep that in mind if what I say sounds a little "lame" as we are often called. However, with youth groups, the goal ought to be learning something about the bible, and yet keeping it fun.Frankly, I'd suggest getting a few pizzas, sodas and chips and maybe while enjoying that play some sort of bible word game that is similar to the games that folks play, e.g Bible Trivial Pursuit. Or on a similar line, how about taking bible character names on tags and handing them out to people and have them arrange them in the chronological order that they happened? (Maybe the pastor needs to stop by to confirm that one
biggrin.gif
) Then, conclude the events with a Christian DVD with some lesson or message of some sort.I'm sure your local Christian bookstore would have such items. And again, I'm sure if there was pizza involved it would be like a party for the sake of eating alone that might hold their interest and can learn some things at the same time. However, as old fashioned as I may sound, there ought to be some fun learning involved.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(tim_from_pa;52658)
Kelly: I'm almost 50 and my youngest son is about your age, so keep that in mind if what I say sounds a little "lame" as we are often called. However, with youth groups, the goal ought to be learning something about the bible, and yet keeping it fun.Frankly, I'd suggest getting a few pizzas, sodas and chips and maybe while enjoying that play some sort of bible word game that is similar to the games that folks play, e.g Bible Trivial Pursuit. Or on a similar line, how about taking bible character names on tags and handing them out to people and have them arrange them in the chronological order that they happened? (Maybe the pastor needs to stop by to confirm that one
biggrin.gif
) Then, conclude the events with a Christian DVD with some lesson or message of some sort.I'm sure your local Christian bookstore would have such items. And again, I'm sure if there was pizza involved it would be like a party for the sake of eating alone that might hold their interest and can learn some things at the same time. However, as old fashioned as I may sound, there ought to be some fun learning involved.
...mmm pizza...yuuuum!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
..mmm pizza...yuuuum!
See what I mean? Take it from a fine young gentleman. The pizza will be so good, that even boring games or activities will seem great!
biggrin.gif