“SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE:” HEB 10:22 –Bob Hall (Netchaplain)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I rest my case folks. Pretty difficult to find one who is so deceived away from Bible Scripture that they openly... admit the heeding of Scripture is not important to one's Salvation by Christ Jesus. Yet, there it is!

Stop lying. You speak only evil of those who you disagree with. Where there is no lovingkindness or even the slightest hint of care taken in one's speech toward a sister or brother in Christ, one has to wonder...
  1. Psalm 34:13
    Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!
  2. Proverbs 15:28
    The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
  3. 1 Peter 3:10
    For the Scriptures say, “If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There are scriptures which are essential to the doctrine of salvation and others which aren't. The scriptures which are non-essential for salvation are essential for growth in Christ's image and neighborly love is the prime essential evidence of it all.

Our primary goal should be neighborly love in all we do, esp. when sharing the Word with onne another, always in an encouraging manner.

"All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim 3:16, 17).

I say a resounding
YES5.jpg
!!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There are scriptures which are essential to the doctrine of salvation and others which aren't. The scriptures which are non-essential for salvation are essential for growth in Christ's image and neighborly love is the prime essential evidence of it all.

Our primary goal should be neighborly love in all we do, esp. when sharing the Word with onne another, always in an encouraging manner.

"All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim 3:16, 17).

Does neighborly love included allowing brethren to be deceived in the Scriptures? I think... NOT!

A just rebuking can be as love towards deceived brethren more than love of hugs and kisses! And since the matter involves danger to one's soul from falling to worship the pseudo-Christ who comes prior to our Lord Jesus, then a rebuke for not heeding the Scripture as written is more in line with real... love in Christ Jesus.

To just preach love and kisses while allowing one to get schorched is not Christ's Way. But that's exactly what many preach today, afraid of giving a rebuke in The LORD.

Stop lying. You speak only evil of those who you disagree with. Where there is no lovingkindness or even the slightest hint of care taken in one's speech toward a sister or brother in Christ, one has to wonder...
  1. Psalm 34:13
    Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!
  2. Proverbs 15:28
    The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
  3. 1 Peter 3:10
    For the Scriptures say, “If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies.

You're wrong, dangerously wrong. Those who preach the Matt.24:29-31 Scripture is NOT about Christ's coming and our gathering AFTER... that tribulation are the ones deceived. That's why none on the Pre-trib doctrines care to address that Scripture evidence, while I proclaim it over and over, over and over.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You're wrong, dangerously wrong. Those who preach the Matt.24:29-31 Scripture is NOT about Christ's coming and our gathering AFTER... that tribulation are the ones deceived. That's why none on the Pre-trib doctrines care to address that Scripture evidence, while I proclaim it over and over, over and over.

It is about Christ's second coming. His Bride is coming with Him. If you want to point fingers and call people's interpretations dangerous, go ahead, but it makes no difference to my relationship with my Lord and King, with whom I will spend eternity---no matter what happens! there's no point in browbeating people and declaring them weak, deceived or apostates. We aren't. We are blood-bought children of the King and we are to love one another despite minor differences like this one, because when you get all worked up like you do, you fall into sin and negate your witness by revealing bad fruit. Calm down.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It is about Christ's second coming. His Bride is coming with Him. If you want to point fingers and call people's interpretations dangerous, go ahead, but it makes no difference to my relationship with my Lord and King, with whom I will spend eternity---no matter what happens! there's no point in browbeating people and declaring them weak, deceived or apostates. We aren't. We are blood-bought children of the King and we are to love one another despite minor differences like this one, because when you get all worked up like you do, you fall into sin and negate your witness by revealing bad fruit. Calm down.

Interpret for us then, the timing of the Matthew 24:29-31 Scripture.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Then you do not... hold to a Pre-trib secret rapture of the saints with Christ's coming prior... to the tribulation?

There is no such thing as a secret rapture. When the Lord calls the Bride home, everyone will know about it. this tremendous event happens before the heat of the Great Tribulation sets in, as the events that constitute wrath and judgment are for the unbelieving world to experience---not the spotless and beloved Bride. What kind of Bridegroom would allow His precious Bride to undergo harm and trouble of that sort? No, we wil be caught away to the wedding and will return riding with Christ at His second coming.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There is no such thing as a secret rapture. When the Lord calls the Bride home, everyone will know about it. this tremendous event happens before the heat of the Great Tribulation sets in, as the events that constitute wrath and judgment are for the unbelieving world to experience---not the spotless and beloved Bride. What kind of Bridegroom would allow His precious Bride to undergo harm and trouble of that sort? No, we wil be caught away to the wedding and will return riding with Christ at His second coming.

You're obviously in confusion, for your previous statement was...

"The timing is the clearly the second coming of Jesus Christ, at the end of the seven years of Great Tribulation."

Then just above, you make the following statement contradicting yourself...

"...this tremendous event happens before the heat of the Great Tribulation sets in,..."

I don't know how others here view your contradiction, but it tells me you're not really serious with what you say, nor with the Scriptures.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You're obviously in confusion, for your previous statement was...

"The timing is the clearly the second coming of Jesus Christ, at the end of the seven years of Great Tribulation."

Then just above, you make the following statement contradicting yourself...

"...this tremendous event happens before the heat of the Great Tribulation sets in,..."

I don't know how others here view your contradiction, but it tells me you're not really serious with what you say, nor with the Scriptures.

It's not me who is confused, friend.

The Church of Jesus Christ will be taken at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, but not before it starts, for we have to see ALL THE SIGNS CONVERGING TOGETHER, as Jesus says.

His Second coming will be at the end of the Great Tribulation, an event wherein the church will accompany Jesus.

No contradiction! In one post I was talking about the Second coming of Christ, and in the other, I was talking about the catching away of the saints. It is possible that you believe it is all one event. I do not.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It's not me who is confused, friend.

The Church of Jesus Christ will be taken at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, but not before it starts, for we have to see ALL THE SIGNS CONVERGING TOGETHER, as Jesus says.

His Second coming will be at the end of the Great Tribulation, an event wherein the church will accompany Jesus.

No contradiction! In one post I was talking about the Second coming of Christ, and in the other, I was talking about the catching away of the saints. It is possible that you believe it is all one event. I do not.

Like I said, you contradict yourself. Per Matthew 24:29-31, Christ's second coming AND the gathering of His Church, is AFTER... the tribulation He forewarned of there.

The 1 Thess.4 Scripture clearly defines two groups of saints in regards to the gathering to Christ. One group Christ brings with Him when He comes, but the other group of saints are still alive on earth when... He comes. The group He brings with Him are the saints that are "asleep", which is the expression Paul uses for the saints that have already died in Christ Jesus.

1Thes 4:13-15
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
(KJV)

Group A: "them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him"
Group B: "we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord"

The Greek word for "prevent" is phthano, which means 'precede' (go before). The saints still alive on earth at Christ's coming will in no way 'precede' to Heaven the saints that have fallen "asleep" (died). That's Paul's idea.

Apostle Paul said that to believers at Thessalonica, not to potential believers that have yet to believe on Jesus. So saying that our Lord Jesus brings all... the saints with Him from Heaven automatically creates yet another... contradiction, for if true it would have to mean NONE of His saints are still on earth when He comes.

But clearly Apostle Paul has declared to those at Thessalonica (a Church representing mostly Gentiles) there will be saints still alive on earth when Jesus comes. In other words, Paul was not talking about unbelievers that only come to believe during... the tribulation.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Of course he brings the spirits of those who have died previously to the Rapture---where they will be reunited with their grave-bound bodies and gloriously changed, all in an instant, and we will be whisked away to the wedding, leaving the world to suffer the wrath of Tribulation for a time until Jesus comes to vanquish Israel and His people, bind Satan and set up His Kngdom on Earth.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Of course he brings the spirits of those who have died previously to the Rapture---where they will be reunited with their grave-bound bodies and gloriously changed, all in an instant, and we will be whisked away to the wedding, leaving the world to suffer the wrath of Tribulation for a time until Jesus comes to vanquish Israel and His people, bind Satan and set up His Kngdom on Earth.

Paul says nothing about their old flesh and blood bodies being rejoined to spirits. He proclaims the resurrection body as a "spiritual body", the "image of the heavenly", and even said flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

The 'asleep' saints are already... with Christ Jesus in Heaven now. That's why Paul taught in 1 Thess.4 that the saints still alive on earth for Christ's coming will in no way 'precede' the saints to Heaven that have already died. The asleep saints have already... been changed. That's how Christ brings them with Him when He comes to earth. He and those alseep saints will come in the clouds back to this earth, and those of us still alive on earth at that same time will be 'changed' at the twinkling of an eye, and gathered together with them at Jerusalem on earth.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Paul says nothing about their old flesh and blood bodies being rejoined to spirits. He proclaims the resurrection body as a "spiritual body", the "image of the heavenly", and even said flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

The 'asleep' saints are already... with Christ Jesus in Heaven now. That's why Paul taught in 1 Thess.4 that the saints still alive on earth for Christ's coming will in no way 'precede' the saints to Heaven that have already died. The asleep saints have already... been changed. That's how Christ brings them with Him when He comes to earth. He and those alseep saints will come in the clouds back to this earth, and those of us still alive on earth at that same time will be 'changed' at the twinkling of an eye, and gathered together with them at Jerusalem on earth.

All the dead will rise from their graves and be changed to incorruptible flesh---like Jesus!---and united with their spirits. Why is that hard to grasp? No one in heaven now has their glorified bodies yet, except Jesus and perhaps Enoch and Elijah.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
All the dead will rise from their graves and be changed to incorruptible flesh---like Jesus!---and united with their spirits. Why is that hard to grasp? No one in heaven now has their glorified bodies yet, except Jesus and perhaps Enoch and Elijah.

Dead being in literal graves is an expression.

Luke 23:42-43
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with Me in paradise."
(KJV)

Luke 16:22-26
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
(KJV)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
LOL! Being dead in literal graves is a fact for everyone except for those who will not see death but will be caught away with the Bridegroom!

No, nothing but our dead flesh is buried in a casket in the ground. Our loved ones are not there. They are with Christ.

Luke 20:34-38
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
38 For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto Him.
(KJV)