1 john 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have sinned greatly in the past. A man cannot justify himself and declare himself sinless in the present time.

Let me see if I have this right. John teaches that you can be perfectly sinless, but you can never know if you've actually reached that state. Then according to your own pronouncements no one can ever know if they are "born again." So apparently you have no way of knowing if you're saved or not. Once again, this strange teaching has John contradicting himself.

1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rex quoted Is. chapter 6:

5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!

but he did not put it in context by quoting the following:

[sup]6 [/sup]Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
[sup]7 [/sup]And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

At that point the prophet was made. He was made holy, not by his own works of obedience but by responding to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in conviction of sin, and in his `reckoning` and his acknowledgment of himself as a man who sins, he enters the state of entire sanctification or sinless perfection, as his iniquity is taken away and his sin is purged (not `covered over).

There are some who can witness to having this coal touch their lips, whilst the rest (mostly) deny it and twist the scriptures, not knowing them through revelation. They read them with a carnal mind.

Yes man knows when this act takes place and has the witness of God inside that he walks as His Saviour walked.

[sup]8 [/sup]But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

But as Isaiah has just said, the burning coal CAN.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me see if I have this right. John teaches that you can be perfectly sinless, but you can never know if you've actually reached that state. Then according to your own pronouncements no one can ever know if they are "born again." So apparently you have no way of knowing if you're saved or not. Once again, this strange teaching has John contradicting himself.

1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.
The part of us that calculates what we are doing is not the part of us that has faith. So the more the fact that we are doing something unusual sinks in, the less likely we will be able to continue. Like Peter when he realized he was actually walking on water...he began to sink. It is like that with walking without sin. We are not focused on what we are doing, but our eyes are in the Lord Himself. When you have this experience the last thing you are thinking of is that you are not doing any sinning. You are too busy walking in the light.