“I will spit you out” ....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is even with links within a family, they count for nothing in terms of behaviour and loyalty.
God puts zero store behind links through belonging to a group. Rather it is 100% on doing and attitude.

Imagine an angel in front of God saying, today I do not feel like obeying you, go take a jump.
It does not matter who they were, this is a sentence of rejection and damnation.

Yet it is thought because at some point one joined a group, God will now ignore ones behaviour, include you in the elect and heap praise and reward on you because of this. How can this individual to any degree be relied upon to do what is asked of them. They are just rebellious and resentful, and will fail. Is this the principle of following Gods will on earth as it is in Heaven or is it just rebellion and putting oneself as King?

I do wonder what people think salvation is? A holiday camp for those who did a high 5 to Jesus, or a Kingdom different to the world where love and service rule. If you want to see who gets into heaven it is not sinners or those who support anything evil, or behave in such a way.

I would add if one can find any sinful behaviour that is alright with the Lord, please can you show it to me.
The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord.

To some the beginning of wisdom is there is nothing they can do to muck up acceptance by Jesus.
Sounds like the spoilt brat approach to life with a parent who is just too rich. And these spoilt brats always come to a sticky end.

Be blessed as the Spirit of Christ in you teaches you all things..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
google supplies about twenty diff defs of "day of the Lord," all by surely well-meaning ppl, but i am hard-pressed to accept any other def than today tbh; "this is the day that the Lord has made"
so i dunno, but i would not be paying a lot of attention to any "future" scenarios

Is there no connection between the“Day of the Lord” and “the light which no man can approach unto” which “no man knoweth, saving he that receives it.” Revelation 2:17. What is “receive it”?

No connection between “the kingdom of God has come upon you” and “the day the Lord has made” walk in the light of it? 1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
^which continues on to say
1 Timothy 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on ...Life.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-8 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. [6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. [7] For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. [8] But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is there no connection between the“Day of the Lord” and “the light which no man can approach unto” which “no man knoweth, saving he that receives it.” Revelation 2:17. What is “receive it”?
Rev 2:17 seems to be about something else, and a copy/search didnt suggest any obvious vv, sorry; what v is that from? Anyway, up top, my guess is that there is a firm connection, as long as we understand that this "light" is not...does not consist of photons? It is spiritual light? And while pt 2 does sound fam, dunno why i cant place it, maybe the archaic language, dunno, anyway, imo "receive it" is likely the one who recognizes that analogies are being made, and they are not reading or believing literally, but id wanna look at the orig v first
No connection between “the kingdom of God has come upon you” and “the day the Lord has made” walk in the light of it?
very well might be, hope i didnt infer otherwise :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 2:17 seems to be about something else, and a copy/search didnt suggest any obvious vv, sorry; what v is that from? Anyway, up top, my guess is that there is a firm connection, as long as we understand that this "light" is not...does not consist of photons? It is spiritual light? And while pt 2 does sound fam, dunno why i cant place it, maybe the archaic language, dunno, anyway, imo "receive it" is likely the one who recognizes that analogies are being made, and they are not reading or believing literally, but id wanna look at the orig v first

very well might be, hope i didnt infer otherwise :)
Not sure what you were asking about the verse. Lexicon:Revelation 2:17 Lexicon: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

I guess it matters because for so long hearing I will get a new name when (could be wrong) but is instead the new name being “new Jerusalem” which no one knows but he who receives it. Same as “kingdom of God has come upon you” or “the day of the Lord” or Light.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i guess you are comparing the two? Still not sure where the text in the second quote came from though
I guess it matters because for so long hearing I will get a new name when (could be wrong) but is instead the new name being “new Jerusalem” which no one knows but he who receives it. Same as “kingdom of God has come upon you” or “the day of the Lord” or Light.
again it seems two concepts are being conflated, or at least compared, so i dunno. "New Jerusalem" wouldnt qualify, doesnt seem like, as we all know that name?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you were asking about the verse. Lexicon:Revelation 2:17 Lexicon: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

What do you make of:

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

Amos 5:20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you make of:Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light. Amos 5:20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
The day of the LORD corresponds to the Great Tribulation and the period immediately following -- the day of wrath -- when darkness comes upon the whole earth. See Rev 6:12-17. Anyone who desires the day of the LORD has no clue as to how terrible it will be, when people will literally cry out to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When Jesus talking about "spitting out of My mouth", He meant the lukewarm church, not the individuals in it. Obviously, as in any church, there are the totally committed Bible-believers who love the Lord, and there are the "nominal" professors of Christianity. At the day of Judgment, the angels will separate them one from another and each will be judged accordingly.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of:

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

Amos 5:20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

It is a good question. Read that passage all last night and I don’t know. All I can give you is an opinion. One, it is OT and so often there are questions in the OT which Christ is always the answer to. For instance in reading other passages with the one you brought up, there was a question of “who will be able to stand?” Or Proverbs 6:28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
A member asked on a thread about people burning under our feet forever and how creepy that will be. The answer is there but not so creepy. the NT says God will bruise Satan under your feet shorty while OT says: who can go upon hot coals and his feet not burn? —those with their feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.

So there are questions where Christ is the answer, like earlier in the passage of woe to him who waits for that “evil” day. The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy but “I come that they may have life and have it abundantly”

How can there be no light when He is that light. How can He say walk in the day or “you are lights” keep them burning.

Amos 5:2 The virgin of Israel is fallen; she shall no more rise: she is forsaken upon her land; there is none to raise her up.

Jeremiah 31:4-5 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel:

“There is none to raise her up” ...Christ the answer. “this child” is set for the fall and “rising again” of many. The day of wrath ...how can one be not appointed to it if not for “Light” and “I come that they may know the way”? Woe unto him who waits for the day of wrath and evil and darkness and death to come upon others ...knowing “others” would be consumed and destroyed and nothing would remain. That is what the destroyer does. Woe to those who wait for destruction to come upon others...to destroy and not save. 1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

I’m sorry if that doesn’t help but that is OT where without Christ “your faith is in vain” 1 Corinthians 15:16-19 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: [17] And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. [18] Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. [19] If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Amos 5:7 Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,

Many woes...Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Rev 6:12-17. Anyone who desires the day of the LORD has no clue as to how terrible it will be,

Isaiah 54:13-17 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord ; and great shall be the peace of thy children. [14] In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. [15] Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. [16] Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. [17] No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

1 Thessalonians 5:3-4 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Having stored up against that day Romans 12:17-21 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. [18] If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. [19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil(as a thief), but overcome evil with good.(ready to distribute).

“If it be possible”, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Mark 10:26-27 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Jesus talking about "spitting out of My mouth", He meant the lukewarm church, not the individuals in it.
Since the church ( assembly) is comprised of individuals, therefore Christ meant individuals. Hence "if any man (singular) hear my voice". And in this context "lukewarm" means unsaved. There are many professing Christians who have not been born again.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"New Jerusalem" wouldnt qualify, doesnt seem like, as we all know that name?

Wanted to respond yesterday but hesitated. You said “New Jerusalem” wouldn’t qualify, doesn’t seem like, as we all know that name?” Not so sure there. Consider the passage where they had read the prophets and the word every sabbath...but did not know Him or the voice of the prophets yet otherwise they would not of crucified Him. Or flesh persecutes the Spirit. If what you say is true then why the need so often the need to return to that thread on New Jerusalem and the pearl of great price or the gold and building and stones? Even its measure. I remember the images on that thread of gold and stones. You said (unless I misunderstood) it is a New name every one knows, not just a New Creature but every one James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Then why James 3:15-16 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. [16] For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If what you say is true then why the need so often the need to return to that thread on New Jerusalem and the pearl of great price or the gold and building and stones?
well, that was mostly to point out the possibility that the "gemstones" were actually analogues for spiritual principles, and not meant to be taken so literally :)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Since the church ( assembly) is comprised of individuals, therefore Christ meant individuals. Hence "if any man (singular) hear my voice". And in this context "lukewarm" means unsaved. There are many professing Christians who have not been born again.
Jesus is actually speaking to the leaders of the seven churches. If you read the passages careful you will see that. I fully agree with your last sentence. I would say that up to 50% of church members are religious for all sorts of reasons, but not genuinely born again. There is a good book, written in the 17th Century written to church members of the importance of being genuine converted to Christ. It makes challenging reading. "An Alarm to the Unconverted" by Joseph Alleine. It can be downloaded as a pdf file. I believe that every church member should prayerfully read it, and examine themselves to make sure that they are genuinely converted and in the faith.

Joseph Alleine was well known as the most successful evangelist of the Puritan era. His ministry was responsible for many true conversions to Christ.