“Repent of Sins” And Find Yourself Damned...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, stop saying that "whoever asks to be saved will be saved"...for that is not entirely accurate

God said it, not me... take your complaints to Him,you critic of God.....

Man, you just keep getting in deeper and deeper, don’t you....The Effrontery to Second- guess God’s own , sacred Word......you got
some real nerve .....

Reactions: HisLife

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However, if God's Spirit finds you out and reveals your heart, you will have a different opinion of yourselves and will not be angry with a minister of Jesus Christ for preaching conversion to your souls.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how to get Saved....Its “ Repentance”, But Quite possibly not the way you have been taught——- It Ain't “ Repenting OF SINS!” ........As Confused , Ignorant “ teachers” in these Forums preach it....

Repentance and Conversion

by George Whitefield

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19, KJV).

It is a pity that modern preachers do not pay more attention to the method that the apostles followed in preaching Jesus Christ! The success and divine authority of their discourses should impress ministers of the gospel more than all modern schemes. If this were the case, ministers would first learn to sow and then to reap. They would endeavor to plow up the fallow ground and to prepare people for God's blessings to rain down upon them.

This is the way Peter preached when under divine influence at Pentecost. Despite the fact that many of his listeners were educated, prominent people, he boldly charged them with murdering the Son of God. His piercing accusation entered deep into their conscience and was used by the Holy Spirit to give them a proper sense of themselves.

The apostle then let them know that, although their sin was great, it was not unpardonable. They had been part of the horrid crime of murdering the Lord of life, and had thereby incurred the penalty of eternal death. Yet there was mercy for them in the way prescribed: "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19).

But must we preach conversion to a professing people? Some of you, perhaps, are ready to say, "Go among the savages and preach repentance and conversion there, or preach conversion to the drunkards." Possibly others will say, "Who are you to preach repentance and conversion to us?" However, if God's Spirit finds you out and reveals your heart, you will have a different opinion of yourselves and will not be angry with a minister of Jesus Christ for preaching conversion to your souls.

Conversion is not changing from one set of principles to another. You who have been raised with Christianity are in the greatest danger of being zealous for orthodox principles without being transformed by them into the image of God. Others think that they are converted because they have reformed their lifestyle. However, reformation is not renovation. The outside of the platter may be washed while the inside remains filthy. A person may turn from profaneness to morality and therefore believe that he is converted, yet his heart is still unrenewed.

You have not heard me, I hope, speak a word against reformation. You have not heard me speak a word against being good. No, both are right in their place. However, you may have this kind of conversion and yet never be truly converted at all.

What is conversion then? In order to be truly converted, a man must become a new creature and be converted from his own righteousness to the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ. Conviction will always precede spiritual conversion. You may be convicted without being converted, but you cannot be converted without being convicted.

True conversion means turning not only from sin but also from depending on self-made righteousness. Those who trust in their own righteousness for conversion hide behind their own good works. This is the reason that self-righteous people are so angry with gospel preachers, because the gospel does not spare those who will not submit to the righteousness of Jesus Christ!

I could almost say this is the last stroke the Lord Jesus gave Paul to turn him to real Christianity. After describing him as a persecutor, Christ brought him out of himself by revealing His person and office as a Savior: "I am Jesus" (Acts 9:5). As a result, Paul would later say, "I count all things but loss . . . that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil. 3:8-9).

We talk in vain about being converted until we see ourselves as lost sinners and come to the Lord Jesus Christ to be washed in His blood and to be clothed in His imputed righteousness. The consequence of this application of Christ's righteousness to the soul will be a conversion from sin to holiness.

The Bible says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Cor. 5:17). As a newborn child has all the parts of an adult, so when a person is converted to God, there are all the features of the new creature and growth until God translates him to glory. Anything short of this is but the shadow instead of the substance.

The author of conversion is the Holy Ghost. It is not based on free will or moral persuasion. Nothing short of the influence of the Spirit of the living God can effect this change in a person's heart. Therefore, we are said to be "born again" and "born of the Spirit" not only with water but with the Holy Ghost (John 3:3, 6).

Although there continues to be a contest between these two opposites, flesh and spirit, yet if we are truly converted, the spirit will gain the ascendancy. Nature and grace may struggle in the womb of a converted soul for a while like Jacob and Esau did in the womb, yet the elder shall serve the younger (Gen. 25:22-23).

Jacob shall supplant and turn out Esau, or at least keep him under. This is the way a person proves that he is converted.

How do you account for such a change within the heart? Is it not Godlike? Is it not divine? Have you felt it? Have you experienced it? I could spend a whole sermon in speaking of conversion, but I am afraid those who sit under the gospel have more need of heat than light. However, if you are not yet converted, upon what other grounds do you hope for conversion? You ought to repent and be converted, for until you do, you can never find true rest for your soul.

If it is asked why a person should repent and be converted, I answer, "Because without conversion, there is no way to be happy after you die." You must be converted or be damned. That is plain English, but not plainer than my Master used. I did not speak the word as strongly as He did when He said, "He that believeth not shall be damned" (Mark 16:16). That is the language of our Lord.

Some have said that hell is only a temporary punishment. Who told them so? God grant you may never know the meaning of Jesus' words "I never knew you" (Matt. 7:23) by awful experience! Conversion makes you happy in eternity, and without it, you are damned forever.

But you say, "All in good time. I do not choose to be converted yet." Why? What age are you now? Suppose you are fourteen. Do you not think it time to be converted? There was a young man buried last night who was seventeen. Are you forty or fifty? Is that not the time? There was a poor woman who died suddenly two or three days ago. God grant that may not be the case with any of you. The only way to prevent that is to be enabled to think that "now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2).

It is a mercy that each of us has not been in hell a thousand times by now. How many are in hell that used to say, "Lord, convert me--but not now"? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Now can you blame me for calling after you? Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken! God help you! Save yourselves from a wicked generation!

If you are damned for lack of conversion, remember that you are not damned for lack of warning. Thousands have not had the gospel preached to them, but you have heard. If there is a deeper place in hell, God will order a gospel-despising church member to be put there. You will have dreadful torments. Of him to whom so much is given, much will be required. How dreadful to have minister after minister say, "Lord God, I preached, but they would not hear." Think of this, professors, and God make you possessors!

You young people, I charge you to consider. God help you to repent and be converted. He woos and invites you. You middle-aged people, O that you would repent and be converted. You old, grey-headed people, the Lord make you repent and be converted. O I could preach until I preached myself dead. I would be glad to preach myself dead if God would convert you! May God bless His work on you that you may blossom and bring forth fruits unto God. Amen.

I like this post. Repentance causes us to be born of the Spirit. The Spirit separates us from our carnal flesh nature and creates in us a new nature with the mind of Christ that changes us from the inside outward, so that our actions are not what they used to be, but are now righteous. We are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit if the Spirit of God dwells within us. And if we do not have the Spirit of Christ, we do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for the record, and because there are Newbies out there that might fall for the Lies and the attempts to smear my name as JBF is trying to do ( and even “that” dim- bulb knows better than to tell the lies he is telling)..... here are a few thoughts in regard to his Falshoods about me and Islam....

Allah is Satan.Is that clear?

Islam is a religion of Works .....you Earn your way to Paradise if your good works outnumber your bad....not that much different from the doctrines that have turned Christianity into just another “ religion” — getting to Heaven by what you do forGod as opposed to what God did for men....that’s another subject for another time.....

Muslims go to Hell for getting one little article of speech Wrong —- they say Jesus is “ A” son of god instead of saying “ Jesus is “THE” Son Of God..... one little speech article....one little word—— the difference between Heaven and Hell.....Satan( Allah) is just as clever and just as subtle As he was in the Garden Of Eden....

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
— that means you do not ADD to it with ANYTHiNG! Especially Hog-Wash Blasphemies like “ Lucky Repentance”....

I think that I have left you in the dust as concerning this "Lucky Repentance" thing...

For, I have show time and time again that repentance is a necessary thing when it comes to our salvation in Christ; and you have not been able to refute any of my teachings on the matter.

A False Teacher That has never had the Grace of God extended to him in his life will never understand it and will be always be revulsed when somebody tries to preach it like Paul did.....but preach it, I will......”By GRACE you are Saved, through FAITH and NOT by Works”...... ( Works such as Lucky Repentance)

Here is what grace is all about...

1Pe 5:10, But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11, To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
1Pe 5:12, By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

Eph 2:1, And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2, Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3, Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4, But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
Eph 2:6, And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7, That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved (?) through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10, For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

God said it, not me... take your complaints to Him,you critic of God.....

Man, you just keep getting in deeper and deeper, don’t you....The Effrontery to Second- guess God’s own , sacred Word......you got
some real nerve .....

No, you said, "Whoever asks to be saved, will be saved." God did not say exactly that.

That is your paraphrase of the verse in question; which can be misinterpreted to say that Muslims and unbelievers can be saved apart from placing their faith in Jesus Christ.

You would do better to quote the verse as it is written in the holy scriptures than to give your paraphrase, which lends itself to false doctrine.

I like this post. Repentance causes us to be born of the Spirit. The Spirit separates us from our carnal flesh nature and creates in us a new nature with the mind of Christ that changes us from the inside outward, so that our actions are not what they used to be, but are now righteous. We are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit if the Spirit of God dwells within us. And if we do not have the Spirit of Christ, we do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9

I like it, too. Of course its author is not @Blood Bought 1953, but the late George Whitefield.

I have made my comment as to how it should apply to his life as he tells us that he "has thoughts that would shame hell"...

I have said that the work of salvation is a work that God does on the inside of us so that God is in all of our thoughts (Psalms 10:4 (kjv)); and therefore it is not really possible for the born again believer, who is abiding in Christ, to "have thoughts that would shame hell"...those kinds of things apply to the wicked man according to Psalms 10:4 (kjv).

Jesus said,

Mat 23:25, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26, Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28, Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

And this indicates that when the Lord redeems a man, He changes him on the inside and cleanses him from all sin (1 John 1:7) on the inside.

Therefore, he cannot "have thoughts that would shame hell" as a born again believer...that is a contradiction in terms.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for the record, and because there are Newbies out there that might fall for the Lies and the attempts to smear my name as JBF is trying to do ( and even “that” dim- bulb knows better than to tell the lies he is telling)..... here are a few thoughts in regard to his Falshoods about me and Islam....

Islam is a religion of Works .....you Earn your way to Paradise if your good works outnumber your bad....not that much different from the doctrines that have turned Christianity into just another “ religion” — getting to Heaven by what you do forGod as opposed to what God did for men....that’s another subject for another time.....

Muslims go to Hell for getting one little article of speech Wrong —- they say Jesus is “ A” son of god instead of saying “ Jesus is “THE” Son Of God..... one little speech article....one little word—— the difference between Heaven and Hell.....Satan( Allah) is just as clever and just as subtle As he was in the Garden Of Eden....
I'm glad that you at least acknowledge the truth here.

You would do well to make your statements in such a manner so as not to need correction in order for the truths that you have just typed out to be made evident.

God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).

So, don't make statements that can be confused by people as saying what we know to be false doctrine.

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia

Exactly, I was experience that "one little article of speech Wrong" in all of the churches as a mis-thought or mis-spelled words in my mind counted as a sin, it seems the repentance is not as simple as it looks; similar with this verse Matthew 5:28.
You would never be perfect as you may experience a heavy temptation in a hurricane (Psalms 103:15-16; Matthew 11:7; Matthew 7:24-27) as no one could keep their inner tongue clean as devil use it to defile our soul to God (James 3:5-12).
Be careful to whoever told you to repent and forced you to be convert as the repentation of Holy Spirit may become as the snares to the devil temptation (Luke 11:24-26; Luke 4:1-13; Ecclesiastes 9:11-12), they who preach as "I am he" and forced you to repent is a deceiver as we've never told about this in every church teaching (Mark 13:4-6).
They will either judge you whether you touch something or read something accidentally that they called as a part of another church dogma and made you to be more burden or your tightness become heavier, as this teaching similar with islamic dogma that told never touch the other person hands who were not considered as his wife (Colossians 2:16-23). Many strange dogma that many churches taught lately as their teaching opposite with what Jesus did in the gospel, as many churches leaders were in race to condemn each other as they had shown themselves as a bad shepherd (John 10:7-15).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I have left you in the dust as concerning this "Lucky Repentance" thin

Lol.....don’t you wish ....I bet you really get sick of hearing it, don’t you? Renounce your Perverted Gospel and you will never have to hear it again.....
Until that day arrives.....too bad....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like it, too. Of course its author is not @Blood Bought 1953, but the late George Whitefield.

He has a better Sermon on Repentance than the-one I used.....But I can’t find it.....it was about the “ horror” of Conviction and repentance.....I will keep looking....it is a Masterpiece....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, he cannot "have thoughts that would shame hell" as a born again believer...that is a contradiction in terms.

Sure he can......just like you do.....your depending on your Performance for Salvation won’t let you admit this Truth about our Fallen Nature’s .....it won’t square with a doctrine that rejects Grace as yours does....who do you think you are fooling ? Not this crowd and not God .....I have terrible thoughts about Religionists like you.....all Covered by Grace....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad that you at least acknowledge the truth here.

You would do well to make your statements in such a manner so as not to need correction in order for the truths that you have just typed out to be made evident.

God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).

So, don't make statements that can be confused by people as saying what we know to be false doctrine.

Only a moron could have been confused about my post....”if the shoe fits...”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But if someone is clean on the inside, they are not going to have "thoughts that would shame hell" as some of the people on here claim to have...

Its amazing that in every post, you say something that is beyond ridiculous.

Listen carefully... We are not in total control of what comes into our mind.
We can't stop temptations, and we can't stop demonic thoughts that are given to us by the enemy.
What we do is learn what to "think on" and learn how to dispose of a temptation, or a unrighteous thought.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its amazing that in every post, you say something that is beyond ridiculous.

Listen carefully... We are not in total control of what comes into our mind.
We can't stop temptations, and we can't stop demonic thoughts that are given to us by the enemy.
What we do is learn what to "think on" and learn how to dispose of a temptation, or a unrighteous thought.

He is just “ STUCK” in this lie Of his own making ....what other choice does a Grace Rejector have? He has to invent a lie so that he can sleep at night, that “ lie” being that all of his thoughts are pure....I have impure thoughts out the ying - yang....... Grace covers every one of them and I sleep like a baby....I am not happy with many of my thoughts, but I sure am glad that The Blood has them covered....

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t need Pretend Visits to bolster me ..... I have the Word of God that is chock- Full Of Promises That I believe......I don’t know who your beddy- time buddy is, But I don ‘ t believe that Jesus is in the business of molly- coddling Those That preach Perverted ,False “Gospels” Of “Make sure you Repent Of all of you Sins before you die, because My Blood is weak and Grace doesn't cover you unless you can prove to me that you don’t need it! All because Of your Amazing Performance”...... Baloney.

WOW!!
I dunno if I even wanna get in the middle of y'alls feud. (lol)

Yet? after reading just the first page? I'm more inclined in siding with what justbyfaith is saying?
Mostly because of what it is you are accusing him of doing. Which "tells" me that you see what he's doing, but for whatever reason, or reasons? YOU are not able? or see a/the need of the offering up spiritual sacrifices acceptable TO God BY Jesus Christ!

It is 1 thing, in one's ability to point out things! Even if it is from George whatever his name is. And kudo's to you for posting it!
It is quite another thing in one's actually doing it!

And, according to your last few sentences in this post?
Isn't this as believers are to strive in doing/accomplishing?
And, it's not that we don't need God's Grace? Because everyone does!
It's that the more one overcomes, or is crucified with Christ? Aka "circumcised from the world."
The less grace one requires!
Romans 5:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us.

Romans 6:
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Philippians 3:
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
IOW?

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I'm not saying you are. But, you sound like one from the OSAS crowd!

Now? I'm a gonna sit back and enjoy the show, and my popcorn! ;)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now? I'm a gonna sit back and enjoy the show, and my popcorn! ;)

You really think so? Nope.

When was the last time you went to a free movie? I will “GIVE” you the Popcorn , But The “ show” is gonna cost you.....I’m glad you are interested in the goings- on
, BUT——- nobody gets in for free! Lol......

JBF thinks I owe him a $1000...... send that to me so can send it to him.....I’m sick of his begging! Lol...

I will notify you of “showtimes” accordingly....... ( meanwhile, check out my latest masterpiece on “ Tares” ) .....lines are forming.....there is some Pulitzer “ buzz” going around about it.....enjoy!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....don’t you wish ..

It is most certainly not *wishful thinking*.

Sure he can......just like you do.....your depending on your Performance for Salvation won’t let you admit this Truth about our Fallen Nature’s ..

The Lord deals with our fallen nature (1 John 1:7, Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv)) through the Cross and His shed blood has the power to sanctify us on the inside and not just the outside (Matthew 23:25-28)

...it won’t square with a doctrine that rejects Grace as yours does...

I certainly do not reject grace...for I have received the true grace of the Lord.

1Pe 5:10, But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11, To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
1Pe 5:12, By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

Eph 2:1, And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2, Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3, Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4, But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6, And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7, That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8, For by grace are ye saved (?) through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Listen carefully... We are not in total control of what comes into our mind. We can't stop temptations, and we can't stop demonic thoughts that are given to us by the enemy.

We can pray that God will deal with those things. And when thoughts are given to us by the enemy, those also are not our thoughts and we will not be held accountable for them.

It is the wicked man who does not have God in all of his thoughts (Psalms 10:4 (kjv)).

Psa 10:4, The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

He is just “ STUCK” in this lie Of his own making ....what other choice does a Grace Rejector have? He has to invent a lie so that he can sleep at night, that “ lie” being that all of his thoughts are pure..

You, who have never been a recipient of grace (your own words turned back on you according to Matthew 7:1-5 and Luke 6:41-42), would not understand what it means to have your heart cleansed from all sin (1 John 1:7).

I will say to you that what I have said is no lie, my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost.

I will not say that I have never had an impure thought as a Christian...but I will say that such thoughts are far and few between in my own life.

All glory be to God for this; He is the one who has done this work in me.

Pro 20:9, Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

I have not made my heart clean; but the Lord certainly has.

Eph 3:20, Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

It's that the more one overcomes, or is crucified with Christ? Aka "circumcised from the world."
The less grace one requires!

In one sense this is true..by the definition that grace is getting what we don't deserve and unmerited favour.

In another sense, we all continue to need grace, even when we begin to have the victory; because grace is the source of our victory under the definition that grace is the enabling power of the Lord.

JBF thinks I owe him a $1000...... send that to me so can send it to him.....I’m sick of his begging! Lol...

No, I have pretty much resigned to the fact that you lied when you made your challenge...so I am not expecting any money from you, as a matter of fact.

One thing you do owe me, however, is an apology.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 6:22-23, it should be clear that the fact that the gift of God is eternal life does not nullify the fact that the wages of sin is death; because part of the gift is that we are made free from sin. Therefore we do not earn the wages of sin any longer.

We have repented of sin and are now walking in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) over sin.

I can only preach the truth and hope that people will hearken to what I say and repent.

Each man is held accountable for what they hear.

In the end, I will be counted as a faithful servant because I gave to you the whole counsel of God; therefore your blood is no longer on my head if you refuse (forbear).

Eze 3:11, And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.

Eze 3:27, But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

Reactions: Wynona

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He is just “ STUCK” in this lie Of his own making ....what other choice does a Grace Rejector have? He has to invent a lie so that he can sleep at night, that “ lie” being that all of his thoughts are pure....I have impure thoughts out the ying - yang....... Grace covers every one of them and I sleep like a baby....I am not happy with many of my thoughts, but I sure am glad that The Blood has them covered....

There is a "great apostasy", currently.
Welcome to the end times.
Its the worldwide Church that has turned from Grace and into Legalism.
Forums are infested with self savers who talk about "im doing THIS, to stay saved", and then they show you their list that omits Grace.

1) abiding
2.) trusting in faith, instead of trusting in Christ.
3.) commandment keeping
4.) enduring
5.) confessing sin to try to "get saved again".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We can pray that God will deal with those things. And when thoughts are given to us by the enemy, those also are not our thoughts and we will not be held accountable for them..

You should pray regarding the fact that your response is now to agree with me, when you just posted that if a believer has these thoughts, they are not saved etc.

So, you fail, then you pretend you didnt.
There is no honestly found in that behavior, and it's all you do here.