‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you think the hearing the Lord voice is "overstepping" what is written in the Scriptures????
Yes.
Have you ever heard anything like "Karl, I want you to preach the Word of God, but not like it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM THE WORD OF GOD!" and then felt a power in the words "I AM' which sent you falling? I was just wondering, becuase I have experienced that and so much more!!

What "Scriptures" have you been reading???? Let me help you with the Bible verses:
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Have you ever heard anything like "Karl, I want you to preach the Word of God, but not like it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM THE WORD OF GOD!" and then felt a power in the words "I AM' which sent you falling? I was just wondering, becuase I have experienced that and so much more!!
2 cents short of the lunch box.
Maybe you listen to Joyce Meyer.
Cheers.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
People, that are so self consumed by their self righteous importance to God, his kingdom and believer's truth, in fact really become in themselves a part of the anti- Christ, in his movement against God !

We have several of those here.
1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

. John 4 is a very specialized literary unit on how Christians assess and verify those who claim to speak for God. This passage is related to

1. these false prophets called antichrists (cf. 1 John 2:18-25)

2. those who try to deceive (cf. 1 John 2:26; 3:7)

3. possibly those who claim knowledge of special spiritual truths (cf. 1 John 3:24)

To fully understand the predicament of the early Christians one must recognize that many claimed to speak for God (cf. 1 Cor. 12:10; 14:29; 1 Thess. 5:20-21; 1 John 4:1-6). There was no complete and available New Testament. Spiritual discernment involved both doctrinal and social tests (cf. James 3:1-12).

Miracles are not automatically signs of God's activity (i.e., Matt. 7:21-23; 24:24).

B. 1 John is extremely hard to outline because of the recurring pattern of themes. This is surely true in 1 John 4. It seems that this chapter re-emphasizes truths which were taught in earlier chapters, especially the believers' need to love one another (cf. 1 John 4:7-21; 2:7-12 and 3:11-24).

C. John is writing both to combat the false teachers and to encourage the true believers. He does this by using several tests:

1. the doctrinal test (belief in Jesus, cf. 1 John 2:18-25; 4:1-3,14-16; 5:1,5,10)

2. lifestyle test (obedience, cf. 1 John 2:3-7; 3:1-10, 22-24)

3. the social test (love, cf. 1 John 2:7-11; 3:11-18; 4:7-12,16-21; 5:1-2)

Different parts of Scripture relate to different false teachers. 1 John addresses the heresy of Gnostic false teachers. See Introduction to 1 John, the Heresy. Other parts of the NT address other untruths (cf. John 1:13; Rom. 10:9-13; 1 Cor. 12:3). Each context must be studied separately to ascertain what error is being addressed. There was error from several sources.

1. Jewish legalists

2. Greek philosophers

3. Greek antinomians

4. those who claimed special spiritual revelation or experiences.

"do not believe" This is a PRESENT IMPERATIVE with a NEGATIVE PARTICLE which usually means to stop an act already in process.

The tendency of Christians is to accept strong personalities, logical arguments, or miraculous events as from God. Apparently the false teachers were claiming (1) to speak for God or (2) to have had a special revelation from God.

In 2 John 7-11 it may relate to traveling teachers who wanted to speak in the house churches.

- "every spirit" "Spirit" is used in the sense of a human person. See note at 1 John 4:6. This refers to a supposed message from God. Heresy comes from within the church (cf. 1 John 2:19) or traveling teachers (2 John 7-11). The false teachers were claiming to speak for God. John asserts that there are two spiritual sources, God or Satan, behind human speech and action.

You would agree this is NOT a Church-right?

-"but test the spirits" This is a PRESENT ACTIVE IMPERATIVE. This is both a spiritual gift (cf. 1 Cor. 12:10; 14:29) and a necessity for every believer, as are prayer, evangelism, and giving. This Greek word dokimazō has the connotation of "to test with a view toward approval." Believers must think the best of others unless the worst is proven (cf. 1 Cor. 13:4-7; 1 Thess. 5:20-21).

believe not: Deu_13:1-5; Pro_14:15; Jer_5:31, Jer_29:8-9; Mat_7:15-16, Mat_24:4-5; Rom_16:18; 2Pe_2:1
try: Luk_12:57; Act_17:11; Rom_16:19; 1Co_14:29; 1Th_5:21; Rev_2:2

many: 1Jn_2:18; Mat_24:5, Mat_24:23-26; Mar_13:21; Luk_21:8; Act_20:29; 1Ti_4:1; 2Ti_3:13; 2Pe_2:1; 2Jn_1:7

Stay strong-there's a veil of utter delusion on this Forum.

Johann.
You need to stay strong in Christ-rooted and grounded IN HIM-sealed with the Holy Spirit.
The very fact that you can pick up these errors is indicative that you have discernment-given to you by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Similarly to Moses being like God to Phararoh because he spoke on behalf of God we are like Gods as we represent God as well.
So we are like God's?
With a capital "G" nogal.
Are you too "hearing" voices and in the Word of Faith "movement" [Cult]

Should be interesting.
Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are missing it-big time-

Most people want to hear God’s voice when they are facing a decision. If only God would speak to them and tell them which choice to make or which direction to embark upon. Many people will claim to have heard God’s voice, saying, “God led me to do this,” when in fact it was simply their own thoughts and desires that led them in a particular direction.

The primary way that God speaks to us today is through His revealed, written Word. When we want to hear God’s voice, the Bible is where we should look. Most of the will of God for our lives is already fully revealed in its pages, and it is simply a matter of our obedience to it. All of Scripture is the will of God, but there are a few places in Scripture that specifically use the term will of God, which may be especially interesting to a person who wants to hear God’s voice:

• 1 Thessalonians 4:3: “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality.”

• 1 Thessalonians 5:18: “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

• 1 Peter 2:12–15: “Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.”

Other passages also let us hear God’s voice, even if they don’t use the phrase the will of God. But, just taking the three above passages, we know that a Christian should always give thanks in every circumstance, avoid sexual immorality, and live an exemplary life. If a Christian does not follow these clear dictates given directly by God through inspired Scripture, why should he or she expect to hear more information from God? If you want further direction from God, obey what He has already told you. A heart willing to listen and obey is the key to hearing from God.

The primary way that a Christian hears God’s voice is through reading and studying Scripture and then obeying and applying what the Scripture says. People often rely upon “the leading of the Holy Spirit,” which is spoken of in Romans 8:14. In context, the passage speaks of the Spirit’s leading us away from sinful activity and into a confidence in our relationship with God as Father. The Holy Spirit will never lead contrary to Scripture.

If a person is considering having an affair, the Spirit will only lead in one direction—toward marital fidelity. The Spirit might very well bring a verse like 1 Thessalonians 4:3 to mind for the person being tempted.

When the Spirit leads, He is not imparting “new” information as much as He is impressing on our hearts the truth God has already revealed in Scripture and applying it to our situation.

If a person says, “God told me” or “The Spirit led me to do such and such,” and the action taken is contrary to Scripture, we can be sure the person is mistaken.

We can also hear God’s voice as God speaks through other people. “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed” (Proverbs 15:22). Good counselors or advisers can help us see a situation with new eyes.

Again, the Bible is key. Biblical preaching and biblically sound Christian material can be put in the “advisers” category. The Word of God is the control. If a bunch of counselors advise a person to do something contrary to Scripture, then they are all wrong, no matter what their credentials; however, if the advisers help an individual understand and apply Scripture, then they can be helpful. Godly advisers can often see areas that an individual is blind to. A group of advisers may discern that the person seeking to hear God’s voice concerning a particular plan is in reality seeking approval of his own personal agenda.

Another way to hear God’s voice is to pray and ask for wisdom: “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you” (James 1:5). When a Christian is facing difficult circumstances and needs to hear from God, the Christian should ask for the wisdom that God promises to give.

This wisdom will ultimately come from God, but it may come through the word of a friend; through a sermon, article, or book; or from the inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Once again, the written Word of God is the standard by which all thoughts, actions, ideas, and feelings must be judged.

In this day of self-proclaimed prophets and the promotion of “new revelations” from God, people often mistake the voice of God for their own thoughts or the suggestions of other people. If you are hearing God’s voice, then the message will always be in accord with Scripture. We should all take great care not to misrepresent God. Instead of saying, “God told me this,” a better approach would be to say, “I think God may be saying this—what do you think?”

J.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So we are like God's?
With a capital "G" nogal.
Are you too "hearing" voices and in the Word of Faith "movement" [Cult]

Should be interesting.
Johann.
We are not multiple Gods or gods, but multiple people representing the same God...

As someone who has the Holy Spirit living in me I can say he does guide, but not necessarily with an audible voice like those in Moses day heard. If not for the Holy Spirit interpretation of the Scriptures would be futile.
Every Christian must have heard the call to believe in Jesus for their salvation, at the very least, and if you did not you should while it is still possible.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are not multiple Gods or gods, but multiple people representing the same God...

As someone who has the Holy Spirit living in me I can say he does guide, but not necessarily with an audible voice like those in Moses day heard. If not for the Holy Spirit interpretation of the Scriptures would be futile.
Every Christian must have heard the call to believe in Jesus for their salvation, at the very least, and if you did not you should while it is still possible.
Well said-you had me worried for a second there.
Many here claiming to "hear" voices and new revelation.
God bless brother.
Johann

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Reading the orderly line upon lines in the Bible a little here and there is by no means hearing the Lord talk to you personally!!!!!!
So, according to your illogical reasoning-"No need to study the Scriptures-toss it aside, I will go on what the "voice" is telling me what to do-"

Thanks, but no thanks.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, according to your illogical reasoning-"No need to study the Scriptures-toss it aside, I will go on what the "voice" is telling me what to do-"

Thanks, but no thanks.
Yep,
Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Karl, not to impugn you, but "God" voices and works which are not of God come to others.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yep,
Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Is it just me-or do we have some "crazies" here @Cassandra?

Powerful Scripture quotation.
J.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 cents short of the lunch box.
Maybe you listen to Joyce Meyer.
Cheers.

And yet I prove by Scripture after Scripture after Scripture after Scripture that His sheep hear His voice

So you don't even believe the Scriptures!!

Jesus talked about that problem!

Jn 5:44 - 47
“How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?
“Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope.
“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Jesus told the Jews at that time:

Jn 5:38 - 41
“You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.
“I do not receive glory from men;

So we read Scripture after Scripture after Scripture, but you don't believe what is written. You can take what you read and consider how they might apply to your life. If you believed the sacred writings you would have applied it to your life and sought the voice of the Lord!

Also let me cover this mistake that you wrote:

Thanks, but no thanks.

It is written that the Scriptures are not for our interpretation but rather we need the Holy Spirit because He was involved in getting them written. So let me show you where you are wrong by what I heard from the Lord via His Holy Spirit. On the subject and wrong conclusion of thinking that His disciples have "No need to study the Scriptures - understand this from the Holy Spirit! He once told me:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

So of course, as The Teacher, He gave us a text book to study for class!! And the obedient student reads and studies the text book as the Teacher assigns us! Yet if you are not listening to Him, you are not His pupil, not His student, and not His disciple!! And it shows!!

Did you not even read in the book:

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Of course the Scriptures are inspired by God and so the Teacher, Jesus Christ, can use them for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness!!

But maybe you missed the fact the Scriptures refer to Him as the Teacher??? Oh more and more Scriptures that you either failed to see or failed to understand!

Mat 23:8 “But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

So you go around looking for things written by wise men and failing to realize that we have One Teacher!!! So you don't seek Him and His words, and you proclaim you understand and believe in the Scriptures??

Did I not already give you the GOOD NEWS??

Jesus Christ is just standing there trying to get you to listen to Him!! You might need to repent of your ways first, but He loves you!! HE LOVES YOU!! HE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!! HE WANTS YOU TWO TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER!! THAT IS WHAT WAS WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURES!!! THAT HE LOVES YOU AND WANTS YOU TO STOP SAYING IN YOUR HEART THAT HE IS EITHER DEAD OR IN SOME FAR-OFF PLACE CALLED HEAVEN!!! YOU TOO CAN HEAR FROM HIM AND GET TO KNOW HIM - BUT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN HIM: THAT HE IS THERE FOR YOU PERSONALLY - THAT HE WILL AND EVEN WANTS TO TALK TO YOU PERSONALLY - THAT HE AND HIS WORDS ARE NEAR YOU, EVEN FOUND IN YOUR HEART AND MOUTH!! DON'T YOU BELIEVE MOSES AND THE OTHERS WHO WROTE THE SCRIPTURES???

Deut 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it."

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

And from Karl to you today - THAT HE WILL AND EVEN WANTS TO TALK TO YOU PERSONALLY - THAT HE AND HIS WORDS ARE NEAR YOU, EVEN FOUND IN YOUR HEART AND MOUTH!!

That is what I have been trying to tell you all along!! That we His sheep hear His voice, personally! We find His words in our heart and sometimes even coming out our mouths, but regardless there is that small voice of His that we hear personally!! And the very first words I heard from Him personally talking to me were, "READ YOUR BIBLE"!!! And He will talk to you too, if you seek Him and listen in your heart for what He has to say - just like is written in the Scriptures!!!

And to keep this on target - If God is in you and talks to you personally then are you not a god, even a son of the Most High?? How does it read in the Scriptures?

Ps 82:6 I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong-your gospel is false.
I have a feeling you won't be here for long.
Due to the fact that folks are becoming more concerned with unity than doctrine . Me thinks he will be here as are others .
Folks are beginning daily and more so to focus on unity rather than on doctrine and unity under THAT CHRIST .
The only way ANYONE is gonna be gotten rid of is if they say things that keep halting THIS UNITY .
I found that out at other sites my friend .
ANYTHING that wont let people just relax and find common ground and have unity
WILL EVENTUALLY BE GONE and those who preach TRUTH and do correct , WILL BE REMOVED .
I was even put in a digital ghetto . NOT because i name called or was mean to anyone .
But because folks were complaining simply about THE DOCTRINE me was bringing .
That other site became so enamored with a love that was all about JUST GETTING ALONG and hugging one another
That i was imprisoned in a digital ghetto . THEY EVEN broke their own forum rules to PUT ME in that place .
YOU SEE , if enough folks gripe , it dont matter what they are griping about . Whether it be TRUTH
or whether it be lies , UNITY INCLUSIVE LOVERS will remove one in time .
See its not about whether one speaks truth or lies to them , ITS DO what they say cause folks to be offended .
AND THAT IS A DIRE PROBLEM .
Cause while in part they will remove those who are mean and hateful , THEY WILL ALSO REMOVE
those who just speak truth too . Excuse me while i say one thing .
I HAD RATHER BE DEAD than to sit under satans false unity and common ground pile of ...................
please understand why i didnt fill in that blank . BUT this lamb is gonna speak truth
and if the truth offends , THEN IT OFFENDS . BUT at least i did what i could for the people .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep,

Karl, not to impugn you, but "God" voices and works which are not of God come to others.

Of course they do, but have you not forgotten that it is written that all those who seek find????

If you seek Jesus Christ and a word from Him you will find Him!!!!

That is what is written!

Mat 7:9 “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead?

Silly unbelieving people who fear the devil instead of seeking the Lord!!!

If you have ears to hear then you can indeed hear what is going on around you. But if you are fearing the army of Satan are you looking to the army of God?? NO you are not!! If you fear the devil instead of fear God your eyes are always on the devil so you conclude that anyone who hears must be hearing the devil, so then you close your eyes and ears off that you might not hear - as you shake in your boots!!

Do you not even know that there are more with you than against you?? Do you even understand that if God is for you then you can be against you???

What amazes me is that we find so many posting hear who simply because someone says they hear God quickly assume that they were hearing the demons. That problem was also seen in the Jews Jesus talked to!!

Jn 8:38 “I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.”

Jn 8:43 The Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

The Jews thought Jesus had a demon!! What they failed to realize was that their father had them fearing anyone who said they heard from God!!

So it is that I find sooooo many claiming to be Christians who doubt me just because I said the Lord our God told me, and that because I say I know Jesus Christ personally. So it is the knowing Jesus Christ personally that they doubt!!! As can be seen in the post above!

Look close are what is written. Did Cassandra express a specific problem with what I said? No She did question that something I said was wrong, but rather she just question whether I was hearing from the Lord in general!! That is because she personally doubts that others can hear from the Lord. So she focused on others who are hearing voices and feels they don't know Him!

Of course that is true, but I proclaim Jesus Christ and that He is the Lord our God!! And that they do not do!!

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

So who is talking to her? She, whether she understands of not, is like those Jews who thought Jesus had a demon but didn't understand their father was the devil.

Jesus Christ is not accursed, He is alive and active and speaking Today to His sheep!!

So let me tell you what I do when someone says they have a word from the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

I try to smile and thank them. I love it when people seek to actually hear the Lord!! That is what I want everybody to do!!

Yet, if the Lord had to use them to tell me something, it is probably because I am not listening to Him like I should. I confess: I usually nly hear from the Lord about a dozen different times a day. Like when I get up, get in the shower, spend some quite time in my favorit chair, then take a walk with Him. Then I get busy with my business and start to forget that He is still with me. So He might have to have someone give me a word from Him to get my attention. Thus when I get a word from someone else I quickly take that word to the Lord myself to hear what He has to say about it!!

And what I have found is that most everyone who claims to have a word from Jesus Christ does infact have a word from the Lord. I would say that at least 95% of the time it they did have a word from Him. Now with that said, most of the time I also find the something got lost in what they tell me.

It is like that little game where you line up a few people and whisper a short story to the person on one end of the line, and each person in turns whispers it to the next person, then the last person in line tells everyone the story and it change massively as it went from person to person. So the word of God spoken to someone else and then given to you might be from God but might not be that accurate! Therefore you need to take the word back to the our Lord Jessus and listen to Him for yourself!!

What a believer should not do is to assume that anyone telling them they have a word from the Lord is wrong!!! His sheep do hear His voice and He uses His sheep at times to bring messages!! Anyone that truly knows Him would come to understand that!!

Still, too many of his servant don't see and hear with their spiritual eyes and ears like they should. So they wind up only seeing the army of Satan - and miss seeing the Lord and His army of God! They don;t know that there are more with us and those with us are more powerful!! They don't know where they stand with God - as children of the Most High (gods) that He is always going to protect!!

Do you remember about the chariots of fire?

2 Kings 6: 15 -17
Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

So what should be prayed over this group?

2 Kings 6: 18 - 20
When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.” So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
Then Elisha said to them, “This is not the way, nor is this the city; follow me and I will bring you to the man whom you seek.” And he brought them to Samaria.
When they had come into Samaria, Elisha said, “O LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see.” So the LORD opened their eyes and they saw; and behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

If a city of people are not willing to seek the Lord our God Jesus Christ and instead fear the devils army instead of God then the prayer for them will be blindness. Yet if a city, though it be like in Samaria, is willing to seek the Lord our God Jesus Christ then the prayer for them will be to open their eyes that they might see.

Are you going to truly believe so that you seek the Lord or are you going to doubt that all voices heard are from the devil so you only focus on Satan!

Again, it is written seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be opened to you, but are you seeing it that way or are you just looking that those dark forces of this world?? I tell you that you had better start looking to God which a belief that He is there, even with more than you are looking at!!!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Due to the fact that folks are becoming more concerned with unity than doctrine . Me thinks he will be here as are others .
Folks are beginning daily and more so to focus on unity rather than on doctrine and unity under THAT CHRIST .
The only way ANYONE is gonna be gotten rid of is if they say things that keep halting THIS UNITY .
I found that out at other sites my friend .
ANYTHING that wont let people just relax and find common ground and have unity
WILL EVENTUALLY BE GONE and those who preach TRUTH and do correct , WILL BE REMOVED .
I was even put in a digital ghetto . NOT because i name called or was mean to anyone .
But because folks were complaining simply about THE DOCTRINE me was bringing .
That other site became so enamored with a love that was all about JUST GETTING ALONG and hugging one another
That i was imprisoned in a digital ghetto . THEY EVEN broke their own forum rules to PUT ME in that place .
YOU SEE , if enough folks gripe , it dont matter what they are griping about . Whether it be TRUTH
or whether it be lies , UNITY INCLUSIVE LOVERS will remove one in time .
See its not about whether one speaks truth or lies to them , ITS DO what they say cause folks to be offended .
AND THAT IS A DIRE PROBLEM .
Cause while in part they will remove those who are mean and hateful , THEY WILL ALSO REMOVE
those who just speak truth too . Excuse me while i say one thing .
I HAD RATHER BE DEAD than to sit under satans false unity and common ground pile of ...................
please understand why i didnt fill in that blank . BUT this lamb is gonna speak truth
and if the truth offends , THEN IT OFFENDS . BUT at least i did what i could for the people .
In full agreement here-our freedom of speech is being monitored and Jesus and God is ALL love and nothing else.
Stay grounded and rooted in Christ Jesus brother-many, many are lukewarm, having an outward appearance of godliness-and that's all.
Lawlessness is rife the world over and the "Bible thumpers" are an impediment/impeachment/obstacle to the sexual mores of most.
God bless.
J.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In full agreement here-our freedom of speech is being monitored and Jesus and God is ALL love and nothing else.
Stay grounded and rooted in Christ Jesus brother-many, many are lukewarm, having an outward appearance of godliness-and that's all.
Lawlessness is rife the world over and the "Bible thumpers" are an impediment/impeachment/obstacle to the sexual mores of most.
God bless.
J.
1688833975419.png

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Keep on quoting them Scriptures brother-

Isa 57:14 And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Isa 57:16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
Isa 57:17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
Isa 57:18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
Isa 57:20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

Isa 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

J.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep on quoting them Scriptures brother-

Isa 57:14 And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Isa 57:16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
Isa 57:17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
Isa 57:18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
Isa 57:20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

Isa 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

J.
And there is no peace unto those who deny CHRIST JESUS . HE IS OUR PEACE , THE ONLY NAME
whereby we can have PEACE WITH GOD . RECONCILED back to GOD IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE .
SOUND IT OUT my friend . Let the LORD be praised

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we only use Scripture, and test what those who tell us things against it, we'll be fine.

We are doing what we were told to do. God knows we love Him, and He will take us where we are at.
Of course they do, but have you not forgotten that it is written that all those who seek find????

If you seek Jesus Christ and a word from Him you will find Him!!!!

That is what is written!

Mat 7:9 “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead?

Silly unbelieving people who fear the devil instead of seeking the Lord!!!

If you have ears to hear then you can indeed hear what is going on around you. But if you are fearing the army of Satan are you looking to the army of God?? NO you are not!! If you fear the devil instead of fear God your eyes are always on the devil so you conclude that anyone who hears must be hearing the devil, so then you close your eyes and ears off that you might not hear - as you shake in your boots!!

Do you not even know that there are more with you than against you?? Do you even understand that if God is for you then you can be against you???

What amazes me is that we find so many posting hear who simply because someone says they hear God quickly assume that they were hearing the demons. That problem was also seen in the Jews Jesus talked to!!

Jn 8:38 “I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.”

Jn 8:43 The Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

The Jews thought Jesus had a demon!! What they failed to realize was that their father had them fearing anyone who said they heard from God!!

So it is that I find sooooo many claiming to be Christians who doubt me just because I said the Lord our God told me, and that because I say I know Jesus Christ personally. So it is the knowing Jesus Christ personally that they doubt!!! As can be seen in the post above!

Look close are what is written. Did Cassandra express a specific problem with what I said? No She did question that something I said was wrong, but rather she just question whether I was hearing from the Lord in general!! That is because she personally doubts that others can hear from the Lord. So she focused on others who are hearing voices and feels they don't know Him!

Of course that is true, but I proclaim Jesus Christ and that He is the Lord our God!! And that they do not do!!

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

So who is talking to her? She, whether she understands of not, is like those Jews who thought Jesus had a demon but didn't understand their father was the devil.

Jesus Christ is not accursed, He is alive and active and speaking Today to His sheep!!

So let me tell you what I do when someone says they have a word from the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

I try to smile and thank them. I love it when people seek to actually hear the Lord!! That is what I want everybody to do!!

Yet, if the Lord had to use them to tell me something, it is probably because I am not listening to Him like I should. I confess: I usually nly hear from the Lord about a dozen different times a day. Like when I get up, get in the shower, spend some quite time in my favorit chair, then take a walk with Him. Then I get busy with my business and start to forget that He is still with me. So He might have to have someone give me a word from Him to get my attention. Thus when I get a word from someone else I quickly take that word to the Lord myself to hear what He has to say about it!!

And what I have found is that most everyone who claims to have a word from Jesus Christ does infact have a word from the Lord. I would say that at least 95% of the time it they did have a word from Him. Now with that said, most of the time I also find the something got lost in what they tell me.

It is like that little game where you line up a few people and whisper a short story to the person on one end of the line, and each person in turns whispers it to the next person, then the last person in line tells everyone the story and it change massively as it went from person to person. So the word of God spoken to someone else and then given to you might be from God but might not be that accurate! Therefore you need to take the word back to the our Lord Jessus and listen to Him for yourself!!

What a believer should not do is to assume that anyone telling them they have a word from the Lord is wrong!!! His sheep do hear His voice and He uses His sheep at times to bring messages!! Anyone that truly knows Him would come to understand that!!

Still, too many of his servant don't see and hear with their spiritual eyes and ears like they should. So they wind up only seeing the army of Satan - and miss seeing the Lord and His army of God! They don;t know that there are more with us and those with us are more powerful!! They don't know where they stand with God - as children of the Most High (gods) that He is always going to protect!!

Do you remember about the chariots of fire?

2 Kings 6: 15 -17
Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

So what should be prayed over this group?

2 Kings 6: 18 - 20
When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.” So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
Then Elisha said to them, “This is not the way, nor is this the city; follow me and I will bring you to the man whom you seek.” And he brought them to Samaria.
When they had come into Samaria, Elisha said, “O LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see.” So the LORD opened their eyes and they saw; and behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

If a city of people are not willing to seek the Lord our God Jesus Christ and instead fear the devils army instead of God then the prayer for them will be blindness. Yet if a city, though it be like in Samaria, is willing to seek the Lord our God Jesus Christ then the prayer for them will be to open their eyes that they might see.

Are you going to truly believe so that you seek the Lord or are you going to doubt that all voices heard are from the devil so you only focus on Satan!

I am not looking to the forces of darkness. I keep my eyes on the sure Word.

This is 100% incorrect. I am relying on that which I know to be true. the Scriptures. The very ones I quoted from when I posted the Lord, Lord.. verse. What does that verse show? That there will be those who will be surprised that Christ did not know them, and that their prophesies and miracles were not His.

Reactions: Johann

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
These kind remain in forums bc ppl fail to report their heresies!
Therefore they linger, corrupting the very gospel of Jesus and the word of God .
I have found discussing scripture with people of many different views is educational. Some positions for me are obviously wrong and some so absurd I did not believe anyone believed them until I met them. One such group denied the sermon on the mount applied to believers.

Only by learning their language and use of certain theological ideas did I begin to understand the world they had created in their own minds. It helped me see the same trends in my own congregation and among ministers who I have known who have gone astray.

I did not believe flat earthers still existed, until I asked and there they were. It was interesting seeing their logic and ability to miss the obvious, but it also helped me see why things appear a particular way and how this confirms the earth is actually round. I started looking for ISS going overhead and saw it, which was stunning. I do not blame people for following some of these ideas, because without critical thinking and knowing some of the physical sciences they might be right. If one thinks 50% of society have difficulty reading and doing simple mathematics, it is little wonder such ideas can run rampant.

Ask most people what coming to faith is in church, and you will probably get as many different answers as members of the church. We tend to believe the preacher defines the groups view, but it is normally just the most dominant perspective, but the variations will be from 7 days creation with earth 6,000 years old to evolution and universalism are ok. Forums seem to bring out this diversity, which I celebrate, because it is neutral as no one actually knows each other. God bless you