1 Cor 2:14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:14
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

14 A person who isn’t spiritual doesn’t accept the teachings of God’s Spirit. He thinks they’re nonsense. He can’t understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

My thoughts.

Without the Spirit leading the bible will be read just as another book but with the Spirit it is the book we are living by.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This verse speaks of those who are not born-again. Note: The NIV uses the term "without the Spirit" - GW says "Isn't spiritual" these are two different positions. :huh: The GW implies that one has to be spiritual to accept the teachings of the Spirit [Holy Spirit]. The NIV says that without the Spirit [Holy Spirit] one cannot understand the things of God because they can only be discerned through his Spirit...

Blessings

BibleFeast

Jun 14, 2013
UK
I agree, the GW doesn't quite grasp the full meaning of what is being communicated. The context suggests that yes in fact, this is speaking of the unsaved and saved. The NIV is good but I have to go with the CJB on this one because of it's execution in terms of accuracy and depth.