1 John 1:9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. The angels were created immortal as was man (unable to die) until man fell and became mortal (able to die). Jesus came to undo sin, and taking sin out of the born again, literally destroying the works of the devil in them. 1 John 5:18.

Hell was created by God for the devil and his angels, not for man, and because the devil and his angels are immortal, their pain will last forever. But unregenerated man who is mortal will be instantly destroyed spirit, soul and body, though hell will last forever after they have gone through the second death.

I am very sorry maam, I made a sincere typing error, I meant that only Jesus and his anointed bride are immortal, the faithful angels are not. Hell is the abode of the dead, everyone who dies goes there, and when everyone is resurrected out of it, it too will be cast into the lake of fire as it will no longer be necessary Rev 20:13,14

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of 37 people who read this, you are the only one brave enough to answer!

Sorry, Robert, but you are wrong about what Paul meant in Romans 7. He was talking about BEFORE Christ; he was talking about what it was like under the Jewish Law, the Ten Commandments when all they had to keep them was their own willpower, and not the Holy Spirit inside of them. That is why in Romans 8:2 Paul says, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ HAS FREED ME FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. Start reading at verse 5 of Romans 7. You are only reading 14-25 and misunderstand. Many read those verses out of context of the whole: Romans 7:5 through Romans 8:9 and cannot understand that Jesus takes away the desire to sin. They believe the lie that we are always struggling, but never arriving at freedom of sin in this life.

So, after Christ, Paul doesn't have that struggle to keep free from sin anymore. Romans 6:6-7 shows us that the "flesh" the "old man" the "carnal nature" is dead having been crucified with Christ and it that sin nature stayed on the cross. What was resurrected was a born again new creature with a new nature.
I also believe this was Paul's experience under the law. Believers are never called sinners, but saints. The old self was crucified with Christ and we are new creations in Christ- we are slaves of Christ now, not slaves of/to sin. As John in his epistles makes clear believers do not continue in sin and the children of God and the devil are distinguished by sinning or righteous living.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady