1 John 1:9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And "imputed" righteousness was for the Old Covenant (Abraham and David), not the New, which is true righteousness not just a covering over filth.

Its the imputed righteousness OF CHRIST.
And Christ was not given on the Cross, in the Old Testament.

You are a deceiver who just gets worse.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the imputed righteousness OF CHRIST.
And Christ was not given on the Cross, in the Old Testament.

You are a deceiver who just gets worse.

You have twisted it to mean we actually sin, but Christ's imputed righteousness covers it. That is heresy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have twisted it to mean we actually sin, but Christ's imputed righteousness covers it. That is heresy.

You stated that you teach the "eternal law of God" that only you have created or can try to pretend.

Listen.
Jesus the Eternal, the "Alpha and the Omega".... God in a human body on the Cross... "Is the END OF THE LAW for Righteousness".
He has Established GRACE as the Dominion that the born again exist in.... this is the Kingdom of LIGHT..

The born again are "translated from Darkness ....TO Light"... and this Light is Christ, who is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD< and to be "IN CHRIST" is to be in this LIGHT as a Child of the Light, ....vs, being in "darkness", and these are both Spiritual contexts.

Listen,
There is the law and then there is Grace.
Grace has dominion over the Law, and this has to be so, because "the LAW is the power of SiN". "the power of sin, is THE Law".
Sinners, are found "under the law".
Legalists like you are found under the law, trying to save yourself because you have no FAITH that Christ keeps you saved.
So, all that is left is you trying to be your own savior, and that DENIES the CROSS, 1stCenturyLady...
Born Again Believers, are found... "not under the law but under Grace".

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated that you teach the "eternal law of God" that only you have created or can try to pretend.

Behold, listen to me now. Do you know what the word "establish" means as in the last verse of Romans 3?

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Establish means to start, set up, begin, initiate to name a few. So it is not talking about "the law" of the Old Covenant Ten Commandments which has just ended. So what is it that is being established? It is something that the old Law knew about and spoke about in the Old Testament, but the people under the Law could not achieve...but it was known.

In fact Matthew 22:35-40 says
35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him: 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 Upon these two commandments hang the whole Law and the Prophets.”

It was always there but not being acted upon, so now in the New Covenant with the gospel of the power of God our whole nature has changed and Christ in us is establishing this eternal law. Yes, that is my word, but what I mean by it is the truth: it doesn't end, like the Mosaic Law. The laws of the New Covenant are identical to this eternal law with Jesus as God. 1 John 3:23-24

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

John 14:
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

Again, how does Grace work in us regarding sin? We have different definitions. That's our problem communicating.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We each are responsible for our own discipleship; salvation is God's gift of grace!

No one can SERVE 2 masters! If sin is your focus, then it is your master. You desire to serve the pride of life, the lust of the eye and lust of the flesh. These are not of God.

If your focus is God ,walking in his will, bearing his fruit, and staying attached to the vine then your master is righteousness and faith in God.

All these pittling theories, theologies, self appointed doctrines and teachings do not mean squat in the end of this life except death.

What serves the disciple is to serve God and man in love. To allow the Holy Spirit of God full reign and illumination as we study, pray and seek God's will.

The TRUTH IS NOT HIDDEN FROM ANY THAT SEEK HIM. There also are no favorites or specials in his eyes. We all must come to God the same way and we all must serve him IN HIS WILL, FOUND IN HIS WORD!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again, how does Grace work in us regarding sin? We have different definitions. That's our problem communicating.

1.) God made Jesus to be sin for us. 2 Corinthians 5:21

= there go your sins.

2.) God in Christ not counting sins against the born again. 2 Corinthians 5:15

= no eternal judgement for sin if you are born again

3.) Blessed is the one to whom God will not charge sin. Romans 4:8

= all the born again

Welcome to Salvation, its the "GIFT of Righteousness" that is unearned and cannot be maintained by your self effort.

End result?

"As Jesus IS, so are the born again IN THIS WORLD"..

= There is no sin in Christ and all the born again exist "In Christ".

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one on this forum, or anywhere on the Planet teaches that Jesus died for your sin so that you can go and live like the devil... unless its the devil, i suppose.

"License to sin" is not taught. But the DECEIVED who are a part of the cult of OSAS, teach that "there are those who teach license to sin".

NO THEY DO NOT.
Not One Youtube Video teaches this nonsense.
Not one Commentary.
Not one Preacher who is a Legit Protestant Denomination.
Not one real Protestant Denomination, teaches this nonsense.

So, until you have some evidence, and can post a QUOTE< that says...>"if you are saved, you can sin".., then you should give it a rest.
See, any person who would say that you can just be A-OK as a sinning Christian, does not even understand anything about Salvation or Redemption or Faith or The dominion of the Law, or anything related to Soteriology.
How often many within the churches say otherwise . How many churches are now calling evil good and good evil
and YET they LIP the name of JESUS .
Professing to know Him and professing they have great love and yet they love and embrace sin and hate any kind of correction .
If one hates the truth , THEN how on earth do they Know Christ .
The proof of being HIS is seen in the fruits .
Watch their conversations . Often they speak of the world , they talk of its tv shows , of money
of its entertainment . And even if a man does appraoch them to talk of GOD
for but a minute they might say amen but so quickly return to their true hearts desires , WHICH IS THE WORLD and THE THINGS of this world .
Invite them to read the bible and they say OH YOU NEED to hear our pastor ,
They have no real desire to hear the truth in the scriptures . Come to our church they say
but often want nothing to do with the scriptures and are under a sensual love as well .
They can talk about their favorite movies and sports and their dreams and goals in this world
and yet the bible is as an empty book to them . LEST their preacher is using it to justify worldly means and wordly goals .
They have no real desire to read the bible itself . Rather to let men twist what little they do read unto them in a way
that both fuels and feeds their flesh . Even this love stuff they so stumble over
is neither of GOD nor is it LOVE . cause the last time i checked the LOVE OF GOD would POINT a soul to CHRIST
not to the idea that it dont matter if we know him or not so long as we do good and have love . Yet that is the love they chose
and have chosen . A love that embraces sin and hates truth , a love that points to men earning their salvation by good deeds
AND THAT AINT LOVE NOW IS IT . ITS OF The dragon .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two meanings for "flesh." In Romans 8:8-9 Paul means carnal nature. The old man. We are spirit, soul and body. The spirit/mind and soul/conscience - our 'nature' has died and been reborn of the Spirit and become immortal. We have been given the mind of Christ. What Paul doesn't want you to be confused about is our mortal body. It must also die and be resurrected to become perfect and immortal. That is the meaning of the additional verse, verse 10. If we haven't been reborn of the Spirit and Jesus has not taken away your sin nature, we don't belong to Him.

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the (mortal) body is dead (or dying) because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

It is true that born again Christians have been granted immortality when they receive their reward of course. But make no mistake maam, it was satan that said Eve would not die, not Jehovah. People do die, and have no knowledge, I side with the Bible on that. If all are immortal, what is the point of the resurrection?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We each are responsible for our own discipleship; salvation is God's gift of grace!

No one can SERVE 2 masters! If sin is your focus, then it is your master. You desire to serve the pride of life, the lust of the eye and lust of the flesh. These are not of God.

If your focus is God ,walking in his will, bearing his fruit, and staying attached to the vine then your master is righteousness and faith in God.

All these pittling theories, theologies, self appointed doctrines and teachings do not mean squat in the end of this life except death.

What serves the disciple is to serve God and man in love. To allow the Holy Spirit of God full reign and illumination as we study, pray and seek God's will.

The TRUTH IS NOT HIDDEN FROM ANY THAT SEEK HIM. There also are no favorites or specials in his eyes. We all must come to God the same way and we all must serve him IN HIS WILL, FOUND IN HIS WORD!
Hit the trenches and let all lambs honor HE who has saved us . Being hearers and doers of His word
and reminding one another daily to do the same . We must continue to point to the biblical Christ
and stay well planted in those bibles . Continue in Christ and let us use every warning and every reminder
as fuel for our walk . Those sayings are GOOD for our souls and work good unto the hearer and the doer of them .
Now lift those hands up and let the glorious Lord be praised and thanked . A lamb follows CHRIST
not men Who omit His teachings and use excuses like those reminders dont apply to us . NO lamb follows that .
Instead with JOY in its heart it sups upon every Word OF the LORD , taking every reminder as good for us
every warning as good for us to hear and to heed . A lamb loveth truth , not the MIX that feeds the flesh .
SO march ON in the GLORIOUS LORD and stay planted in that bible . For many no longer heed that book .
at most they heed only parts and omit the parts that preach against their own hearts desires .
Too many folks are creating a god in the image of their own hearts desires
BUT LAMBS HEED THE LORD GOD who has saved them and changed them and keeps them safe
and feasting daily on the truth that builds us up . Hit those trenches and never look back , its all out war for the souls of men
and to CHRIST we must point . The world is gonna do as the world is gonna do
and sadly many churches are gonna do as they gonna do . BUT A LAMB IS SIMPLY GONNA DO AS JESUS SAID TO DO .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some in these forums are so "ate up" with the dogmas of self appointed righteousness and indoctrination of self & mans dogmas, they can not see the FOREST for the TREES !

The purpose of repentance and confession is not to receive the Holy Spirit of God, but rather to have us in RIGHT standing with God. SIN separates from God and it's end is death !

Sin, once it takes ROOT in a person, is the yeast of the world. It will thicken and harden all against the manna of God. We have ZERO control of sin but the God we serve refuses to accept sin into his kingdom. If we serve the flesh and let it control us, we are NOT HIS CHILDREN !

He is our advocate or lawyer, weighing out every nuance of our heart, the love, motivation, and desires that are deceitful. When we are convicted and found guilty by the Spirit of God, he stands in our stead IF we have repented, confessed and turned away from sin.

It's not a heavy yoke the Lord asks of us but one he helps us bear. Walking along side in every aspect of our lives, helping at every turn we rely on him for.
MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT, GOD SAYS.
Therefore we MUST rely on him in all things !

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2.) God in Christ not counting sins against the born again. 2 Corinthians 5:15

= no eternal judgement for sin if you are born again

Your statement is the opposite of the meaning of 2 Corinthians 5:15. Sin is always held against a person if committed willfully. We then don't belong to Jesus, but to the devil. Romans 6:15-16.

3.) Blessed is the one to whom God will not charge sin. Romans 4:8

= all the born again

That statement was from King David AFTER he confessed his sin and was forgiven. That confessed sin was still there, but not charged any longer. It was then completely taken away by the future blood of Jesus. You are believing we can willfully sin and not be held accountable.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that born again Christians have been granted immortality when they receive their reward of course. But make no mistake maam, it was satan that said Eve would not die, not Jehovah. People do die, and have no knowledge, I side with the Bible on that. If all are immortal, what is the point of the resurrection?

You misread my post. Go back and see that only our spirit and soul are born again NOW and has put on immortality. Not our body. It must still die, and then be resurrected for that to happen to it also.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to this verse, how much desire to sin do we have after we have confessed our sin?

If we have been freed from sin and cleansed of ALL unrighteousness, are we still a liar if we agree? 1 John 1:8

Is 1 John 1:9 the same doctrine as Acts 2:38. 1 John 1:9 says to confess. Acts 2:38 says to Repent. Both are to receive the Holy Spirit, so how often do we need to confess to receive the Holy Spirit?

So if you answered the second question correctly, is 1 John 1:8 really about a Christian that still sins? Have they ever been cleansed of all unrighteousness to become a Christian?
I think it is possible to repent of all our sin here on earth, though I don't claim to be such a person yet. I would have to think 1 John 1:8 refers to the fact that we've all sinned at some point in our lives.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misread my post. Go back and see that only our spirit and soul are born again NOW and has put on immortality. Not our body. It must still die, and then be resurrected for that to happen to it also.

There is not spirit or soul without the body maam. When Jehovah put the breath (holy spirit) of life into us we became a living soul. Soul literally means breathing creature, and all breathing creatures go to the same place when that breath of life leaves them: Ec 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
Ec 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All? Who said all? All what? All people? Even all unbelieving sinners?

Out of every being Lady, only Jesus and his anointed bride (born again) are referred to as being immortal. That includes all the faithful angels as you might imagine.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is possible to repent of all our sin here on earth, though I don't claim to be such a person yet. I would have to think 1 John 1:8 refers to the fact that we've all sinned at some point in our lives.

Yes, and that is why 1 John 1:10 refutes that no one is born without ever sinning as is claimed in that verse. But all three verses of those in darkness, verses 6, 8 and 10 are before Christ and before confession of our sin which is our inability by ourselves to be totally righteous as we must be to go to heaven. But how? 1 John 1:9 and Acts 2:38 shows the reason for confession or repentance; to become born again of the Spirit of Christ, Romans 8:9. It is the Spirit inside of us that is able to empower us to become righteous.

Bob, for you I would suggest memorizing 2 Peter 1:5-7, and doing the steps, reading in context from 2-11. Those steps will help you mature in the fruit of the Spirit that may be causing you to do things you know are not pleasing to God. Hope that helps.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Fruitful Growth in the Faith
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not spirit or soul without the body maam. When Jehovah put the breath (holy spirit) of life into us we became a living soul. Soul literally means breathing creature, and all breathing creatures go to the same place when that breath of life leaves them: Ec 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
Ec 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

The mind and conscience (spirit and soul) are invisible, but real. They are born again now, and when the body dies, the spirit and soul of the reborn return to the Father awaiting the resurrection when they will be rejoined with their new incorruptible body that has become immortal also.

When an unrighteous person dies, their spirit and soul are aware of being in the outer darkness where their is gnashing of teeth, and idiom for extreme torture by demons until the resurrection of their own body awaiting the judgment when both the unrighteous and the demons will together be thrown into the lake of fire.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of every being Lady, only Jesus and his anointed bride (born again) are referred to as being immortal. That includes all the faithful angels as you might imagine.

I agree. The angels were created immortal as was man (unable to die) until man fell and became mortal (able to die). Jesus came to undo sin, and taking sin out of the born again, literally destroying the works of the devil in them. 1 John 5:18.

Hell was created by God for the devil and his angels, not for man, and because the devil and his angels are immortal, their pain will last forever. But unregenerated man who is mortal will be instantly destroyed spirit, soul and body, though hell will last forever after they have gone through the second death.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mind and conscience (spirit and soul) are invisible, but real. They are born again now, and when the body dies, the spirit and soul of the reborn return to the Father awaiting the resurrection when they will be rejoined with their new incorruptible body that has become immortal also.

When an unrighteous person dies, their spirit and soul are aware of being in the outer darkness where their is gnashing of teeth, and idiom for extreme torture by demons until the resurrection of their own body awaiting the judgment when both the unrighteous and the demons will together be thrown into the lake of fire.

Actually Lady, it is highly probable that the first resurrection has already happened, so if it has, a born again person will be changed in the twinkling of an eye 1 Cor 15:51-53. When an unrighteous person dies, they go to the grave awaiting a resurrection same as the other sheep Acts 24:15. The only ones who will not receive a resurrection, according to Jesus anyway are those who have sinned against the holy spirit, and that is very hard to do maam. One actually has to know God and His purposes and work against those purposes in order to receive that judgment. Adam, and Judas would be prime examples. Mk 3:29

God does not torture people, nor demons forever maam, the lake of fire represents the second death, and states that clearly in both places it is found in the Bible.