“God does the works”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well good catch :) at least in my opinion. That’s only like the second time I’ve heard the widows story connected to the congregation at the time; I think it is a commentary on it
In my opinion it’s why He walked out and said it’s all coming down, but we try to build up what he’s destroyed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The spiritual walk is unique...as unique as Jesus Christ is. When we walk in the Spirit we are INSIDE His body (spiritually) looking out to see as He sees. This is a very unique and unforgettable experience. When we read the bible after that experience...everything makes sense and falls into place...because everything is pointing to being In Christ.
I would consider Paul’s words on the matter of this holiness thing, because in my opinion next stop guru LOL

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would consider Paul’s words on the matter of this holiness thing, because in my opinion next stop guru LOL

Jesus as guru? There is a mystery that the community of faith live by...in the presence of God. The world experienced this in the witness and lives of the early church. Of course at this time these things are unknown.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Charity" probably should have been more accurately translated "love and concern for others."
Or has the definition of the word, charity, like the word, love, been changed by usage over the years? Charity today often brings to mind giving to others of our physical possessions or money. Love today often brings to mind, a sexual relationship. What was intended when the original words were written down as the writer was inspired by God? The way to know that is to come to know the mind of God. What is meant by Paul's words here?

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." I Cor 2:16