1 Cor 1:4-9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:4-9
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 I thank [a]my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, 5 that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, 6 even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed [b]in you, 7 so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

these are my thoughts please share yours
4 Which are only given grace from God through Jesus. Grace is not something we can earn or gain.
5 He gives us our knowledge and speech

6 our tstimony is confirmed by how Jesus changes and uses us
7 God will give us all the gifts we need to do the work of the Lord
8-9 Jesus will be there for believers until they meet Him again and He will help us with our life here as we need Him

Shine God's Love

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
4) (Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world) I agree, we can not earn or gain it... but only through Jesus

5) (1 Corinthians 12:8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit. Also 2 Corinthians 8:7 But as you abound in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all diligence, and in your love for us—see that you abound in this grace also)

6) Showing the Corinthians accepted Christ proven by their testamony

7) Speaking of spiritual gifts (Corinthians 12:7-11 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.)

8-9) Jesus will always be with us while we are here, until he returns which will be the end of the earth.

:)