“The Flesh” –Netchaplain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sarx, pronounced as sä'rks is the Greek word for “flesh” in scripture. The two primary definitions, depending on the context of course, are: a. the soft substance of the living body, which covers the bones and is permeated with blood; b. denotes mere human nature, the earthly nature of man apart from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God. (Strong's G4561)

When referring to the physical, flesh is a thing and things within themselves “are pure” (Rom 14:20; Tts 1:15). So, Paul’s “I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing” is equating his “flesh” to refer to his still indwelling carnal man or old nature. Not his physical body and remember, the bodily flesh is also “the temple of the Spirit” (1Cr 6:19).

Through his entire discourse of Romans 7, I believe Paul is stating this after being regenerated, because it required the Spirit to be in him to know this. He also mentioned that it was no longer “I” doing the wrong (vs. 17, 20). I believe the “I” is the “new man” which is now that part of us that is “partaker of the divine nature” (2Pe 1:4) and which is the “seed which cannot sin” (1Jo 3:9).

Another indication the he was in his transformed state is the words “so then” (v 25) or “therefore”, which denoted his final state of being.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I have experienced a God breathed transformed state before. Everything changed the way I looked at people the way I looked at God. I felt this new energy flowing through me it was like a holy energy, it felt like electricity throughout my whole body. He revealed to me how men become children of hell and how people can get themselves into the kingdom.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Comm.Arnold and God bless you. I see it that men do not become children of hell because we are born that way. (Jn 8:44)

Remember, we are to judge all experiences by the Word, not judge the word by experiences.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Hi Comm.Arnold and God bless you. I see it that men do not become children of hell because we are born that way. (Jn 8:44)

Remember, we are to judge all experiences by the Word, not judge the word by experiences.

I'm am just going to tell right now that I know better than you do, that verse has nothing to do with your statement. You might want to work a lot harder at this.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
When referring to the physical, flesh is a thing and things within themselves “are pure” (Rom 14:20; Tts 1:15). So, Paul’s “I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing” is equating his “flesh” to refer to his still indwelling carnal man or old nature. Not his physical body and remember, the bodily flesh is also “the temple of the Spirit” (1Cr 6:19).

When Paul in Rom.7 pointed to sin dwelling in his members to mean his 'flesh' body, that is exactly... what he meant. He reveals this even more in the 1 Cor.15 chapter where he stated flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. This also when he said that as we have borne the "image of the earthy" we shall also bear the "image of the heavenly", speaking about the difference between our flesh "natural body" and our future heavenly "spiritual body" of the resurrection.

Later Bible versions get away from this concept which is made plain in the KJV Bible.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011

So what about miscarriages ? Or babies that dies within hours of birth you honestly believe God sends them to hell ?

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin and Hell are the same because they will end up in the Lake of Fire. All are born in sin but I know infants aren't accountable and will go to Heaven.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein"(Mar 10:15).

"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven"(Mat 18:10).

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"(Mat 18:3).

Why would God send a child (esp. an infant)to eternal damnation? I don't ask this to put anyone on the spot because the understanding is obvious.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
"Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein"(Mar 10:15).

"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven"(Mat 18:10).

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"(Mat 18:3).

Why would God send a child (esp. an infant)to eternal damnation? I don't ask this to put anyone on the spot because the understanding is obvious.

While I don't believe or see any sound scriptural support for endless torment or annihilation I also don't see any for "the age of accountability".

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our spiritual bodies will be as Christ's risen body, consisting of flesh. "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have"(Luk 24:39).

I believe the "members" are spiritual, not physical. That's why they are "warring against the law of my mind" (Ro 7:23). "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry"(Col 3:5).

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
In the end there are two sides. One says, "I believe this is the way the Bible teaches it." The other says, "I am glad to find out I was wrong for the only thing that matters to me is what God has for me to learn."

Which side do you think belongs to Christ?

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of sharing what we believe with one another is to first bond, then learn, never to compete.