“YOU WILL BE MY WITNESSES” Acts 1:8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post

What if there is a doctrine, a theological system that perhaps 90% of the church has bought into and believes and clings on to like a babe clings on to it's teddy bear? what if this theology, this mind set, makes us be the kind of christian you are describing because the description sure is recognizable.

There IS such a doctrine, folks hold onto it as tight as they hold on to salvation and this doctrine, this theology has the effect of bringing evangelism to a screeching halt.

There IS such a doctrine, it is the doctrine that teaches that human beings have freewill. This doctrine comes along with the idea that in order to be saved a person must hear the gospel, must be convinced that it is true, must decide to turn away from sin, must turn to the Lord and must receive Him. Now all these things may be true ... but where it goes wrong is when we believe it depends upon human freewill and our task is to persuade the human freewill of all these matters.

As soon as you are confronted with the dopehead in the shop doorway or the hooker on the kerbside you are defeated before you even begin. You know there is ZERO chance, you come to be either levite that passes by on the other side or you become the fire and brimstone zealot calling down God's wrath unless they repent and do as you say.

Did you know evangelism was not like that in the bible? Did you know the NT does not once talk about human freewill? Human freewill only has about 4 entries in the OT and all to do with offerings [because God never demands back something He has given]

It is true that people must hear and believe and receive ... but that is God's job and He'll do it.

I love the story David Wilkinson tells about the gang leader who pulled a knife on him and frightened the living stuff outta him, and in his fright and confusion he blurted "Jesus loves you Nicky"

That's it baby, that's the whole kaboodle, that's all the gospel Nicky Cruz got .... and God wouldn't let him sleep until he came begging for it.
You wrote,
"I love the story David Wilkerson tells about.."
----
'The Cross and the Switchblade'
- Interesting story of his pioneering/street ministry in New York.
One of the books that had impact/influence..
- During early years of my spiritual journey.
- 1970's

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board is not a political site period.
No its not . but it is a christain one . Just wait till they do these so called studies .
They will make a big ado about what makes a person a trump supporter . THEY will link ,as they already planned , true christainity into it .
OH they wont come out and attack all christainity , they will leave the sold out all inclusive churches alone .
ITS the true christainity that wont , and dont conform to societal values . THATS the one they have always been after .
You just wait . OF course most have already sold out to the inclusive move in one way or another .
AND yes more will too . IT wll be the true lambs who are left to hold the bag of blame .
The pope means business , the elites mean business . They already know that most have sold out
so now they gonna convince the world that the few who have not , ARE DANGEROUS . Just wait . just wait and watch and see .

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the lambs who refuse to sell out to the all inclusive lie and its unity , I leave you all with these words .
MARVEL not if the world hates you . WE GOT PERSECUTIONS coming our way . BUT he or she
who endures faithful unto the end , PRAISE GOD the reward is great .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, you are way out of balance, and I don't mean in your views, I mean in what appears to be your focus these days. Hopefully I'm wrong, but you post on what appears to be only one topic.

Yes, the site swings quite heavily in favor of Trump. It's been that way for awhile now. But at any given time during the last year, this site could have also been viewed as too Catholic, too Baptist, too Calvinist, too BLM at one point, and too Trump (of course)... To make the claim that it is a far right political site is to suggest only one view is allowed. No offense but that comes off as whining. As for the FBI, who cares? Again, I don't want to be insulting, and in your case I most certainly wouldn't be, but come on. Who really gives a damn what the stupid FBI thinks. If they can't handle what we post now then we're going to prison someday anyway because eventually we won't be able to post genuinely Christian views on things like homosexuality anyway. So what are you worried about bringing it up for.

Can you just relax, please? You have always been a better man than this. What on earth happened to you?
The line in the sand has clearly been drawn . THAT is what is going on my friend .
IN the end the seperation will be so great , one side will be hollering death death death to the other side .
AND it cant be stopped . We have two sides . EITHER one is truly of JESUS or they are of the dark one .
There is no middle ground and soon enough this wll be seen .
Let us stick to sound doctrine , to pointing to JESUS . Whoever comes amen , but many will reject .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mmmm... I would define His moving in power as a separate experience myself. It is consistently associated with the outpouring, and that I regard as a separate experience from receiving Christ by faith. But yes, there does most certainly need to be a work done in the believer first; a preparing of the vessel if you will. I equate the early Christian experience with the first three festivals of the Jewish year: Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits. Then comes Pentecost. A believer must be incorporated into the body of Christ, receive the unadulterated word, and understand what good church teaching is. Then, when the Spirit is poured out, they know what to do with it.

And yes, under those guidelines I have to admit that I don't think many in the church are truly ready yet. We have been dumbed down very badly in modern times for one thing, and maybe this is part of the reason why we allow ourselves to get into too much division. If the preaching was better, maybe we would be in better shape.

While churches still follow the doctrines and traditions of men there is not much room for the Holy Spirit. When church leaders begin to put Jesus at the centre of everything and teach their flocks to do likewise then there will be a place for the Holy Spirit in the churches. He is present in some more than others but without his presence and empowering it is all just religion and that gets nobody anywhere much.