• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
That reference there to "words" is not a reference to Jesus personally, but rather to what He says. There is no reference in the Scriptures that speak of Jesus as the "Living Word".

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
That reference there to "words" is not a reference to Jesus personally, but rather to what He says. There is no reference in the Scriptures that speak of Jesus as the "Living Word".
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
questions of words=strife= is sin people..

1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
questions of words=strife= is sin people..

1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
So if I question you, that means to you that I am foolish and unlearned. What an arrogant and narcissistic view. I do love it when someone condemns another for shortcomings he himself exhibits.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus was the Living word of God.

Gods Living word became flesh, His Name was JESUS!

Some don’t seem to understand that Gods Spirit is a Living Spirit....they seem to think the written word is God...it’s not...his written word backs up His Living word....His Living word will NEVER contradict His written word .

We must be Born Again of imperishable seed/ A Born Again can’t sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed...the Spirit cannot indwell a sinner.

JESUS: God’s LIVING WORD​

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God…The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:1, 14​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JunChosen

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the Living word of God.

Gods Living word became flesh, His Name was JESUS!

Some don’t seem to understand that Gods Spirit is a Living Spirit....they seem to think the written word is God...it’s not...his written word backs up His Living word....His Living word will NEVER contradict His written word .

We must be Born Again of imperishable seed/ A Born Again can’t sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed...the Spirit cannot indwell a sinner.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God…The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:1, 14​

The Scriptures do not refer to Jesus as God's Living word. That is something that you made up. If you wish to think that about Jesus, you are free to do that, but please do not try to pass it off as scriptural designation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Living word who was Jesus, he spoke everything the Father told Him to speak,..Jesus was the seed of the Living God, Jesus was the Living word from the very beginning....that is Biblical, those who teach Jesus was not the Living word of God “LIE”.....they are in error...remember.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Same as when God births our spirit into His “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “ that is the Living word of God that we receive when we have been Born Of The Spirit ....

Our spirit is Born Again from the “ Living “ word of God.

As His word says, The Spirit Is Alive And Active....imperative that we receive the supernatural/ spiritual rebirth from God ,via His Spirit .

3:16Paul tells us that there is only ONE seed of Abraham, and this seed is Christ. In Christ all the nations are blessed, and He came to take upon Himself the curse of the law and deliver us from the curse (Gal. 3:13-14).

John 1:14​

King James Version​

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And the word was made flesh , and dwelt among us, God became flesh.....the Living word was made flesh.that flesh was Jesus.

John 1:14tells us what really happened 2000 years ago and what it means to us today. The Word became flesh; that is God was united with a human nature in one person, and was truly man and truly God who lived in history as Jesus Christ. He came into the world to save sinners in order to fulfill God's plan.

In Jesus Name, Amen!

Last edited:
Reactions: JunChosen

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have no idea about the spirit things of God why call it nonsense!!

To God Be The Glory
I think I understand reasonably well the meaning of being born again of water and Spirit. That is why I called it nonsense. And further, "birthed our spirits into His"???? As I asked, what could that possibly mean? It is nothing short of gibberish.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who said it was spiritual?
Let me give you an earthly analogy.

When a person is appointed to represent his country as an ambassador by the president, to another country, doesn't he represent (mouthpiece, as you will) for his president and country?? Same idea with God and Jesus, see that??

To God Be the Glory
I think I understand reasonably well the meaning of being born again of water and Spirit. That is why I called it nonsense.
Can you expound to us the meaning of the term "being born again of water and Spirit" and why you called it nonsense? Thanks.
And further, "birthed our spirits into His"???? As I asked, what could that possibly mean? It is nothing short of gibberish.
To those who have no idea about the things of God would think the things of God are gibberish. But to those who can discern the things of God would turn to John 1:12-14:

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Hard to tell if someone who says they sin=lies, is telling the truth in anything isnt it...

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

1 John 1:
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned , we make HIM a liar, and HIS Word is not in us.
11. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the FATHER, Jesus Christ the righteous:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you expound to us the meaning of the term "being born again of water and Spirit" and why you called it nonsense? Thanks.
I didn't call "being born again of water and Spirit" nonsense. I called "birthed our spirit into His" nonsense. I stand by that.

As for being born again of water and Spirit, I would point out here that it was well defined and illustrated by Peter in his sermon on the day of Pentecost where he told his listeners who apparently believed what he had just told them about Jesus Christ to "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). I understand both, Acts 2:36-41 and John 3: 3-8, to be describing salvation of the person being baptized and being born again.

• Love

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
1 John 1:
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned , we make HIM a liar, and HIS Word is not in us.
11. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the FATHER, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
So if I question you, that means to you that I am foolish and unlearned.
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE WREST, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I didn't call "being born again of water and Spirit" nonsense. I called "birthed our spirit into His" nonsense. I stand by that.

As for being born again of water and Spirit, I would point out here that it was well defined and illustrated by Peter in his sermon on the day of Pentecost where he told his listeners who apparently believed what he had just told them about Jesus Christ to "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). I understand both, Acts 2:36-41 and John 3: 3-8, to be describing salvation of the person being baptized and being born again.
Born of the Spirit sees Peter doing the work that the Spirit gave him to do, by giving Peter the Spirit to do it with.

If we repent of strife, we cant still do the same strife...

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE WREST, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Right back atcha. You seem to be self-described by such passages.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed, some aren’t aware that we have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

A Born Again does not sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed...that is the Living word of God?

Where is His Living word delivered to?

To understand his Living word, one must be Born Of The Spirit...then Gods written word backs up His Living word...