“I will shew thee my faith by my works.“

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The love of righteousness is the jumping off point for any genuine piety. Without it, all is just a performance and coupled with that performance are the complaints against God's Law yet the very thing engaged, namely, a pretended piety without a love for righteousness is the problem faced and addressed by the apostles.

Sooooo.... it needs chewing so that one does not swallow an insufficient, nay, an erroneous understanding resulting in hypocrisy to ones own hurt.

Reactions: Episkopos

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Faith without the works is dead. what he is saying about this is the works of the Holy Spirit and anyone who thinks that it's a your own works is lost or a dill or even Satanic.
I know many people who try to peddle that James is claiming that such is worldly works.

Some people peddle blind faith, well blind faith is not worthy of God in fact, faith is the substance of ? but never blind whim etc. that's just stupidity or can even be Satanic.

Blind faith does not produce fruit and if it does not produce fruit, then one who is born again can see the evidence of such works of such just do not cut it.

We see in Nathaniel that he is a True Israelite, the very best of such that one can be, he is factual Israelite (servant of God)!
As Jesus Christ points this fact out ! not to mention that Nathaniel is the first man to understand that Jesus is truly 'the Christ' directly and when reading this point in the Bible, if this does not totally blow you away I don't think that you are truly a real Christian. as this is one of the most powerful points in the Bible. it jumps out at you, or it should do. here is a true honest to God Israelite and he knows that Jesus is the Christ ! for crying out loud ! I almost did a backward somersault !

Someone knew who Jesus was ! can you believe that and then bingo ! Jesus points Nathaniel out for who he truly is, a honest to God Israelite, now that just blows me away ! now no one is ever called that by Jesus but for Nathaniel and the only other one that could blow you away like so is St Stephen, in that it's given that he was full of the Holy Spirit, now that is powerful stuff if you comprehend truly what was being pointed out.

One can not just pass over such as that as trivia, it's pure spiritual gold ! that every Christian should know instinctively and if they don't pick up on such, then I think that they must be spiritually dead.

Reactions: Helen