“I lost none.”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of verses but one builds upon another (imo) to reveal something beautiful and solid in “I lost none.

First ‘the temper’
Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Again, the temper is heard “if thou be the Son of God...” Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left. [39] And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, [40] And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. [41] Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, [42] He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. [43] He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God. Matthew 27:38-43

The visual “He saved others; himself can he not save.” Let us see with our eyes! “if He be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.” “he trusted in God; let God deliver him now, if God will have him...” Yet, John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

“Let God deliver him now, if God will have him...” let God deliver him from our hands... His words that He had the power to ‘take it up again

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the tempter: command these stones be made bread. In the likeness of the chief cornerstone rejected of men (Isaiah 53:3). Luke 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

God is able of these stones to take up children...and He does, yea. The very stones which would cry out of He held His peace...the very stones which are to take hold, and cleave to that which is good, His peace. Consider “I am the bread.” And “you Living Stones” made alive unto God, with Isaiah 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry...and would a Father give a Son who asked for bread a stone?

The ‘breaking’ of bread to feed the hungry: Mark 8:16-21 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread. [17] And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? [18] Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? [19] When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. [20] And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. [21] And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

“Have you your heart yet hardened?” Here stones are indeed about to be made bread, multiplied, to feed the hungry ...it is them. Not them only but also those that have Faith in His name, that He has the power to ‘take it up’ again and nothing is lost.

John 6:12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost. (Those alive and remain) so nothing be lost.)

John 18:4-9 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? [5] They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. [6] As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. [7] Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. [8] Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he : if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way: [9] That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

John 17:11-12 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. [12] While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 6:12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topical Bible: Remnant

REMNANT - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

1. (a.) Remaining; yet left.

2. (a.) That which remains after a part is removed, destroyed, used up, performed, etc.; residue. (1 Corinthians 13:10-13) (2 Corinthians 12:15)

3. (n.) A small portion; a slight trace; a fragment; a little bit; a scrap.

4. (n.) An unsold end of piece goods, as cloth, ribbons, carpets, etc.

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia

REMNANT

rem'-nant: Remnant is the translation of yether, "what is left over”